BlackSix

Historical Campaign "Blazing Steppe"

Thanks! I'm not sure about a Spit campaign. It's a Collector plane and this will create a problem for those who will buy BOK standard edition without Spitfire.

Although I'd very much like to do such campaign...

Last week I started working on free campaign for BOK, most likely this time you'll have to fly as a wingman in the first missions.

:good: 

Sounds great thanks!

Just finished the campaign yesterday... Very fun!

Just a thought,, but... I was thinking... Since the "sister" regiment of 11th IAP was the Kittyhawk one 126th IAP, will it be possible to replace the player plane Yak-1 with a P-40?

I'd be thrilled to "refly" these missions on a different plane, the P-40... Unfortunetaly I can't do the modification myself! :)

Just finished the campaign yesterday... Very fun!

Just a thought,, but... I was thinking... Since the "sister" regiment of 11th IAP was the Kittyhawk one 126th IAP, will it be possible to replace the player plane Yak-1 with a P-40?

I'd be thrilled to "refly" these missions on a different plane, the P-40... Unfortunetaly I can't do the modification myself! :)

126th IAP was based on the airfield Leninsk and basically carried out air defense missions. P-40s were practically incapable of operating independently, they needed additional cover which was provided by Yaks of nearby regiments. Also 126th IAP has been withdrawn from Stalingrad region on September 12. So it's a completely different story...

New campaign system coming out you should be able to fly it.

Yes, you'll be able to fly P-40 from 126th IAP in the new career mode in BOS

HI, This is my first post on here but I am a long time player of IL2, I have recently bought Blazing Steppe and I am a bit confused (I'm sure its just me missing something obvious) but I am on the first mission, I take off, fly to the airfiled land fine, it says success but I end the mission and it only has an option the repeat the same mission, it does not progress? Again, sorry if I am missing something obvious. 

Also hi  :biggrin:

HI, This is my first post on here but I am a long time player of IL2, I have recently bought Blazing Steppe and I am a bit confused (I'm sure its just me missing something obvious) but I am on the first mission, I take off, fly to the airfiled land fine, it says success but I end the mission and it only has an option the repeat the same mission, it does not progress? Again, sorry if I am missing something obvious.

Hi, you can't take off in the first mission, this mission begins in the air...

If you've some issues - try to use autopilot (it can successfully complete any mission in the campaign) and watch his actions. Maybe you're doing something wrong.

Did you maybe not select blazing steppe but the default Campaign instead?

You have to access it through the "Scripted Campaign" menu entry. 

Hi, you can't take off in the first mission, this mission begins in the air...

If you've some issues - try to use autopilot (it can successfully complete any mission in the campaign) and watch his actions. Maybe you're doing something wrong.

Interesting, it begins with a description of an airfield attack and that I am the only remaining pilot and I need to evacuate the last working aircraft to an airfield to the east. I begin on the airfield with tracers on the horizon and small explosions going off. I take off with no ammo and just enough fuel and need to fly low to the airfield. I will try again later. Apart from this I am loving BOS and cant wait for the new career in BOK. 

Hmm... This is last mission in the campaign... Of course, after its successful completion you can't continue playing...

This is a very unusual mistake. Try to click the button "Begin anew" to restart the campaign and then also restart the game

2017_8_4__11_57_31.jpg

You need to see these screens

2017_8_4__12_7_12.jpg 2017_8_4__12_9_53.jpg

Hmm... This is last mission in the campaign... Of course, after its successful completion you can't continue playing...

This is a very unusual mistake. Try to click the button "Begin anew" to restart the campaign and then also restart the game

2017_8_4__11_57_31.jpg

You need to see these screens

2017_8_4__12_7_12.jpg 2017_8_4__12_9_53.jpg

Ahhh that explains it. It's gone straight to the last mission. Thanks a lot for your help

A little help here.

What's the location of the folders for the paid for campaigns?

I reinstalled the game but first copied over the entire IL2 BoS folder.

Thank you

A little help here.

What's the location of the folders for the paid for campaigns?

I reinstalled the game but first copied over the entire IL2 BoS folder.

Thank you

Read the opening post.

Read the opening post.

got it

thanks

Hi B6, do you have plans to have premium campaigns offer a persistent arena?

Example: will events took in previous mission have an impact to the next mission? (Except stats and ability to procced to the next 'stage')

Thank you.

Hi, I already do it manually in the campaigns. I can't get information about what the player did in the mission and in accordance with this to change the next mission but I can show the consequences of the actions of other objects. For example: if your airfield is attacked then in the next mission you'll see craters and burned equipment; if AI planes destroyed the bridge, it will remain destroyed during all subsequent missions, etc.

• Upvote 2

Thank you b6, purchase done.

Look forward to seeing more to come!

Phew! I made it! This was a tougher campaign than Ten Days of Autumn but it was worth it. I had some extremely memorable dogfights and I look forward to playing the missions again sometime.

Full review to come but in short... excellent experience! Superb missions. Well worth it folks!

