Nvidia Graphics Issues Post Here

Hey Il-2 BoS team,

I just bought Il-2 Battle of Moscow (premium edition with the P-40 and Mc. 202), just tried to run the game but at the lowest settings I was able to only get about 20 fps. My computer setup is as follows:

Computer: Lenovo Legion Y520

Processor: Intel i7-7700HQ      2.80 GHZ

Installed RAM: 16 GB

Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti      4GB

Has anyone else had issues with this specific graphics card? I look forward to any advise since I really want to get into this simulator (so I can get out of War Thunder), I already bought a Thrustmaster T.16000m FCS joystick and headtracking and I would hate for it to go to waste. I'm confident that this will be a great simulator, I've put plenty of time into FSX, and have watched plenty of YouTube videos on Il-2 BoS and I am convinced that this is the simulator that's right for me. Any assistance would be welcome.

I'm in the same boat. But it's an odd occurrence, it seems to come and go. If I don't reboot, it happens rather quickly. But if I start the game with a clean boot, sometimes I can fly for hours. Last night is an example. I flew for almost 4 hours. This morning I flew for less than an hour. Actually all I was doing was watching the recorded flights from last night and the game crashed.

I'm running the latest drivers but I don't think that's helped. I've tried several other drivers based on what people in this thread have suggested. The crashes have been the same. Happening as I described at the beginning. I think it's more than BoX having an issue with 700 series cards and Nvidia drivers. I think it is a combination of both and a Windows issue. What and why I have no idea, but doing a web search shows other people having similar issues with other games. I hope it gets nailed down soon. I'm planning to upgrade my machine but it won't be until spring. I'd still like to fly this winter as much as possible.

Edited by Rjel

Hi all - I'm  new to the forum having just installed IL-2 Sturmovik BOS from DVD. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, Gigabyte GA Z-97X- SOC Force, 32GB RAM G.Skill F3-2400C10Q-32GTX, Intel Core i7-4770K with an EVGA GTX 780 Ti.

When I launch the game, it runs for anything from 15 seconds to 3-4 minutes before the graphics crash and screens go black. The following dialog  boxes come up with the messages "DXRenderer11::endFrame(..) DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED (0x887a0005)"  and "DXBufferMan11::vb(..)DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED (0x887a0005)".  On occasion, there are additional dialog boxes but these appear to be the common messages I receive. I have tried running in debug mode, full screen/window, uninstalled GeForce experience and rolled back the driver to 368.81 (which I understood to be working at one point last summer). I have changed various graphics settings to reduce detail etc but all to no avail. Have I missed something or is this game just completely incompatible with my graphics card for some reason.

I'm very disappointed because I bought the card new a couple of years back and it wasn't cheap. Two years on and I eventually get around to installing my very first game and now this . . . .

Any help gratefully accepted and appreciatead

Hi all - I'm  new to the forum having just installed IL-2 Sturmovik BOS from DVD. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, Gigabyte GA Z-97X- SOC Force, 32GB RAM G.Skill F3-2400C10Q-32GTX, Intel Core i7-4770K with an EVGA GTX 780 Ti.

When I launch the game, it runs for anything from 15 seconds to 3-4 minutes before the graphics crash and screens go black. The following dialog  boxes come up with the messages "DXRenderer11::endFrame(..) DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED (0x887a0005)"  and "DXBufferMan11::vb(..)DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED (0x887a0005)".  On occasion, there are additional dialog boxes but these appear to be the common messages I receive. I have tried running in debug mode, full screen/window, uninstalled GeForce experience and rolled back the driver to 368.81 (which I understood to be working at one point last summer). I have changed various graphics settings to reduce detail etc but all to no avail. Have I missed something or is this game just completely incompatible with my graphics card for some reason.

I'm very disappointed because I bought the card new a couple of years back and it wasn't cheap. Two years on and I eventually get around to installing my very first game and now this . . . .

GTX 780s have had issues with this game.  I don't have one and I'm not sure of the status.  There was talk of using driver 350.12 to cure certain issues.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/26988-calling-780s-owners-find-real-solution-update-2006-and-nvidi/?hl=%20gtx780

Hi all - I'm new to the forum having just installed IL-2 Sturmovik BOS from DVD. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, Gigabyte GA Z-97X- SOC Force, 32GB RAM G.Skill F3-2400C10Q-32GTX, Intel Core i7-4770K with an EVGA GTX 780 Ti.

