BlackSix

Historical Campaign "Blazing Steppe"

2 hours ago, Cotoi said:

1st. Please... PLEASE put a voice acting narrator in your mission - major flow

2nd. Pay more attention to characters, and try to make them more interesting, try to make us care for them 

3rd. You have so much content in the game, yet flying over a war zone you can't see no armies around. This is very bad mission making to say the very least

I got this campaign in order to write a review about the game (not only this, I have every expansion except the tanks) and you major problem is that all this content  never creates the war feeling that it can and should... not even in single player missions. Please make the final step and let all your hard work and dedication shine in an immersive campaign.

This is pretty exactly what I am musing about over and over again. I cant imagine that WW2 pilots were silent all the time, until they came close to the operational area. Didnt they do some chit chat to kill time or even calm their nerves? The career mode made a big step into the right way, to create a virtual pilot, who you can identify with. But scripted campaigns have a much bigger potential to create immersion based on characters.

Edited by PicksKing
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cotoi said:

1st. Please... PLEASE put a voice acting narrator in your mission - major flow

2nd. Pay more attention to characters, and try to make them more interesting, try to make us care for them 

3rd. You have so much content in the game, yet flying over a war zone you can't see no armies around. This is very bad mission making to say the very least

1) It's impossible in the current situation, I have neither the time nor the opportunities and the money to do such things.
2) I try, but briefings are of limited size and I can't put full-fledged stories there
3) I don't understand what you mean. In each mission there are dozens of convoys and trains, ground and tank fights, artillery batteries are firing, several groups of planes are performing their tasks, not related to yours. I'm always afraid that I'll overload the missions and they'll work slowly, as the number of active objects is now almost the limit

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, PicksKing said:

Didnt they do some chit chat to kill time or even calm their nerves? 

Not if they wanted to give away their intentions to the enemy, no. 

S!

Some German biographies mention the radio silence in practise was abysmal among Germans at times, at least in the Eastern front. Many books cite the radio being filled with chatter etc. I would guess that none of the AF´s were totally silent during flight. Sure they adhered to the silence order but there were for sure times chatter took over.

"Blazing Steppe" and "Sea Dragons" campaigns are now available in French thanks to Dominique Girouard

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think the 3.010 update reversed the red/blue front line markings on the map. Blue is now on the Soviet side and Red on the Axis side:

2019_2_8__13_19_49.jpg

Or has it always been this way in Blazing Steppe?

Edited by Juri_JS

Thanks, I know about this problem after last update, we're trying to fix it. The same problem is in the Sea Dragon campaign.

27 minutes ago, BlackSix said:

Thanks, I know about this problem after last update, we're trying to fix it. The same problem is in the Sea Dragon campaign.

It happens to all scripted campaigns actually.