Game version 2.011 discussion: Spitfire Mk.VB, Blazing Steppe, New graphics features

I installed the update last night to do some small check, and although i haven't flow the spit very long it's very nicely modeled indeed. I will do some real flying tonight. One thing i noticed was the improved draw distance for treas really helps!! Navigating is much easier now. And i have absolutely no performance decrease. Very nice update indeed.

Grt M 

Well, after two hours of sticktime on the Spitfire yesterday, I can honestly say, that I'm more than impressed. I have many of virtual flight hours on several Spitfires to compare. DCS's MkIX and CoD's MkI and MkII of course, but also Accusims Spitfire, which has set the benchmark in many aspects until now. Of course the mentioned other sims have those pretty Hi Res and clickable cockpits. But the overall feeling in this one is really second to none. I became kind of addicted within this two hours yesterday. I'm sitting here at work, thinking all the time about the great experience I had with the Spitfire just a few hours ago! :) I can't wait to fly her as soon as I am back at home. It has so much character and style and the special flight characteristics that she offers are hit spot on by the developers. Many thanks for this outstanding addition to the glorious BoX series. :)

• Upvote 3

Your tactic in the Bf 109 against the Spit should never be based on maneuverability in the first place. You need to beat it on sheer performance. In the G4 you are faster at most altitudes on combat power vs. his WEP and you climb waaaaay better.

The Spit is excellent, but in three key areas it is quite mediocre: Top speed, roll rate and climb rate. Use that to your advantage.

Spitfire's climb rate at 16lb is amazing!

Does the Spitfire fly exceptionally more smooth than every other plane, or is this the new flight model I'm enjoying?

I wondered about that too.  It's so smooth, I was checking my FPS to see if they'd doubled. 

Graphics card or graphics driver? Also check that you are not running the 'Ultra' preset and check if the 'Multiple GPU' option is set (should not).

Yes graphic drivers, presets is lowest. I had unmarked multiple gpu option, but after reboot of game it was marked again.

Yes graphic drivers, presets is lowest. I had unmarked multiple gpu option, but after reboot of game it was marked again.

This is exactly what I had until I updated my Nvidia drivers through the GeForce app thingy. After that the box was unchecked again and performance was back to normal. Everything on Ultra with the 970. Didn't even notice a performance drop with the increased render distance.

Just take notice that the adversaries of the Spitifre don`t know yet how to fight against it. Just give it a week and the tables will turn again.

Also, I have to agree that the plane is gorgeous to fight. Indeed, I think this is a good representation of the famous spitfire that was able to at least keep up a little against 109s

Nice plane..love it also if it will be my foe in multiplayer :-)

Spit fly very good..

Fighting yesterday aginst him in WOL and I'v to say spit can substain several burst on him...but a good burst on the wing root and he is gone..

Nice job devs...waiting for next patch and the review of all FM

Hi again the spitfire is a joy to fly but i was going to bring up a point that i hope will be looked at , the p40 she to slow and needs you to up her, a bit  more speed wise ,and it a shame to have her sitting there as a object, im sure a littie bit more speed which maybe not in the rules book but she too nicer of a plane to again be sitting there , flap can jam on the spitfire ?  but now that ive been flying her i hope you bring the rest of the planes in line with her, which i think 2:12 will do great stuff really , the problems ive had are at the to of a climb in the spitfire it not your normal im at the end of the line spin out ? the flaps are a art in it self ,but they can or will jam ?  im only saying  that cos i havent  had the flaps jam in other planes has it been put in or a bug ? i think you are addreseing the points i wont say eney more, it was once said a while back in old il2 forgotton battle days when the game 1st came out , and the saying was im i aloud this much fun ?

Decker

Edited by deckerrunner

Hi again the spitfire is a joy to fly but i was going to bring up a point that i hope will be looked at , the p40 she to slow and needs you to up her, a bit  more speed wise ,and it a shame to have her sitting there as a object, im sure a littie bit more speed which maybe not in the rules book but she too nicer of a plane to again be sitting there , flap can jam on the spitfire ?  but now that ive been flying her i hope you bring the rest of the planes in line with her, which i think 2:12 will do great stuff really , the problems ive had are at the to of a climb in the spitfire it not your normal im at the end of the line spin out ? the flaps are a art in it self ,but they can or will jam ?  im only saying  that cos i havent  had the flaps jam in other planes has it been put in or a bug ? i think you are addreseing the points i wont say eney more, it was once said a while back in old il2 forgotton battle days when the game 1st came out , and the saying was im i aloud this much fun ?

Decker

Hi,

Wait for the next patch (2.012). All the planes will get a reworked FM. This will also influence the P-40 your talking about. It will not change the engine limits, but will bring changes nonetheless. 

Grt M

I tested the update finally last night and everything goes fine. I have to make adjustments in my mapped keys to open the Spit water radiator but nothing too complicated. She flies nicely  :)  I went in multiplayer but was unable to find servers that have the Spit in their planeset. Perhaps today I will be more lucky!!

Edited by Tag777

I've got a problem ever since downloading 2.011.

When I click on "play" on the launcher screen I get the following two error messages:

"The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Re-installing the program may fix the problem"

and then

"The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Re-installing the program may fix the problem"

Can anyone out there help me?

Thanks.

