=LG=Kathon

Only 8 FPS after v2.011

Hi,

I get no more than 8 fps in quick mission after latest update. In the hangar menu it's ok, constant 60fps. I had no problem with performance so far, mainly constant 60fps.

i5-4670 + GTX 670

[KEY = graphics]
3dhud = 0
adapter = 0
bloom_enable = 0
desktop_center = 1
detail_rt_res = 1024
fps_counter = 1
fps_limit = 0
full_height = 1080
full_width = 1920
fullscreen = 1
gamma = 0.80000
grass_distance = 100.00000
hdr_enable = 0
land_anisotropy = 0
land_tex_lods = 0
mgpu_compatible = 1
mirrors = 1
multisampling = 1
or_enable = 0
post_sharpen = 0
preset = 2
rescale_target = 0.70000
ssao_enable = 0
vsync = 0
win_height = 1050
win_width = 1680
[END]

Try updating your drivers first, then if that doesn't work try a re-install. Backup your input folder and skins.

Some users have reported this and solved with a driver update.

Jason

Ok, will try.

I have also noticed that can't turn off Multi GPU support in Graphics setup. After restart the game it's checked again. 

Same problem.

Reinstalled drivers and now I can't even get into the game.

"Can not create Direct3DDevice: (0x887a0004)"

Reinstalled DirectX and get the same error.

Oh so happy right now. :/

Trying a complete reinstall now. Thrilled to do that big download again (at between .01 and 26kb/second).

Edited by hrafnkolbrandr

Try updating your drivers first, then if that doesn't work try a re-install. Backup your input folder and skins.

Jason

Eager to try the update when the issue is fixed...  I've got a 970 GTX with the issue...  Driver is stable before this update and stable in my other sims.  I'm not eager to shotgun with a new driver which may introduce other issues.  Can you give a read on a hotfix?

hash the start up config and restart game.............. fixed any issues i had............

Hoss

hash the start up config and restart game.............. fixed any issues i had............

Hoss

What do you mean "hash"?  Did you have the 8fps issue?

Ok, will try.

I have also noticed that can't turn off Multi GPU support in Graphics setup. After restart the game it's checked again. 

Same for me on the GPU Support. It keeps being checked at every re-start.

I installed new drivers and the game seems to run slightly better. Before, the FPS dropped everytime I started a mission, getting better only after 2-3 minutes of game. But still it seems that performance went slighty down. And I was already playing with everything on low as my PC surely can't handle higher settings...

Edit: Hotfix took care of the GPU Support problem and stabilised performance. Everything is fine now  :salute:

Edited by Alexmarine28

GTX 970 and FX8350 here. Updated nvidia driver and it works again. I was getting 3 frames. 

Replays/recordings of my missions have audio glitches, no dive sirens, no motor sounds, constant radio fuzz ect. but whatever, I only NEED them for screenshots really...

I noticed the mission editor looks slightly different. I am currently in pre-panic mode on that front... hope everything works the same as it did before!

Seems like I talked too early...

Performance are low again on the FPS front, really low at mission start and lower than usual after.

I have a GTX950M with an I7. I have all graphics options at minimum sets. Should I try to turn off the dynamic rendering for target FPS?

Jason

This is my case:

GTX780 ...

I´m using 353.62 drivers because other more moderns give me drivers errors and il2 "kaput" :(. I´d updated after this update to last drivers and works perfect until "graphics error crash", so I´d back to 353.62 drivers.

After this update, I´d 5-8 fps many times. After sometime (30-60") in 5-8 fps, game works fine, but If I zoom ... 5-8 fps back again for some seconds ... If I fly other new zone ... back 5-8 fps, etc.

I´ll try to reinstall IL2 ...

Edited by Necro_v

This is my case:

GTX780 ...

I´m using 353.62 drivers because other more moderns give me drivers errors and il2 "kaput" :(. I´d updated after this update to last drivers and works perfect until "graphics error crash", so I´d back to 353.62 drivers.

After this update, I´d 5-8 fps many times. After sometime (30-60") in 5-8 fps, game works fine, but If I zoom ... 5-8 fps back again for some seconds ... If I fly other new zone ... back 5-8 fps, etc.

