clouddancer

Dream aircraft

i aint !@#$%^& kidding around,Id die happy for a few hours of flight in a bos mossie.

LOL - got me laughing there.

Mmh for my 1st message, I'll jump in wonderland. I have a dream that one day, I'll be able to fly a Dewoitine 520. One day...

Mine is the Zeke...that works out pretty well for me.

A26, a6m2-n rufe, Fi156, noordyun norseman, c47, Ar196, pby, do24, Sunderland, H8K

Edited by Lethal_Hobo

The move to the PTO will satisfy me with torpedo and dive bombers, I will probably fly almost exclusively D3A1 and B5N2. Later planes of that theatre will also be interesting. About non-planned theatres or planes I would like to see a 1940 battle of France with MS-406, H-75, Potez 630 and Bloch MB 150 (the D.520 can be made as a collector plane as it was available in low numbers for the campaign, and only in the southern sector) ... I would like to fly with the Stork insignia again :)

I also concurr with whoever want an IAR 80/81 for the Eastern Front, the design really look cool. Collector plane?

Edited by Alexmarine28
  • Upvote 2

For me:

Fw-190D-9

Me-262A-1a + B-1

He-219

Fw-189

Ki.84 Hayate

N1k1 - N1K2 Shiden Kai

Tony

Hurricane

Typhoon

Tempest

Wellington

I-153 Chaika

Po-2

IL-4

...but my total sweeties are:

Bloch MB-152

M.S.406

Dewoitine D.520

and all Italian planes especially:

Macchi MC.200

Macchi MC.205

Reggiane Re.2000 - 2005

Fiat G.55

S.M.79 

I have a dream :)

Lancaster, Halifax, Mosquito, Beaufighter, B-25, B-24, B-17, SM 79, CANT Z.506, SBD-3 to name a few.

Edited by 6./ZG26_Loke
  • Upvote 2

Alexmarine, a 'Battle of France' set could be awesome, with a/c like the MS-406, Potez, D.520, Hurricane mk1 and Blenheim (or maybe Fairey Battle, for those who draw the short straw...), and Stuka B, 109E-4, 110C, Dornier 17 and Hs123 for Luftwaffe.

Alternatively, Baron, your idea for Italian planes could easily become a 'Battle of Italy' set, with the above aircraft for the Axis side and maybe a Mustang/A-36 Apache, Seafire mkIII/Spitfire mkIX, Beaufighter, P-40N and B-26 for the Allies, or something like that.

Alexmarine, a 'Battle of France' set could be awesome, with a/c like the MS-406, Potez, D.520, Hurricane mk1 and Blenheim (or maybe Fairey Battle, for those who draw the short straw...), and Stuka B, 109E-4, 110C, Dornier 17 and Hs123 for Luftwaffe.

Alternatively, Baron, your idea for Italian planes could easily become a 'Battle of Italy' set, with the above aircraft for the Axis side and maybe a Mustang/A-36 Apache, Seafire mkIII/Spitfire mkIX, Beaufighter, P-40N and B-26 for the Allies, or something like that.

If there is room for it, a two title release would be enough to flash out the 1940 campaign: a Battle of Dunkirk with early war RAF and LW planes and a Battle of France that will connect itself to the previous title adding the French and the Italian planes, giving us a full theatre with a nice selection of planes. A Battle of Poland could be done if the Italian set would result troublesome to have for such an early campaign, but it would involve a release with just allied planes (keeping a structure of RAF+LW & French+Polish)

The surprising part of all this is that there are probably some people who don't want certain planes made even they they would be great fun to fly and would likely sell very well.

As far as I'm concerned, make 'em all. The more planes the merrier. :)

Ain't nobody nowhere forcing anyone to buy or fly something they don't want to.

Guest deleted@30725

tumblr_llfbo5cmLO1qhigt0o1_500.gif

I've always had a soft spot for the English Electric Canberra.  Initial design work started in 1944 and still flying today (NASA).

If we have to stick to aircraft that actually flew in WW II then I'm opting for a Mossie or Tempest V.

F4U-4 Corsair with realistic carrier operations. Might take a few years but think there's a fair chance of getting it.

I can't help wishing for a Blenheim. I always felt it was sort of wasted in CloD, with those rubbishy clouds.

For me:

Fw-190D-9

Me-262A-1a + B-1

He-219

Fw-189

Ki.84 Hayate

N1k1 - N1K2 Shiden Kai

Tony

Hurricane

Typhoon

Tempest

Wellington

I-153 Chaika

Po-2

IL-4

...but my total sweeties are:

Bloch MB-152

M.S.406

Dewoitine D.520

and all Italian planes especially:

Macchi MC.200

Macchi MC.205

Reggiane Re.2000 - 2005

Fiat G.55

S.M.79 

I have a dream :)

Jeez. It was supposed to be Dream Aircraft not Dream Air Force. :)

All the same, I could go for a Macchi Mc.205 to go along with my dream aircraft.

• Upvote 1

Emily - my "it will never happen" dream.

17172313716_7e47fa5945_b.jpg

• Upvote 2

Emily - my "it will never happen" dream.

17172313716_7e47fa5945_b.jpg

So much this.

I did not put her on my list as 4 engine aircraft have been off the table since day one of this sim, sadly.

As I have said before, if the H8K were to come to this title, you would be very hard pressed to find me in any other aircraft.

Edited by BlitzPig_EL
  • Upvote 1

c6e4196a4810bd8e0f186bcae6fc6a7d.jpg

c6e4196a4810bd8e0f186bcae6fc6a7d.jpg

Indeed.

That plane at this sim's level of detail... awesome! :)

Give me something to go with what we already have. IL-4, Tu-2, Su-2, IAR-80/81, Hurricane, I-153, Po-2.

That would be a dream come true for me.

Do-17, He-177, and Hs-123 would be good too :D

For some reason everyone keeps miss-spelling Hampden. Derpiest of bombers. 

And it was in service with the USSR too! Not sure how much action it saw, but it was there.

Do-17, He-177, and Hs-123 would be good too :D

Do 217 I think would fit our plane set better.

The He 177 I can do without. I like bombers to be on fire because I shot them up. They shouldn't do it by themselves  :biggrin:

The Hs 123 would be massive fun, but that's about it. No one will seriously fly it in combat for anything other than sheets n' giggles. When you fly a fighter/fighter-bomber and the Polikarpov I-16 is faster than you by 150km/h, it's not a good sign.

All are awesome aircraft, don't get me wrong, just thinking about what would fit our current plane set.

And it was in service with the USSR too! Not sure how much action it saw, but it was there.

The RAF and RAAF flew the Hampden in the Murmansk area in low level anti shipping missions.  After they left the bombers went to the Russians who continued to operate them. 

F4U-4 Corsair with realistic carrier operations. Might take a few years but think there's a fair chance of getting it.

I'm not sure about the U-4 but I can see us getting the F4U-1D with Okinawa no question!

The He 177 I can do without. I like bombers to be on fire because I shot them up. They shouldn't do it by themselves 

wouldn't it be great if we would live in a world were people would read books beyond the first chapter.

"alternative facts" require humour now?