When I launch the game, it runs for anything from 15 seconds to 3-4 minutes before the graphics crash and screens go black. The following dialog boxes come up with the messages "DXRenderer11::endFrame(..) DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED (0x887a0005)" and "DXBufferMan11::vb(..)DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED (0x887a0005)". On occasion, there are additional dialog boxes but these appear to be the common messages I receive. I have tried running in debug mode, full screen/window, uninstalled GeForce experience and rolled back the driver to 368.81 (which I understood to be working at one point last summer). I have changed various graphics settings to reduce detail etc but all to no avail. Have I missed something or is this game just completely incompatible with my graphics card for some reason.

Most of us got the same problem like myself. And we are still waiting for a fix from nVidia or the devs. Someone has to do it but in the meantime both parties are not taking responsibility for this knowm problem.

OK . . .got it working now. I went all the way back to 337.88 which is a driver launched around the time of the New Testament - works fine without any crashes and so I'm happy for the time being. I might creep the driver forwards over time to find the latest where it crashes so that I know where the problem is but this is good for now - at least I can play the game.

I have contacted the game developer's helpline and they merely said that it is down to the Nvidia drivers and NVidia are working on it . . hmm!! - not sure about that because this has been a problem for ages and if they were serious about it, they could sort it in short order - my guess is that NVidia can't be bothered for a single game. Still, I've lodged a query with them too.

It looks as though I will end up having to keep IL-2 BOS on a hard drive of it's own and boot from it when I want to play - not the end of the world I suppose but could be better!!

• Upvote 1

OK . . .got it working now. I went all the way back to 337.88 which is a driver launched around the time of the New Testament - works fine without any crashes and so I'm happy for the time being. I might creep the driver forwards over time to find the latest where it crashes so that I know where the problem is but this is good for now - at least I can play the game.

I have contacted the game developer's helpline and they merely said that it is down to the Nvidia drivers and NVidia are working on it . . hmm!! - not sure about that because this has been a problem for ages and if they were serious about it, they could sort it in short order - my guess is that NVidia can't be bothered for a single game. Still, I've lodged a query with them too.

It looks as though I will end up having to keep IL-2 BOS on a hard drive of it's own and boot from it when I want to play - not the end of the world I suppose but could be better!!

It's not only this game. If you google the "device_removed" error you will find a lot of games with similar issues.

Wish you the best with that driver, but I'm not gonna downgrade my card back to moses just for one game while the rest of my software is suffering.

I've recently had similar errror recently several times "DXRenderer11::endframe(..) DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED (0x888a0005)"

i didnt always get the DX error (two times) but many driver crashes and recoveries with no error

I have 1070 w7 64bit. running 388.43 drivers (and had the error also with slightly older drivers)

Only had it while alt tabbed and never in actual game, running windowed borderless

Also have max performance set in nvidia profile

Nvidia GTX 780. 

Intel core i5 4460 at 3.2 GHz

8gb RAM

Problems began last december with persistent game crashes. It was solved reinstalling Nvidia drivers 368.81, following instructions from developers. Then, last april, after VR support update, Game begins to crash every time after minutes of flight. Sometimes 3 minutes, sometimes 15. Every time it happens I get this error message:

D3D Error 

DXBufferMan11::vb(..)

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

I've tried different solutions, lowering graphics options, and reinstalling Nvidia drivers. Now I have updated nvidia drivers to latest version. Crashes persist. 

I have the same problem. Has it already been resolved for you?
GTX 780 Driver 388.43 Win10. I can not install Old Drivers.

I'm in the same boat. But it's an odd occurrence, it seems to come and go. If I don't reboot, it happens rather quickly. But if I start the game with a clean boot, sometimes I can fly for hours. Last night is an example. I flew for almost 4 hours. This morning I flew for less than an hour. Actually all I was doing was watching the recorded flights from last night and the game crashed.

That's exactly what happened to me. And rebooting computer made my gameplay smooth again. The difference was really huge.

P.

GTX 780 with 353.62 working here ...

For how long?

Have you tried to fly it continuously for an extended period of time, say more than 2 hours?

On Windows 10?

Edit: tried to install that driver version (3 times), but installation always failed... 

I am done with 780, going for 1060 6GB... 