Same GPU and issue for me. Eager to hear your results.

Alright then, several hours of troubleshooting/experimenting has led me to a solution which may be of some use to others. I have the Nnvidia 780 GTX and this worked for me. Bear with me here as I tend toward the wordy side in my quest for thoroughness.

Previous to this update ( "hotfix" ) I was using the 350.12 drivers....had to because the recommended 368.81 drivers caused crashes after the May 2017 update. Following advice for low FPS/Crashes after the 7/7/17 update I installed the newest drivers ( 384.76 ) which gave me great FR but the game crashed after barely a minute with multiple nasty pop-up error messages. I also deleted ( hashed??? ) the startup config ( requiring re-setting the resolution and screen size options )

Anyway, dumped the latest drivers and installed the 368.1 drivers and everything seems fine after several quick missions with multiple A/C and ground targets. Very happy now but hope I don't have to eat my words.

BTW, the Spitfire looks nice.........

Anyway, dumped the latest drivers and installed the 368.1 drivers and everything seems fine after several quick missions with multiple A/C and ground targets. Very happy now but hope I don't have to eat my words.

Do you mean 368.81 or 368.1 drivers?

Thanks in advance

P.D.- I´d reinstalled IL2 and same result ... drivers 353.62 yet.

Edited by Necro_v

It seems we still have issues... By the report here on the forum it looks like it's mainly a GTX-user problem. I will wait a little before trying older drivers/a new installation...

Do you mean 368.81 or 368.1 drivers?

Thanks in advance

P.D.- I´d reinstalled IL2 and same result ... drivers 353.62 yet.

Yes, I meant to say 368.81 drivers.

GTX980 here. Same issue. Will try the drivers and reinstall later.

Nvidia Driver 384.76 fixed it for me.  Tried that before mucking about with the reinstall of the sim.  :happy:

Nvidia Driver 384.76 fixed it for me. Tried that before mucking about with the reinstall of the sim. :happy:

I thought the same but the next session I tried with those drivers and hot-fix gave me the same problem :(

Sounds like my problem. Got BoS a while ago but only got controls etc sorted recently and flew my first flights. Don't know what fps I was getting, but it was fine, so prob over 30 at least. Looked forward to some more flying today once download completed. Unplayable. Still don't know how to check fps, but doesn't matter as I could pretty much count 'em: 2-5 fps I reckon, with massive blurring if head not completely static. Had just bought BoM/K too... hope that wasn't a waste of time. Turned some settings down, but no noticeable effect.

Fingers crossed for the driver fix tomorrow...

Yes, I meant to say 368.81 drivers.

Tested (and working) in "alone" flight. I´ll test in dogfight or mission where (before 2.011) IL2 crashed with this drivers.

Thanks

Tried again to re-install the  384.76 drivers to no avail. I'll try if necessary a new installation of IL-2. Still it would be nice to have some news from the team about this problem. especially as it's concerning several Nvidia users.

Alright then, several hours of troubleshooting/experimenting has led me to a solution which may be of some use to others. I have the Nnvidia 780 GTX and this worked for me. Bear with me here as I tend toward the wordy side in my quest for thoroughness.

Previous to this update ( "hotfix" ) I was using the 350.12 drivers....had to because the recommended 368.81 drivers caused crashes after the May 2017 update. Following advice for low FPS/Crashes after the 7/7/17 update I installed the newest drivers ( 384.76 ) which gave me great FR but the game crashed after barely a minute with multiple nasty pop-up error messages. I also deleted ( hashed??? ) the startup config ( requiring re-setting the resolution and screen size options )

I spoke too soon....

I was flying on a QMB map but when I changed the spawn point and some A/C the sim crashed after about 10 seconds of flying. I then could not even launch the game thereafter. Loaded ( re-loaded! ) the newest ( 384.76 ) drivers and I successfully launched the game. I could fly, but the game seemed unstable: On only 1 QMB flight was I able to complete my flight and finish to return to the menu. Other times the game froze/locked up when I checked an external view or moved the pilot's head several times in succession ( to maintain SA ) and had to end the game in the task manager.

