Jason_Williams

Nvidia Graphics Issues Post Here

On 7/11/2017 at 9:21 PM, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

I was running on nVidia driver 382.05 381.65 and had no issues pre-2.011.  After the update and hotfix I "thought" I detected some hesitancy when looking around with TrackIR.  If it was there it was very slight.  What started happening upon every exit was that I receive a CTD.  After reading your post Jason I decided to try the latest driver, just in case.  This was problematic however.

I installed 384.76 and rebooted the computer.  When I started the game it took much longer for the first screen screen to load.  Once in, going between menu screens took longer.  Once I selected a plane and spawned in the screen hesitated after pressing "P" to unpause.  Once flying everything looked normal, including fps.  After about 30 seconds the screen locked but the sounds continued.  After about 5 seconds the screen unlocked and my location had changed so it was flying during the lock.  I continued the flight and after about another 30 seconds the 5 second lock repeated.  I continued and a third lock happened and I flew into the ground.

I closed everything and shut the computer off and then restarted it.  Did a retest with the same long load screens and the 5 second lock result.

I exited and reinstalled driver 382.05 (EDIT: now 381.65).  I did a test and the game acted as it did before including the CTD on exit.

System Info:

Windows 10 Home 64 bit
CPU - Intel i7 6700K 4.00GHz Quad Core @ 4.6GHz
RAM - 16GB DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (2 x 8GB) 3000MHz CAS 15 (15-15-15-35)
Graphics - nVidia EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0, 8GB GDDR5 - Driver 381.65 WHQL
Motherboard - ASUS Z170-A ATX
Power Supply - EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2, 80+ GOLD 650W, Fully Modular
SSD OS - 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal
SSD Slave - 1TB SanDisk X400 SATA 2.5" 7mm
Monitor - BenQ ISP LCD Monitor 32" BL3200PT - 2560 X 1440 native resolution, 16:9

TrackIR 3 with Vector License, software version 5.4.1.26786 Final (Build 9945)
Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800
Logitech G13 Programmable Gameboard with Gaming software v8.84.15
CH Pro Throttle
MFG Crosswind V2, firmware v5.05, Configurator v2.15
JoyToKey, v5.8.2
MS FFB2 Joystick

Teamspeak 3 -  v3.1.4.2, Qt v5.6.1

Anti-virus/Firewall - Webroot Secure Secure Anywhere Complete v9.0.17.24

nVidia - Manage 3D Settings:
Ambient Occlusion - Not Supported for this application
Anisotropic filtering - Application-controlled
Antialiasing - FXAA - Off
Antialiasing - Gamma correction - On
Antialiasing - Mode - Application-controlled
Antialiasing - Setting - Application-controlled
Antialiasing - Transparency - Off
CUDA - GPUs - All
Maximum pre-rendered frames - Use the 3D application setting
Multi-Frame Sampled AA (MFAA) - Off
Multi-display/mixed GPU acceleration - Single display performance mode
Power management mode - Prefer Maximum Performance
Shader Cache - On
Texture filtering - Anisotropic sample optimization - Off
Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias - Allow
Texture filtering - Quality - High Quality
Texture filtering - Trilinear optimization - Off
Threaded optimization - Auto
Triple buffering - Off
Vertical sync - Use the 3D application setting
Virtual Reality pre-rendered frames - 1

In-game settings:
Setting:  Ultra
Screen resolution: 2560 x 1440
Full screen: OFF
Enable VR HMD: OFF
Multi GPU Support: OFF
VSync: OFF
SSAO: ON
HDR: ON
Sharpen: OFF
Mirrors: Complex
Distant landscape detail: 4X
Grass quality: Ultra
Landscape filter: Blurred
Target FPS: OFF
Dynamic resolution factor: Full
Antialiasing: 4
Gamma correction: 1

Reshade v3.05.161 active  DX10+
Curves - Contrast = .10
Liftgammagain - RGB_Gain (1.000,1.000,1.050)
Deband - Iterations = 2
Adaptive Sharpening - Sharpening Strength = .750

The situation you are describing is what is happening to me currently.The video while I’m in VR will glitch, yet the sound continues. When the video reappears I’m still flying but further ahead from where I was, so the game is still running while my video pukes. One time it never recovered and I had to do a forced quit from Windows.

Did you ever figure out the culprit is the big question?

i am not running Steam VR anymore as to eliminate problems by process of elimination. It still will intermittently glitch on me.So Steam VR doesn’t seem to be the culprit. The interesting thing is so far with all settings on Ultra maxed out I have yet to see it glitch while flying 2D, it’s only happened to me (so far) in VR mode. My frame rates in 2D are consistent 60 FPS.

