ACG_Herne

Oculus Rift Sale

Clearing stock for a CV2?

I played Pavlov yesterday (VR counter strike) and the fact that you can hold a rifle with two hands and aim with your head looking through the ironsights just blows mi mind.

They even have a community made Dust2 map from CS.

I second that.

You will never go back, any more than you would return to the hat switch..

or flying with a mouse. :)

V

I can't return to track ir....unable to think to go back to something flat like 2d screen and joystick hat

Clearing stock for a CV2?

I played Pavlov yesterday (VR counter strike) and the fact that you can hold a rifle with two hands and aim with your head looking through the ironsights just blows mi mind.

They even have a community made Dust2 map from CS.

Tried Onward?

More tactical and enemies go down in 1 or two shots. FPS will never be the same again. Holding the rifle and aiming with your own hands and eyes is unbelievably game changing for that genre. As is moving your own body behind cover/ crouching, crawling etc.

Edited by Tripwire

Tried Onward?

More tactical and enemies go down in 1 or two shots. FPS will never be the same again. Holding the rifle and aiming with your own hands and eyes is unbelievably game changing for that genre. As is moving your own body behind cover/ crouching, crawling etc.

No i havent, ill check it out. I feel like most of these titles are kind of obscure because the VR market is a niche itself.

I tried Superhot VR. That was some Matrix style bullet time fun!

Also tried iron wolf (VR silent hunter style) being in a sub, its fun!

Anyone sat on the fence about VR because of the expense, may be in for a little treat.

I can't recommend VR highly enough for IL2

https://www.oculus.com/

Shame they haven't got the Rift without the Touch (RRP £100). I could think about £300 for just the headset, but I don't need the controllers. Il-2 BoX is all I play.

Cheers.

Good point Cat.  Do the touch controlers add anything to the Rift for BoX?

if there are already few players online for 20 bucks games on 100 bucks pc i wonder how many players will be for these new tech

i wont pay for extra tech i already own in my phone is a question of just the software for theyre selling for 500 the hardware its a gift

Shame they haven't got the Rift without the Touch (RRP £100). I could think about £300 for just the headset, but I don't need the controllers. Il-2 BoX is all I play.

Cheers.

Flight sims was all I played as well, until I got the Touch Controllers. Opened up a whole new world of gaming for me, they are incredible. My main love is still flight simming, but I do so enjoy the occasional breaks with some Touch titles as well.

I have had no regrets in getting them.

i wont pay for extra tech i already own in my phone is a question of just the software for theyre selling for 500 the hardware its a gift

Hmmm, sure you do...

Waiting for wireless and a little voice told me it will be here before you think!

Waiting for wireless and a little voice told me it will be here before you think!

Hard to imagine wireless HMD communication could be possible with greater resolution and the existing low latency.

The wire is a minor nuisance, particularly for seated experiences

• Upvote 1

Hmmm, sure you do...

yeah my big phone screen can behave as two screens with better resolution than OR

it also includes headtracking wireless conection with the pc and heaphones

as a matter of fact my phone with the right software its better for vr that OR or vive

youre paying 500 just for the strip, frame and two lenses worth ten euro the rest you already own it all

Edited by raaaid

Hard to imagine wireless HMD communication could be possible with greater resolution and the existing low latency.

The wire is a minor nuisance, particularly for seated experiences

I would take increased resolution, larger fov, eye tracking and foveated rendering any day over wireless headset.

Might want to keep an eye on Amazon as well, according to a REDDIT post this morning they had the same deal - 399.00 with an additonal 100.00 Amazon gift card as well, bringing the total cost down to 299.00.  

I checked it after seeing that and they had jumped it up to 499.00 plus the gift card, so not sure if it will be offered again or not.

Edited by dburne

yeah my big phone screen can behave as two screens with better resolution than OR

as a matter of fact my phone with the right software its better for vr that OR or vive

youre paying 500 just for the strip, frame and two lenses worth ten euro the rest you already own it all

So can you play BOS with that?

• Upvote 2

Speaking as a poor post-grad I wouldn't listen to anyone in this thread #HatSwitchMasterRace

I would take increased resolution, larger fov, eye tracking and foveated rendering any day over wireless headset.