In all these cases, the frame rates were very very good....until the sim locked-up or crashed.

I spoke too soon....

I was flying on a QMB map but when I changed the spawn point and some A/C the sim crashed after about 10 seconds of flying. I then could not even launch the game thereafter. Loaded ( re-loaded! ) the newest ( 384.76 ) drivers and I successfully launched the game. I could fly, but the game seemed unstable: On only 1 QMB flight was I able to complete my flight and finish to return to the menu. Other times the game froze/locked up when I checked an external view or moved the pilot's head several times in succession ( to maintain SA ) and had to end the game in the task manager.

In all these cases, the frame rates were very very good....until the sim locked-up or crashed.

It seems that whatever driver is used there will be problems, either crashes or lower FPS.... I am still waiting before trying a new installation of the game to see if there are any news or fixes from the devs.

Nothing has changed ... Drivers 368.81 quit 5-8 fps problems, but "D3D Error ... Devices ..." back again :(. IL2 was reinstalled previously.

Edited by Necro_v

It seems that whatever driver is used there will be problems, either crashes or lower FPS.... I am still waiting before trying a new installation of the game to see if there are any news or fixes from the devs.

I agree. I also note that in another thread it is alleged that the hotfix update jazzed up the ground textures to the point that is taxing the hardware of computers that heretofore had no trouble. That would explain why when my game locks up or crashes it was in viewing scenarios where the ground textures were a large ( or larger ) part of the screen display.

same here - framerate has dropped by a massive 2/3s from what I previously had with the same settings (now getting one third of my previous FPS) -

this is both in SP and MP, and even in the menus, it seems

the problem continues regardless of graphics settings, and the reduction is constant throughout any combination of options, it is clear that any connection between graphics quality and loss of performance is largely indirect (i.e. graphics-v-hardware is not the problem, lowering only helps because fps would increase by doing so anyways)

therefore, it seems reducing settings only partially lessens the issue, while the resulting performance remains consistently degraded, at a more-or-less constant ratio (about 1/3 of pre-update FPS, for me)

it all draws to the old classic conclusion: "something broke with the last patch" 

alas, something important broke bad this time - so much so that like for many others, the game is altogether unplayable and I must go do something else until the problem is fixed...

Edited by 19//Moach

This is my case:

GTX780 ...

Same here. I have been using old drivers because my GTX780 would crash the game with latest drivers (not the devs problem, they said), but after last patch I am getting terrible stuttering which makes the game unplayable at all. 

And now the devs are telling me to update to latest drivers.. Nice.....  :dry:

Edited by Vendigo

Same here. I have been using old drivers because my GTX780 would crash the game with latest drivers (not the devs problem, they said), but after last patch I am getting terrible stuttering which makes the game unplayable at all.

And now the devs are telling me to update to latest drivers.. Nice..... :dry:

Like the latest drivers don't give the same problems :(

Tried to uninstall the game and install it again. Nothing changhed.... Even dropped every single graphic option to the lowest setting but to no avail. FPS are around 5-8 at mission starts and 25 at max after 2-3 inutes of game.

Worst part is - the devs don't care. At least they should give us an option to roll back to previous patch, I don't fly online so I don't care which version the game is. 

Worst part is - the devs don't care

I cant believe that sir...i cant believe they don't care...its not possible...

Like others my pfs drop to 5 - 8 fps after last  v2.011; there must be a solution ! Seems to me driver update doesnt works !

At least they should give us an option to roll back to previous patch

I totally agree with that !

Please guys (dev's) you know theres something wrong and you have to find a solution... Im a proud owner of BOS, BOM and BOK and till 2.011 everything was great ! a joy !....But now this update "killed" my frame rates...

Poker

Guys,

Stop with the Devs don't care crap We hate that attitude. 

We have been trying to figure out what is going on here and we've been talking to Nvidia, but it's complicated.