I don’t know if this is a hint or not, but while flying in VR today for a test flight after installing Open VR, after 20 minutes of flying straight and level it glitched. With the framrate counter on, before the glitch I was getting a consistent 90 FPS. Right when it glitched, the framrates took a nosedive down to 44/45 FPS and stayed there for a minute or two. Eventually it recovered back to 90 FPS. 

I’m  beginning to think this is an nVidia graphics problem and /or there is some setting somewhere that is still out of whack causing it. Like I said, never noticed it on 2D screen in 4K. Graphics settings are on Ultra for both, nVidia settings are tuned towards “performance” so I’m at a loss. 

So far at a loss I might just take this rig down to Best Buy and describe what is happening and let them tune the card for max performance. 

W10 latest updates

i7 5930K six core @ 3.5

nVidia 1080ti

16 GB DDR4

Edited by BornToBattle

5 hours ago, BornToBattle said:

Did you ever figure out the culprit is the big question?

Wow, that was a while ago.  If I did, it has been overshadowed by time and other issues.  I hope you get the issue straightened out.

Your need to upgrade that computer that is severely underpowered in all aspects for il2 bos 

On 3/3/2019 at 9:44 AM, LP1888 said:

Your need to upgrade that computer

...which will be impossible because obviously it's a laptop.

But I agree, the GPU (Nvidia 920M) doesn't meet the minimum requirements.

Essentially the CPU doesn't either, but I won't expect too severe issues with that on client side.

:drinks:

Mike

I have the same exact problem as USAF only I have a great powerful system. This problem, the "D3D error" showed up only today. I just bought new 21:9 _____3440x1440@100mhz monitor. My game is bricked because I bought a new monitor.

I'm having the same D3D error.

I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN video card.

Win 10, I7 CPU, 24gb ram, SSD drives

I haven't tried after today's patch and I see there was a fix for a critical crash, but it didn't go into details on what it was.

Edited by =AGW=Jima

Guys... I had all the Above problems, graphics device removed, Direct X done this direct X done that, Blah, Blah ,Blah  I Tried all the Reg fixes no joy.         After Messing with it For  two weeks I tried another GPU removed my  EVGA GTX 1080 ti sc2 installed my back up.... EVGA 1070 ti  ftw  2  Wala problem Fixed. my 1080 is on it's way back to EVGA  for RMA I'm not saying all of you have to replace your GPU's This is just my story.. And my Apology  to 1C I was blaming them for a While out of frustration …

Mike

Pugs are people too

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:30 PM, 1stCL/Fucida said:

Hi,

I have huge FPS drops, when there is a combination of bad weather (two most cloudy levels) and FLAK activity. On the local Czech forum there was some other pilot with the same graphic card and same problem. Strange is, that at the moment of drops the game is still saying, that it goes on normal FPS (e.g. 50+), but the reality is about 3 - 5 FPS. When the flak stops, or when there is more friendly weather, then is everything absolutely OK. 

I've tested it on two systems - i5-3570K@4,2GHz, 16 GB DDR3 and i7-8700K@4,8GHz, 16 GB DDR4. In both systems was the same card, MSI GTX 970 Gaming. Both in 1440p. Same result.

Do you have any ideas please? I've tried more drivers than I can remember :-/

Thanks,

Jan

Jan, try a frametime test. fps doesn't say everything, frametime does !

online , 60 fps  but stutters en micro freezes ….. steady 60 fps ...but ..look to the frametime test

how to read  frametime  ?  ..see  link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw-cKouZmo8

Edited by 1.JaVA_KEBEN

Hi Keben,

I tested a lot without any result. I sold 970 and bought 1080 and the problem disappeared. I guess that it was caused by not optimal 2 level memory of 970.

Have a nice day,

Jan

Edited by 1stCL/Fucida
  • Thanks 1

On 3/3/2019 at 5:31 AM, USAFdfgdn said:

Hello Jason,the game  breakdown everytime.This problem has plagued me for two years.

========================================================================

this is my computer
================================================================
电脑型号        华硕X455LJ笔记本
处理器            Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz
内存容量        4.0GB
显卡            1、NVIDIA GeForce 920M
            2、Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500
硬盘            ST500LT012-1DG142 (500GB)
主板            X455LJ (1.0)
网卡            1、Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter
            2、Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
声卡            1、Conexant SmartAudio HD
            2、NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
显示器            CMN:9314  分辨率:1366x768 
当前操作系统        Windows 10 64位

IMG20190226224501.jpg

IMG20190301220644.jpg

Hi alll... Any solution for this error a had this same problem

Windows 10 64

Ryzen 7 2700x

32gb DDR 4

EVGA GTX 980

SSD COSAIR.