Might want to keep an eye on Amazon as well, according to a REDDIT post this morning they had the same deal - 399.00 with an additonal 100.00 Amazon gift card as well, bringing the total cost down to 299.00.

I checked it after seeing that and they had jumped it up to 499.00 plus the gift card, so not sure if it will be offered again or not.

What if you could have it all?

What if you could have it all?

Well I certainly would not turn it down lol.

As long as performance is maintained anyway.

So can you play BOS with that?

im just lacking the software i already own the hardware, but its a matter of time some one good intended solve it

im just lacking the software i already own the hardware, but its a matter of time some one good intended solve it

Well the time is now right with the big Oculus Rift Sale. Software included!

:P 

An actual VR experience is hard to beat.

• Upvote 1

You dont know what you are talking about. There are no phones in the market that can do what you claim your phone can do.

• Upvote 1

You dont know what you are talking about. There are no phones in the market that can do what you claim your phone can do.

If you expect any sense of reason from a raaaid post you're gonna be sorely disappointed.  :lol:

It's like seeing other users telling people to OC their FSB.

Edited by Space_Ghost

a virtual reality device its just two tiny screens with thick reading lenses and a head tracker, thats all, no magic

your mobil phone can do that much better than or or vive

as a matter of fact if you became a willingly slave for a last generation phone the screen resolution is much better than or or vive

first hit:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Stream-PC-Desktop-to-Phone-for-Virtual-Reality-Now/

truths hurt, good luck with your 10 hours shift to purchase the same hardware twice

myself ill save 50 hours early morning work and use my cheap phone for vr with better esolution than or or vive

sony experia resolution to divide by two the  second=

2160 x 3840

OR resolution:

2160 x 1200

seems the current winner for vr its the sonny speria neither or or vive

How is spotting aircraft in VR? Do you have to turn on visual indicators?

Spotting at a distance isn't a problem because the dots show up clearly at the lower res. The problem is aircraft recognition at ranges over a 1000m. It takes a little time to re-learn how to recognise their aircraft shapes.

• Upvote 2

Good point Cat.  Do the touch controlers add anything to the Rift for BoX?

No they don't but without touch controllers your missing out on a huge part of VR.  You have no hands... There are tons of titles you can't even play without them

truths hurt, good luck with your 10 hours shift to purchase the same hardware twice

myself ill save 50 hours early morning work and use my cheap phone for vr with better esolution than or or vive

-snip-

You'll save yourself 50 hours of work by not having a job.

a virtual reality device its just two tiny screens with thick reading lenses and a head tracker, thats all, no magic

your mobil phone can do that much better than or or vive

I am sure that is why the mobile phone market has taken over the VR market for high end PC VR gaming...

Kinda getting OT here...

Edited by dburne

some said you can not use your mobil phone to play bos in vr

thats false yes you can and maybe even with better resolution, i proved it with the previous link

you may say so what i can afford or so why should i use a phone, thats the typical wasting mentality

anyway ill stay away from vr cause my grandmom taught me to stay distant to tv so im not putting any soon 2 small tvs at 1 cm from my eyes

Just want to add another voice to the "I cannot play without it anymore" crowd. Every single person who I've sat down in my simpit with VR and IL2 have been absolutely blown away and grinning like a Cheshire cat. Some of them are RL pilots and some of them are terrified of airplanes. Every one comes away convinced this is the most awesome thing to ever happen to gaming.

People will always resist change when there's a disruptive technology, and to be fair this is the early adopter phase to be sure. Time will tell what the future of the tech is, but I'm having far too much fun to even care about those petty squabbles.

What kind of sale, selling old technology, no thanks.

What kind of sale, selling old technology, no thanks.

Well the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive are still the leaders with their current generation of headsets, so don't know that I would call it old technology just yet. 

But hey, at least it appears their lifespans are going to be a little better than current generation video cards at least...

I have raaaid blocked. If we all did the same he might, just, go away.

I have raaaid blocked. If we all did the same he might, just, go away.

I blocked two other ppl in this thread but not raaaid. He reminds me of my uncle (who likes to argue everything and sticks to his arguments for ever). Raaaid has a place un my heart, he's basically family.