First, we have been trying to support more technology from the vid card makers because we get non-stop requests from users to support this or that feature. However, whenever we do this, it complicates things and issues like this are more likely to occur. We don't have a large team so maybe we shouldn't bother, but we try anyways. Our latest push to more properly support Nvidia technology like SLI and 3D Vision with GUIDANCE, believe it or not, from Nvidia has caused an issue with older drivers. Again, we did this to please our customers who want this stuff, which we have resisted for years because we knew it would not be easy. And now trying to support this tech has caused problems and Nvidia has not given us any clear solution. We're not happy about it. 

The current situation is this.

1. If you have a non-780 card update to the latest drivers. This seems to be the best solution for most with low-framerate.

2. If you have a 780 card we don't have a solution for you unfortunately. The problem lies with Nvidia and they say they are working on it, but they have been saying that for months. We cannot isolate what causes the 780s to fail, none of our settings have an effect. However, knowing that their older drivers have an effect tells us their drivers are at fault. If there is something we need to change to play better with their drivers they have not shown us anything and we've tried everything we know.

3. None of this was an issue in the office or in Beta so it's all news to us. Outside of the 780 issue I mean. I've expanded the beta team before this issue and now after this issue so we can hopefully get a wider sample. 

For those complaining in this thread I see a lot of talk, but no clear listing of hardware or drivers so I have no idea what most of you are running. I can only assume they are 780s. That kind of information is always helpful.

We highly suggest you migrate away from the 780 cards if at all possible. They are clearly troublesome. I know that's necessarily easy to do, but this issue does not look to be solved soon.

About rolling back installs - would be nice, but not possible and the engine was designed long ago without my input and now I have no resources to re-design the whole thing which is what would be necessary.

When I know more I will post, but until then please share your experiences and or possible solutions.

Jason

• Upvote 2

Guys,

Stop with the Devs don't care crap We hate that attitude.

We have been trying to figure out what is going on here and we've been talking to Nvidia, but it's complicated.

First, we have been trying to support more technology from the vid card makers because we get non-stop requests from users to support this or that feature. However, whenever we do this, it complicates things and issues like this are more likely to occur. We don't have a large team so maybe we shouldn't bother, but we try anyways. Our latest push to more properly support Nvidia technology like SLI and 3D Vision with GUIDANCE, believe it or not, from Nvidia has caused an issue with older drivers. Again, we did this to please our customers who want this stuff, which we have resisted for years because we knew it would not be easy. And now trying to support this tech has caused problems and Nvidia has not given us any clear solution. We're not happy about it.

The current situation is this.

1. If you have a non-780 card update to the latest drivers. This seems to be the best solution for most with low-framerate.

2. If you have a 780 card we don't have a solution for you unfortunately. The problem lies with Nvidia and they say they are working on it, but they have been saying that for months. We cannot isolate what causes the 780s to fail, none of our settings have an effect. However, knowing that their older drivers have an effect tells us their drivers are at fault. If there is something we need to change to play better with their drivers they have not shown us anything and we've tried everything we know.

3. None of this was an issue in the office or in Beta so it's all news to us. Outside of the 780 issue I mean. I've expanded the beta team before this issue and now after this issue so we can hopefully get a wider sample.

For those complaining in this thread I see a lot of talk, but no clear listing of hardware or drivers so I have no idea what most of you are running. I can only assume they are 780s. That kind of information is always helpful.

We highly suggest you migrate away from the 780 cards if at all possible. They are clearly troublesome. I know that's necessarily easy to do, but this issue does not look to be solved soon.

About rolling back installs - would be nice, but not possible and the engine was designed long ago without my input and now I have no resources to re-design the whole thing which is what would be necessary.

When I know more I will post, but until then please share your experiences and or possible solutions.

Jason

Please, read the entire post. Those are not just GTX780 users.

I have a GTX950M with it updated with the latest drivers. Yet I have FPS issues even at the lowest possible settings. There are people whit GTX of the 10xx series that are reporting too.

This is not just a problem of a single hardware.

I don't know if this has any connection but Nvidia quietly added support DX12 for all the existing graphics such as Fermi 4xx or Kepler, and it requires the intervention of the driver.
Maybe then there was some kind of dysfunction for DX11 it's just my own theory of the problem of the older graphics.