THANKS

I have had the same issue too. Dx error. I will try to post a picture of the error. Went to the game folder and data/updater/dx and rebuilt Dx but the problem persists. It's more likely to happen on the new map. Can't remember the name of the new map, but I also see flashing ground textures too. I don't see this with other maps, so I don't think it's a hardware issue. Ideas?

error.png

@Hopper64

For now I have not noticed this error other games or simulators ... I have changed the drivers and nothing to correct ... I believe tb is some mistake with the game and not with hardware ... we will not let this topic die, so  it will be easier to find a solution.

This is a picture for my error

IMG_20190417_222639.jpg

5 hours ago, sport02 said:

and never answer from developers …...

I have been wondering about that myself. Any input from anyone?

d' ont run for me , I play with 3dvision2 nvidia and I run the game I have a always error device removed

The new Nvidia driver (430.39-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql) does not support 3D Stereo Glassis.
I installed the old stereo driver (425.31-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql) on the new one, that should work ... but then coms this message and the crash ..

Nvidia - Stereo Skopie has become a problem in the moment !!Cresch.thumb.JPG.d55a96453335e5f7d615cbc8c17bcd05.JPG

......Is there a solution for - 3dvision 2 nvidia - ??

This Vidio above does not work for me !!

Capture1.thumb.JPG.e32f5c547777a229a160b800f96caf5c.JPG

This is a reference to the DDS available in IL-2 Folder... but invisible to us!
if a problem was triggered here .. possible ??

Edited by Tomi_099

I have exactly the same problem with 419.67 Nvidia driver , also 3dvision2 run perfectly with some others games , rise of flight for exemple or recent games .

Edited by sport02
  • Like 1

I'm getting the same D3D issue on 419.35, and it does seem to be when flying BoBP planes on multiplayer servers (at least for me).

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 2:47 PM, Gordon200 said:

New driver 430.64 released

Thanks.

Installed this, and tested OK, no issues.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 5:53 AM, 1.JaVA_KEBEN said:

Jan, try a frametime test. fps doesn't say everything, frametime does !

online , 60 fps  but stutters en micro freezes ….. steady 60 fps ...but ..look to the frametime test

how to read  frametime  ?  ..see  link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw-cKouZmo8

I came here to ask about this exact thing. I have looked all over the internet to pinpoint what exactly the issue is and what is causing it. What i experience looks very similar to the video, only it is intermittent. It occurs usually the first time i pan around or zoom in a flyout, and at random times during, sometimes when other planes get close. It is not as obvious as in this video but its starting to drive me nuts. I'm using a gtx 1060 6gb with modest settings, it barely breaks a sweat, but I get these little hitches. The frames do drop by a handful as well when this happens, usually not by much. So it is a 'frametime' issue? I'm not knowledgable with these things, can I get a basic idea of what causes it and if there is anything I can do within the game or nvidia settings that might help mitigate the issue. 

13 hours ago, Tasmanaut said:

I came here to ask about this exact thing. I have looked all over the internet to pinpoint what exactly the issue is and what is causing it. What i experience looks very similar to the video, only it is intermittent. It occurs usually the first time i pan around or zoom in a flyout, and at random times during, sometimes when other planes get close. It is not as obvious as in this video but its starting to drive me nuts. I'm using a gtx 1060 6gb with modest settings, it barely breaks a sweat, but I get these little hitches. The frames do drop by a handful as well when this happens, usually not by much. So it is a 'frametime' issue? I'm not knowledgable with these things, can I get a basic idea of what causes it and if there is anything I can do within the game or nvidia settings that might help mitigate the issue. 

This could be a lot of factors, did you check your CPU load of all your cores.  This can be simple using a windows tool, think one core is overflowing, what CPU do you have? 

51 minutes ago, Dutch2 said:

This could be a lot of factors, did you check your CPU load of all your cores.  This can be simple using a windows tool, think one core is overflowing, what CPU do you have? 

I'm using an i5 8400 (not over-clockable), and it is the source of the bottleneck.

I came to this conclusion actually after a very intense night of digging and trying to understand. I tried to learn all about frame-times and such, I managed to make it stable using RivaTuner's feature, with fast vsynch enable as well (not sure if this actually helps though). Not sure why the frame-times are so inconsistent without having to manually enable these tweaks though. There are still moments where it will dip as things appear to load. 

