Nvidia Graphics Issues Post Here

Happend to me once

quad core 3.5

980ti

32gbram

win7 prof 64

driver NV 385.41

Never had this problem before. It appeared with new patch 2.012

This problem is still appearing after today's patch. 

Game still keeps crashing every few minutes... latest version, all drivers old and new tested. If you are unable to fix this, what are the refund options?

bufferman.jpg

After the latest game updates the random freezes are back, whether using 353.62 or one of the latest drivers. Switching drivers and lowering settings does not fix it. single or multiplayer.

You need to remove the Nvidia drivers and then reinstall drivers version 353.62, this is the version that works for me.

Venturi, thanks for your suggestion - I just reinstalled the drivers to 353.62, but the problem is still there.

Ugh. Sorry man.

Make SURE you have cleaned the old drivers. You usually have to download a program to do this correctly.

Game still keeps crashing every few minutes... latest version, all drivers old and new tested. If you are unable to fix this, what are the refund options?

bufferman.jpg

I have the same problem after today's start the game. Two days ago all worked ok.

##

It more than strange. I turned off -in-game overlay- in GeForce Experience. Reboot. All works again. And one, I run Bandicam after I run the game...Early Bandicam was already run before game started. Reshade setting - on.

Phenom 2 X4 970 3.50 GHz 16Gb GTX 680 4Gb Acer GN246HL 1920x1080 Win 10 driver NV 385.41

Edited by Gnus

it's seems to me that D3D_ERROR  appears since I put shadow on ultra  , before it was on middle and no crash . ( crash about 1 or 2 mn )

I  update driver ( 385.41 ) for graphic card nvidia  780gtx  ti- ghz ( it's ti recognised ) and no change .

I play the game with 3Dvision nvidia .

edit : now I have the issue with shadow on middle :angry:

Edited by sport02

uninstall your drivers clean, then reinstall the latest, some times this is a down load corrupted error from your install.

another thing you can try is turn off shadows? 

https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/123219

and for you 780 guys buy a new card..

NVIDIA isn't going to fix it..

not 1C and 777 Studios fault,. 

advanced graphics are better and forward looking, NVIDIA 780 GPU just can't handle it. they even admitted it.

old tech old cards 3 versions back and try to get a upgraded price from them.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/board/34/geforce-700-600-series/

Edited by 71st_AH_Mastiff

I make a mistake in my report , in fact is when I disable vertical sync :sorry:

my 780gtx ghz run fine with the game all graphic options on the top and with 3D actived and this D3D error  appears also in 2.012 with 980gtx ( page 2 ) , blocked to 60fps and 60 fps , full hd , everywhere ( solo )  , d' ont fix you only on 780

Edited by sport02

I have the same problem after today's start the game. Two days ago all worked ok.

##

It more than strange. I turned off -in-game overlay- in GeForce Experience. Reboot. All works again. And one, I run Bandicam after I run the game...Early Bandicam was already run before game started. Reshade setting - on.

Phenom 2 X4 970 3.50 GHz 16Gb GTX 680 4Gb Acer GN246HL 1920x1080 Win 10 driver NV 385.41

you need to spend really some longer time ingame in a loading intensive environment like onlinegameplay to make sure. THis bug is really nasty as it can run 40m 1h ok but then re-surface. It is not GeForce Experience... i´ve tested it on and off and it is not the cause.

uninstall your drivers clean, then reinstall the latest, some times this is a down load corrupted error from your install.

another thing you can try is turn off shadows? 

https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/123219

and for you 780 guys buy a new card..

NVIDIA isn't going to fix it..

not 1C and 777 Studios fault,. 

advanced graphics are better and forward looking, NVIDIA 780 GPU just can't handle it. they even admitted it.

old tech old cards 3 versions back and try to get a upgraded price from them.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/board/34/geforce-700-600-series/

that is your opinon.

mine is that if you have a program, that ran fine in the past and after a certain patch still runs fine up to the calling of an unhandled exeception (always at the same memory address) that bug is more your bug then Nvidias. 

Whatever this is, in the end it means no working BoX for me for a long time so I actually bought some DCS stuff with the money I had put back for Kuban..

Edited by Monostripezebra

that is your opinon.

mine is that if you have a program, that ran fine in the past and after a certain patch still runs fine up to the calling of an unhandled exeception (always at the same memory address) that bug is more your bug then Nvidias. 

Whatever this is, in the end it means no working BoX for me for a long time so I actually bought some DCS stuff with the money I had put back for Kuban..

Agree with Monostripezebra. The graphic card is among the supported by BOS and as such should be working.

I'm in no rush- but it's a damn crying shame I can't use the game I paid for.

I'm not willing to file for a refund, yet- I'm more than willing to accept a delayed fix but please, let's get this fixed.

It's an amazing piece of gaming history, it was working like a charm and even for the two or three minutes it works for me now, it really runs like a breeze even at top ULTRA graphics setting.