Began that very nice and convincing campaign, thank you BlackSix! When playing in Expert Mode, is there a way to show the substitles for radio messages WITHOUT getting the HUD compass and the player aircraft position in the map that the "H" GUI displays? (ONLY radio subtitles)

Began that very nice and convincing campaign, thank you BlackSix! When playing in Expert Mode, is there a way to show the substitles for radio messages WITHOUT getting the HUD compass and the player aircraft position in the map that the "H" GUI displays? (ONLY radio subtitles)

You can press "I" to hide/unhide HUD compass and the player aircraft position on the map but you can see subtitles and technical chat.

Also you may hide technical chat here (Ingame messages - off)

2017_8_8__8_30_10.jpg

Thanks for the tip!! That campaign and it feeling of living battle everywhere mixed with the incredible new VR implementation is a pure treasure...

I've completed my review of Blazing Steppe if anyone is interested in reading it: https://stormbirds.wordpress.com/2017/08/08/blazing-steppe-il-2-campaign-has-the-secret-sauce/

Overall a superbly crafted campaign with a lot of background details, well written missions, and a lot of fun. It's also significantly more challenging than Ten Days of Autumn but that's not a bad thing.

• Upvote 3

Hallo BlackSix,

ich muss deutsch schreiben, weil ich kein englisch kann.

Ich habe brennende Steppe bereits 2x durchgespielt und sie ist sehr klasse.

Genau wie 10 Tage im Herbst, gibt es eine schöne Hintergrundgeschichte. Es ist fast wie in alten IL1/46 Zeiten, wer kennt nicht die Plus Wave (Wings over Waves/Wings over Jungels/The Fires Above oder das genialeRebirth of Honor).

Wie oft habe ich diese Kampanien durchgespielt.

Meine Frage / Wunsch, wird es brennende Steppe auch auf deutsch geben?

Es würde sehr helfen und den Kauf kommender Kampanien sehr erleichtern.

Vielen Dank für die gute Arbeit

Hallo BlackSix,

Genau wie 10 Tage im Herbst, gibt es eine schöne Hintergrundgeschichte. Es ist fast wie in alten IL1/46 Zeiten, wer kennt nicht die Plus Wave (Wings over Waves/Wings over Jungels/The Fires Above oder das genialeRebirth of Honor).

Hello! This is possible only if someone from the community can helps us to translate the texts into German.

Google translation:

Hallo! Dies ist nur möglich, wenn jemand aus der Gemeinde uns helfen kann, die Texte aus dem Englischen ins Deutsche zu übersetzen.

I am really looking forward to flying this and to re-flying the 10 Days of Autumn campaign now that I have the Oculus Rift up and running and am working through the acclimatisation process. Once that's done then I'll be into these like a ferret up a trouser leg.

Hallo BlackSix,

Hello! This is possible only if someone from the community can helps us to translate the texts into German.

Google translation:

Hallo! Dies ist nur möglich, wenn jemand aus der Gemeinde uns helfen kann, die Texte aus dem Englischen ins Deutsche zu übersetzen.

Hello BlackSix

I have to write in german, because I don't speak english.

I've already completed Blazing Steppe 2x times and the campaign is excellent.

Like in Ten Days of Autumn the background story is great. It's almost like in old IL1/46. Who doesn't know the Plus Wave (Wings over Waves/Wings over Jungels/The Fires Above or the  amazing Rebirth of Honor).

I've played these campaigns countless times.

My question / my desire is to experience Blazing Steppe in german?

It would be a pleasure and be an additional motivation to buy future campaigns.

That's more or less what Mr. Hirschmann wrote.

Fly safe o7

Emu

That's more or less what Mr. Hirschmann wrote.

Hi, thanks, I understood him through Google translator))

I mean "This is possible only if someone from the German-speaking community can helps us to translate all briefings and other texts from campаign into German."

We've no the resources to do this ourselves

The update 2.012 includes some shanges in the campaign 'Blazing Steppe':

- campaign is now officially available in Spanish language thanks to the community enthusiast E69_Cananas who made the translation;

- the Russian localization of the campaign was corrected thanks to the community enthusiast MicroShket who proofread the text;

- the AI gunners accuracy of the secondary German bomber groups increased significantly;

- formation flying of the most aircraft improved significantly;

- difficulty level of the 7th and 14th missions decreased somewhat;

- subtitle displaying and Ju 88s dropping bombs was corrected in the 15th mission.

Finished about 8 missions now, this campaign made me fly regularly again. Good job, thank you!

messer.jpg

• Upvote 1

I can't answer. You may buy any plane or campaign on our website and play them via your Steam version of the game (but you won't see them in the DLC list).

Hi,

I don't know what the status of the upcoming career mode is, but will that in any way affect these scripted campaigns? Or are they completely unrelated?

Hi,

I don't know what the status of the upcoming career mode is, but will that in any way affect these scripted campaigns? Or are they completely unrelated?

Totally unrelated

I guess you'll get the system of historical awards from career, at least

Hi B6, do u plan to roll out more script campaigns?

If so, pls can you give some ideas on the map, squadron, new features if any etc?

How about a remastered version of juri's pitomnik? A story of a german volunteer pilot into the cauldron... last mission is an escape from cauldron with incoming tanks, artillery fire and overwhelming russian fighters waiting for you at the border?