So I started monitoring not just the overall CPU usage (as I had done and thought it was barely breaking a sweat), but the individual cores. Boom, bottleneck found. Core 1 and 2 take most of the load and will spike at certain times, from 30-40% up to 90% or so for a sec. I'm trying to now pinpoint what settings correlate with these CPU spikes, so if you happen to know and could help out that would be great. I understand the game is very dependent on single core processing, its not really worth it for me to upgrade to a slightly better one considering I just got the thing, I guess I can only hope for dx12 support in the future to alleviate this, or to find which graphics settings to change in order to reduce these spikes

Try to get the onscreen reading in afterburner active, with this tool you can on the fly see what is causing the problem. See at youtube lots of samples on how to activate that ingame readings. 

Just a sample from Youtube:

• Like 1

Hi Lefuneste! Thank you so much for all your Time spending for truly meaningful things Developers wont make be...Will post my experiences here, as i made it in the NV Problems Forum here, and will say that your last Update works also perfect in 3D Vision like before!!!

Hi Guys! After weeks and weeks with the DXBufferman:vb/dxgi Error only with 3D vision on in NCP on all older an newer Drivers (tested all from 416-430... with 3D Vision extra installed 😉 with a GTX980/GTX1080/1080ti , and a Win 10 reinstall(1809))  I found a fucking simple Solution: Install the newest Reshade, and the Bufferman/dxgi Error is gone for me....

Has installed IL2 4/5 times in the last 2 weeks, never used Reshade for this Game , cant explain this ...Have tried all, from 10 new installs and Registry Edits in the NV Folder in therms of TdrLevel and TdrDelay, forget that all!! 

Edited by 4aoStk15

Hi everyone,

I’m very interested why my gpu is never used for 100% when I’m playing in vr. I’m using FPSvr program to check and see all the info while I’m playing. Usually, the game is using a gpu from 65% to 85%, couple times I saw it went 92%, but the average is 80%.

Using ultra in game preset with no shadows but antialiasing is up to 4 with clouds and the furthest horizon. Gives me 75-90 FPS with no action and drops down to  lowest 60 or something with some dogfighting. 

My rig:

8700k 4900

aorus gaming 5

ram 32 gb 3600

aorus RTX 2080ti Extreme 

Samsung Odyssey +

everything else is up to date

Cheers

thank you very much 4aoStk15 !!!!!

it's run again also for me with 3D nvidia2 , independently of that 3D was not  fully corrected by developers of that game , 

but I can appreciate that  3D improve a lot immersion .

Edited by sport02

On 6/14/2019 at 10:54 PM, 4aoStk15 said:

Hi Lefuneste! Thank you so much for all your Time spending for truly meaningful things Developers wont make be...Will post my experiences here, as i made it in the NV Problems Forum here, and will say that your last Update works also perfect in 3D Vision like before!!!

Lefuneste had worked in the past for 3Dvision , but now ? I do not know .

Edited by sport02

Dear Community, I experience the very same problem a lot of other users reported here, the "DXBufferMan11" DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED Error

Specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1230 v2 @ 3.30 Ghz

RAM: 16 GB

GPU: 3071 MB GTX 780  (431.36 driver)

SSD

Do any solutions exist now? Using an old driver is not an option.

Edit: Error occurs around after 5-10 min. of playtime. I play multiplayer only.

Edit 2: I changed the graphic settings from "balanced" to "ultra" and had within the last 52 minutes no crash, but framerate drops to 5 on random occasions (45-59 (cap)) that are not related to "special effects" like shooting, bombing, new planes.

Edited by Admiral

@Admiral

I also had this problem but it seems to have been resolved by ensuring that:

1. Grass setting in-game is set to Distant or Normal
  2. Nvidia Control Panel settings are set to favour performance (for power management, texture filtering)

I didn't apply a scientific approach (more of a fingers-crossed shotgun approach) so I don't know which of the two things actually fixed the problem.

Specs:

CPU: i7-2600K @ 3.40GHz

RAM: 16.0 GB

GPU: GTX 780 (driver: 431.36)

I hope this gets resolved for you because this is one of the most frustrating issues to deal with.