I'm concerned it could be something that has to do with the self-lowering resolution... can anyone tell me how to disable it completely?

Venturi, thanks for your suggestion - I just reinstalled the drivers to 353.62, but the problem is still there.

Guys, my game is working again!!! The problem was with the EVGA Precision XOC tool that I had on my computer. As soon as I removed it, the game started to go! Edited by battlefield_2016

Guys, my game is working again!!! The problem was with the EVGA PrecisionX tool that I had on my computer. As soon as I removed it, the game started to go!

Roger, WILCO.

Let's hope.

I want to make a correction - turning off Precision XOC works too (because I would like to use OSD and fan control for other games). I tried to mess with the settings in the Precision XOC but regardless, once it is running, IL-2 will crash. So if you guys could recommend me an app for GTX980 that would at least allow me to control the GPU fan while running IL-2. Thanks!

OK, this is the oddest ever.

Before I could barely make a minute or two but now it works.

I was able to complete a Campaign mission, and 5 instant dogfights without any crash. That's nearly an hour of continuous game! And at Ultra detail too...

Dunno, what I did was removing the Nvidia Experience thing. I thought I had the EVGA Precision XOC but I didn't...

Now... I really don't know if it was that or not- but I still have the latest drivers and it works.

Another thing, but it could be marginal, was that I (since I own the game on Steam) let the overlay on- that is... when I start the game there's a little pop-up that reminds me of the Serial number for Online gaming...

Usually I Shift-Tabbed immediately and took it away; last night I left it on, OCD was screaming but that's that.

Guys, I'll try again tonight and see if it's still stable.

Haven't played in months but when I did the game worked OK with my GTX 780 with Nvida 382.05 driver.  I decided to play when I got a msg saying the new Hs 129 was available to fly.  Got the latest update along with the Kuban map and now my game freezes after about a minute or so in quick mission when trying to fly a 1v1.

I get a notification box:  D3D Buffer  Dx Buffer Man 11::vb(...)  DxGI_error device removed 0x887a005.

I removed my old driver and did a CLEAN install of the latest 385.41 and still get the freezes.

Game used to work and now it doesn't.

bufferman.jpg

I´d like to point out, that after the latest update, the error messages, while the same message, appear to come a bit different: Game instance keeps running and taking comands, which you can hear in the sound (firing guns makes the gun sound, flight and engine sounds still respond to stick input) only the graphics are CtD and it still references some textures.  I think there is some evidence that should be looked at... Oddly enough, in single player with no other planes, I can fly the Ju52 a looong time before the games crashes. I really suspect some memory mishandling causing the exception.

• Upvote 1

i having launch crashes evey time whit sli 

I7 4790K 4.4 GHz

x2 980s 

drivers 385.41 
It happen on the driver before this one too

If i stop sli it works once then if i stop playing and then go back to the game it crashes again

Also did  a new install still the same

Any time i leave the game iv to turn off sli and then turn it back on so it will work 

FIXED problim was Gforce experience 
Edited by kkeith08

I installed this as a non-steam game and it stopped crashing. Might have something to do with steam-overlay.

Tried that for a prolonged time? I don´t think that is the cause.. at least not on my side.

And one user more with the same issue.

Have this error and crash for half a year and there is still no fix.

Same errors with mutliple nvidia drivers and other solution attempts.

Is there any fix in the near future? Because I have not the money to get myself a new card just because of this game. And yes the older drivers sometimes works, but I see no point to use a year old driver while other games have a problem with that.

Ja również mam ten sam problem . Nvidia gtx 660 , Win 10

Edited by Denes

I found the fix for my freezing problems that may help some of you. For some reason on Windows10 and maybe earlier versions you can get random freezes caused by multiple audio drivers conflicting with each other. When you install your NVidia drivers do a clean install, and without the extra crap like the NVidia HD audio driver. Then go into your device manager and disable all the audio drivers that arent needed like realtek, nvidia, (Under sound/video & game controllers you should only have one "High definition audio device" enabled, or a specific brand if you have a dedicated sound board). Any that aren't being used should disable easily, while the one that is used gives a pop-up first asking you to confirm. Under the audio inputs & outputs you should only have 1 for speakers and 1 for microphone, unless you have speakers or headphones that come with drivers. Restart and test your audio, if there is an issue try switching devices in device manager. Do not remove the devices, only disable them in case you have issues.

I've played a few weeks since doing this and the freezing is completely gone.

Edited by Cheebs

I turned off SSAO, everything ok

not working for me, mirrors, ssao everything disabled and still same crash after a while. Play time without the bug can range from up to 30-60 crash free minutes in low memory single player scenarios with few planes to imiate crash or max 15min online.

texture.jpg

Clipboard99.jpg

Is there still an effort by the devs to track and fight this bug? Or are we just left aside?

Edited by Monostripezebra
  • Upvote 1

Do you have tried to reduce GPU and Memory clock speed slightly?

