Sign in to follow this  
Haza

Spitfire attention to detail

Gents,

I'm not a Spitfire expert, however, I would just like to point a very minor thing that shows the amount of detail that has gone into the latest Spitfire.  During a landing on a Road in SP, the Spitfire flipped and I thought that I would have a look around using the external view.  During this "look around" I was surprised to see hooks on the lower fuselage next to the flap area.  I had no idea what they were and had to look them up to find out that these hooks were used to allow the rear of  a jettisoned fuel tank to fall away from the aircraft, cleanly.

I know that for the most parts we never see under the aircraft that these guys have created, however, I would just like to acknowledge the time and effort that must go into ensuring the historical accuracy of each aircraft and that they are not just put together to look similar.  I now wonder if we will ever get those external fuel tanks?

cigar1.jpg

Picture taken from Daniel Cox post:  http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/57262-help-please-spitfire-drop-tanks/

Regards

Haza 

Edited by Haza

Ha I noticed those yesterday as well!!! And was curious of their purpose - thnx!!

Yes the devs have continued their wonderful efforts for us all to enjoy :)

Cheers Ron

Edited by manitouguy

The oxygen gauge goes down as the breathing system is used!

Barnacles,

I'm guessing that as the Spit is still early access/release there will be minor issues, however, I'm sure the Developers would be interested to know that.  It might be worth while raising that on the bugs/issues area.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/89-technical-issues-and-bug-reports/

However, did you turn the O2 system on or was it a bit sticky?  Sorry was just thinking back to the BoB film when the young PltOff forgot to lower his U/C.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbWaA1BjR-k

H

Edited by Haza

Barnacles,

I'm guessing that as the Spit is still early access/release there will be minor issues, however, I'm sure the Developers would be interested to know that.  It might be worth while raising that on the bugs/issues area.

H

Not a bug, the o2 quantity, just admiring the attention to detail.

Not a bug, the o2 quantity, just admiring the attention to detail.

Mate, misread your post as, wasn't working!

Sorry!!

Yeah, the attention to detail I think can be missed as people can become fixated on other issues such as FM (of course important), however, the Spit looks amazing and all those little things add up to make this sim an amazing fun game!

During this "look around" I was surprised to see hooks on the lower fuselage next to the flap area.  I had no idea what they were and had to look them up to find out that these hooks were used to allow the rear of  a jettisoned fuel tank to fall away from the aircraft, cleanly.

I know that for the most parts we never see under the aircraft that these guys have created, however, I would just like to acknowledge the time and effort that must go into ensuring the historical accuracy of each aircraft and that they are not just put together to look similar.  I now wonder if we will ever get those external fuel tanks?

cigar1.jpg

Indeed it's nice that they modeled the hooks (and the mud/ice guard over the carb intake as well), although I should point out that those hooks are for the 'slipper' tank rather than the 'cigar' tank as shown in the illustration.

IMG_0436.JPG