Edited by ST_ami7b5

I could fly for a couple hours before crash UNTIL yesterday ....

I've been away for (guessing) month or two, came back, saw the sale and BoBd announcement - went and added to cart (did not preorder yet - thought id make sure all is well 1st).

now I get about 10 or 15 minutes before crash. D3D (same as render errors above mentioned), sometimes just no message. tried different power mgmnt settings, different nvidea graphics settings (according to a poster here on forums). still same -crashes. ROF works fine.

780gtx card. ...I could play with a 2 hour-before-crash window, but 10-15minutes is not playable. what changed?

Edited by Gump

Windows 7 with a GTX 780 on latest drivers here, same problem

Can't play for more than half an hour without crashing.

Really disappointing to see this thread go on for so long without even a confirmation that they're trying to fix it.

I have solved this issue using the same method as above. Purchased the game 25th december 2017. I had this "d3d error" every time after 0-5 min flight.  I have i5 4570, Asus GTX780, 16GB ram and win10 64 with latest updates and Nvidia graphics drivers. The best solution for me so far has been to install the game in separate hard drive with win 10. The best driver for me seems to be 353.62. I removed old drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller I got from 3d guru site. I had to unistall and install drivers putting win10 in safe-mode. So far I've been able to fly at least 30 min without crashes.

I think I'd rather just fly CLoD or DCS than revert my drivers and make every other game on my computer unplayable. I am running a completely stock clock CPU and GPU. The game was working up until a recent update a few months ago.

I have the same problem. Has it already been resolved for you?
GTX 780 Driver 388.43 Win10. I can not install Old Drivers.

Hi m8. I solved the problem installing driver 353.62

Be aware there is a problem with that if you have windows10 founders update installed. With that version you have to prevent windows from updating drivers automatically. I did it installing 353.62. Once the system updated the driver to the last version, I did this. I am afraid we will have to repeat the process every time nvidia releases a new driver version.

Cheers.

Installed latest drivers last night, now I cannot fly for more than 5 mins... yes, GTX 780 problems again!

Up until new install of drivers I had no problem for ages... I'm bloody sick of this horlicks   :angry:

I'm installing 385.69 drivers to see what happens... watch this space!

Edited by Trooper117

Installed 385.69, seems to be alright... played through a complete mission at least.

I really hate this messing about bollocks... Every other game I have, including latest releases, play on my 780 with settings maxed out.

BoS is the only game where I get conflicts sadly...

If I was having major problems with several games etc I'd consider buying a new graphics card, (but money is tight) so I have to keep messing about...

Thank god there are other sims to keep me going though :)

• Upvote 1

I was almost ready to buy GTX 1060 6GB, then saw a notice about 337.88 driver working fine, so I installed it and I play for 4 days without a single crash.
All my other sims work fine with newest driver, no probs, so the same situation as yours....

Fingers crossed 337.88 will keep on going well, otherwise I'll give up and buy the 1060, because obviously we would face the same problems in Flying Circus, which I will buy for sure... 

I was almost ready to buy GTX 1060 6GB, then saw a notice about 337.88 driver working fine, so I installed it and I play for 4 days without a single crash.

All my other sims work fine with newest driver, no probs, so the same situation as yours....

Fingers crossed 337.88 will keep on going well, otherwise I'll give up and buy the 1060, because obviously we would face the same problems in Flying Circus, which I will buy for sure... 

I've been changing drivers faster than a newborn's diapers for weeks.  Still looking for that magic one. The oldest one I could find one my system was 368.81 from about a year ago. As I remember that driver and time frame, I'm positive I wasn't having any issues at that time. I couldn't find one older than that on the Nvidia site. Do you have a link for the one you're using?

Looking at an upgrade too but I'd love to wait until Bodenplatte is closer to release. Upgrades aren't an easy option anymore I'm afraid.

I've been changing drivers faster than a newborn's diapers for weeks.  Still looking for that magic one. The oldest one I could find one my system was 368.81 from about a year ago. As I remember that driver and time frame, I'm positive I wasn't having any issues at that time. I couldn't find one older than that on the Nvidia site. Do you have a link for the one you're using?

Looking at an upgrade too but I'd love to wait until Bodenplatte is closer to release. Upgrades aren't an easy option anymore I'm afraid.

Sure:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/75991/en