I don´t have any overclock or tweak software running.. is that a known cure and what kind of software works? Has anyone fought this bug successfully and with what?

Maybe I fixed my crash series.

I also had no luck with tweaking my Core Mhz or disabling Geforce Experience. My last attempt yesterday was to disable SSAO and my fullscreen to borderless window and I was able to play online without a crash (>2h).

So if it will crash again I'll report here.

EDIT: It somehow still works. For my online gameplay i got a 50/50 chance of not getting a driver crash. It's somehow better on some servers but not satisfying, because the crashes are still there.

Edited by =JTAF=sacksahne

I have a bit of an odd one because I can't make screenshots showing this issue. Basically whenever I'm on the ground on a runway I get this weird artifacting as if shadows were going berserk. These artifacts have their source in runway and runway dirt textures and have a gray, shadowy colour. I thought it's a shadow issue but lowering shadow details didn't help. Like I said before I can't catch it on screenshots and it only happens while on the ground or near it. I don't have any other issues except for this one. I have a GTX 980ti and the newest nVidia drivers.

Just get that game on Steam and can't play it. I have a 3D3 Error after 2-20min in flight.

My Rig:

ASUS P6T7 WS SuperCopmuter

Intel i7 990X

EVGA Geforce GTX 780TI

G.Skill 3x4GB

Windows 10

Updated all Driver. Graphic setings on High.

Well-known problem with 780 cards.
Until it's (hopefully) solved, download and install 350.12 driver version, which runs OK with 780 cards...

Edited by ST_ami7b5

Well-known problem with 780 cards.

Until it's (hopefully) solved, download and install 350.12 driver version, which runs OK with 780 cards...

does not work for me anymore.. despite uninstalling everything (Nvidia experience and the like..)

error gets called by landscape:

Il-2.exe       1.0.0.1       59d208fd       landscape.dll       0.0.0.0       59d207b9       c0000005       0000000000083cc8       d68       01d350bab8f780b3       D:\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\Il-2.exe       D:\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\landscape.dll       6be8d91d-bcae-11e7-8480-54271edcba90                

I've posted about this issue before. I have the same crash and error conditions as Monostripe. I have a GTX 780. This card worked beautifully before the infamous update, regardless of settings. Most of the time I played on Very High settings with a great framerate and zero graphical issues. To say that the 780 can't handle BoS is not true.

I also have the same opinion as Monostripe. I want to play this game. I've sunk many hours into it before it started crashing. I purchased BoS. I purchased BoM. I've purchased premium planes. I really want to play BoK, but my money has gone into other games that actually work. 

Nvidia GTX 780. 

Intel core i5 4460 at 3.2 GHz

8gb RAM

Problems began last december with persistent game crashes. It was solved reinstalling Nvidia drivers 368.81, following instructions from developers. Then, last april, after VR support update, Game begins to crash every time after minutes of flight. Sometimes 3 minutes, sometimes 15. Every time it happens I get this error message:

D3D Error 

DXBufferMan11::vb(..)

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

I've tried different solutions, lowering graphics options, and reinstalling Nvidia drivers. Now I have updated nvidia drivers to latest version. Crashes persist. 

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the exact same problems

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the exact same problems

Just purchased BOS during the steam sale yesterday. Running a 780ti and lo and behold, I'm having the same issues as everyone else.Was able to get controls setup but as soon as I go to start a mission, same error message as everyone else. I tried troubleshooting for a while before finding these threads detailing this is an issue with 700 series cards thats been going on for a while with no fix in sight. I've tried rolling back nvidia drivers, changing graphics settings, etc. Nothing works.

Just my luck, my troubleshooting efforts pushed me over steam's 2 hour refund period and now I'm stuck with a game that doesn't work. I'd love to get into BOS and was really excited to see what it's all about, but if there's a known issue with 700 series cards that has not been fixed, the developers need to let people know before purchasing their setup simply will not work if they have one of the affected cards.

Not a happy camper here....

Rig:

MS-7760

i7 4820k

EVGA GeForce 780ti

Edited by adonai

Just purchased BOS during the steam sale yesterday. Running a 780ti and lo and behold, I'm having the same issues as everyone else.Was able to get controls setup but as soon as I go to start a mission, same error message as everyone else. I tried troubleshooting for a while before finding these threads detailing this is an issue with 700 series cards thats been going on for a while with no fix in sight. I've tried rolling back nvidia drivers, changing graphics settings, etc. Nothing works.

Just my luck, my troubleshooting efforts pushed me over steam's 2 hour refund period and now I'm stuck with a game that doesn't work. I'd love to get into BOS and was really excited to see what it's all about, but if there's a known issue with 700 series cards that has not been fixed, the developers need to let people know before purchasing their setup simply will not work if they have one of the affected cards.

Not a happy camper here....

Rig:

MS-7760

i7 4820k

EVGA GeForce 780ti

agree...

Edited by ST_ami7b5