RTX 2070 has good FPS but stutters w/ground objects down low and sometimes when on ground and a plane passes overhead (the passing A/C stutters then). Tried new drivers, old drivers, drivers from Nvidia, drivers from Zotac, and several other suggestions from others having same issue. To no avail, not sure RTX tech. is ready for all applications (works without a hitch in ED). I'll also have the game flash out to the loading screen for several seconds on WOL, as well as have the VR headset flash to my 6 and other directions w/out looking that way. Making first time adjustments on the map while in the cockpit can cause the loading screen to come up for several seconds. I'm thinking some of this might be due to ping. To be honest though I'm not sure I'd recommend any RTX cards yet, the stutters happen w/out any frame rate drop, which I think would be part and parcel of stuttering.

Specs. A new rig.

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version    10.0.18362 Build 18362

ASUS_MB_CNL
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3192 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Mode    UEFI
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory    15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory    13.0 GB
Total Virtual Memory    19.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory    15.2 GB
Page File Space    4.00 GB
Odyssey+ VR

RTX 2070

Update 3.201 dropped today, and whereas my VR (odyssey plus) has been functioning flawless before this latest update, now it stutters constantly during multiplayer games. Whilst playing single player I have no issues, and in both multiplayer and single player my frames show well above 45fps. But the stuttering in multiplayer makes the game unplayable.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

New update is awesome!

unfortunately I’m seeing 30% reduction in FPS in all maps regardless of settings 😰

was averaging 71 - 85 and now am seeing 45 - 56

RTX 2070 on razer blade

On 4/21/2019 at 8:05 PM, Hopper64 said:

I have had the same issue too. Dx error. I will try to post a picture of the error. Went to the game folder and data/updater/dx and rebuilt Dx but the problem persists. It's more likely to happen on the new map. Can't remember the name of the new map, but I also see flashing ground textures too. I don't see this with other maps, so I don't think it's a hardware issue. Ideas?

error.png

Hello everyone...

Just letting you all know, its not just nvidia.

Windows 10 Home 64

1903 Build

Intel Core i7-5820K 3.30GHz

16GB RAM

AMD Radeon R9 Fury X (19.9.2 WHQL Driver)

I use to have Windows version 1803, and ran IL2 with no issues. This was Aug 28th, same day, I upgrade to 1903, and poof, IL2 opens with this message. I did so many trouble shooting tips and tricks that I am out of patience and options. A whole month, no real solution, and a patch drops today, still broken.

I wish my game started like some of you, and then this message pops up. All I get is a black box with this message right in the middle. I havent seen the IL2 splash screen in over a month.

What makes me wonder what is going on, is why do all my games, new and old work flawlessly? Titan Quest, oooooold game, perfect. Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Lara never looked better. Heck, even Ghost Recon Breakpoint Beta worked perfectly. Anyways....

Also, Event Viewer has some weird errors as well about il2.exe and how it was faulty.

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\Il-2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\Il-2.exe

I do hope this is fixed for all. Would love to see the skys again....

and finally play Kuban that I paid for over a month ago and never flown it once.😶

15 hours ago, =JAGTF=LEAD_SLED said:

Update 3.201 dropped today, and whereas my VR (odyssey plus) has been functioning flawless before this latest update, now it stutters constantly during multiplayer games. Whilst playing single player I have no issues, and in both multiplayer and single player my frames show well above 45fps. But the stuttering in multiplayer makes the game unplayable.

I can relate to that, no multiplayer for me sadly:dash:

13 hours ago, Sniper_Charlie said:

Hello everyone...

Just letting you all know, its not just nvidia.

Windows 10 Home 64

1903 Build

Intel Core i7-5820K 3.30GHz

16GB RAM

AMD Radeon R9 Fury X (19.9.2 WHQL Driver)

I use to have Windows version 1803, and ran IL2 with no issues. This was Aug 28th, same day, I upgrade to 1903, and poof, IL2 opens with this message. I did so many trouble shooting tips and tricks that I am out of patience and options. A whole month, no real solution, and a patch drops today, still broken.

I wish my game started like some of you, and then this message pops up. All I get is a black box with this message right in the middle. I havent seen the IL2 splash screen in over a month.

What makes me wonder what is going on, is why do all my games, new and old work flawlessly? Titan Quest, oooooold game, perfect. Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Lara never looked better. Heck, even Ghost Recon Breakpoint Beta worked perfectly. Anyways....

Also, Event Viewer has some weird errors as well about il2.exe and how it was faulty.

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\Il-2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\Il-2.exe

I do hope this is fixed for all. Would love to see the skys again....

and finally play Kuban that I paid for over a month ago and never flown it once.😶

I did a rebuild of the DX files in the game directory and I have this problem only occasionally now. I think it’s data/updater/3rd party/DX. There’s an .exe file that reinstalled the DX files. Doesn’t happen as often now.