When I click on "play" on the launcher screen I get the following two error messages:

"The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Re-installing the program may fix the problem"

and then

"The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Re-installing the program may fix the problem"

Thanks.

If you get an error about wrong DLL please open data\redist folder and run vc_redist.x64.exe manually (on some systems the updater doesn't have the rights to install it).

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

-snip-

the p40 she to slow and needs you to up her, a bit  more speed wise ,and it a shame to have her sitting there as a object, im sure a littie bit more speed which maybe not in the rules book

-snip-

Artificial buffs/balance don't happen here - they shouldn't - this is a combat flight simulator after all.

And don't take this the wrong way but a little punctuation/formatting would make your posts much easier to read.  :salute:

• 1CGS
Hotfix was just released:

1. SLI autodetection is switched off. If you don't have SLI and your FPS is too low even after updating the graphics driver, please make sure that the Multi-GPU option is unchecked in the game graphics options.

2. In Mission Editor, .List files saving is fixed. If you host an MP server and player had trouble connecting to it, please resave your MP mission using the new editor.

3. Spitfire gun fire now correctly illuminates it and its surroundings.

4. Ju-52 instruments are a bit less brighter during daytime.

• Upvote 12

Your tactic in the Bf 109 against the Spit should never be based on maneuverability in the first place. You need to beat it on sheer performance. In the G4 you are faster at most altitudes on combat power vs. his WEP and you climb waaaaay better.

The Spit is excellent, but in three key areas it is quite mediocre: Top speed, roll rate and climb rate. Use that to your advantage.

Mediocre roll when compared to the 190 A-3, but certainly not when compared to the Bf 109.  The Spit had better aileron authority than a 109.

and then

Thanks.

Check this thread if you are still having the problem.   https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/29950-unable-run-latest-version-because-vcruntime140dii-missing/

Tried just a bit the new version  : The 3DVISION is simply perfect !  I had to play a bit with convergence because my previous settings was making a weird image.

The sight of the spitfire is also perfect => The same MUST be done for the previous plane. There is a huge difference between this sight and the others: it is fully visible by the 2 eyes without strain and the depth seems right. 

• 1CGS

There is a huge difference between this sight and the others: it is fully visible by the 2 eyes without strain and the depth seems right. 

This is because it is much bigger and you 'look through' it with both eyes.

Thanks to those who helped me get the driver update. I managed to fly the spit and it is dreamy. It is quite the proper lady.  But I am having other problems now:

I can play in game (GTX 960) on pretty high settings and maintain a good framerate. However, in game I get black screens and driver crashes. The driver is 384.76. After looking online apparently this driver version is pretty trashy and a lot of people are complaining about it in general.

Anyone else having issues with the driver crashing?

Is it specific settings? I have the MuliGPU off and what not.

Also sometimes when I join a server and click on an AF, it will just load indefinitely and never transition to an option to edit plane settings/join game.

Im glad to see the increase of posting by new and/or not-so-loud-till-now forum members after spitfire release. Looks like she is a winner for the devs  :salute:

EDIT:

Хорошая работа Роман  :good:

Edited by Brano

Thanks to those who helped me get the driver update. I managed to fly the spit and it is dreamy. It is quite the proper lady.  But I am having other problems now:

I can play in game (GTX 960) on pretty high settings and maintain a good framerate. However, in game I get black screens and driver crashes. The driver is 384.76. After looking online apparently this driver version is pretty trashy and a lot of people are complaining about it in general.

Sounds like maybe a corrupt driver installation.

I would suggest downloading the latest driver for your video card and operating system from Nvidia.com

Uninstall your current driver with DDU ( Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode.

After rebooting , install the latest drivers - only installing the display driver and Phys-x. None of that other stuff, unless there is something you specifically really need. Definitely not GeForce Experience.

After installation is complete, go ahead and reboot again just for grins.

Also if you happen to use either Precision X or MSI Afterburner, go ahead an completely uninstall those along with any profiles just before you uninstall the driver with DDU.

After the clean install of the Nvidia driver, then install either Precision or Afterburner if desired.

Also if you are using Windows 10 , insure  that " Game Mode" is disabled for it.

Hope this helps,

• Upvote 1

Sounds like maybe a corrupt driver installation.

I would suggest downloading the latest driver for your video card and operating system from Nvidia.com

Uninstall your current driver with DDU ( Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode.

After rebooting , install the latest drivers - only installing the display driver and Phys-x. None of that other stuff, unless there is something you specifically really need. Definitely not GeForce Experience.

After installation is complete, go ahead and reboot again just for grins.

Also if you happen to use either Precision X or MSI Afterburner, go ahead an completely uninstall those along with any profiles just before you uninstall the driver with DDU.

After the clean install of the Nvidia driver, then install either Precision or Afterburner if desired.

Also if you are using Windows 10 , insure  that " Game Mode" is disabled for it.

Hope this helps,

I did a complete re-installation like you suggested and it worked. Very smooth, no crashing, hopefully it continues. Thanks for the help.

I did a complete re-installation like you suggested and it worked. Very smooth, no crashing, hopefully it continues. Thanks for the help.

:good: 

Good, hope it continues to remain stable for you.

Does anyone know about this 3d vision? It looks like some vr glasses for $150 is that right? Does it track your head?

no just 3D glasses is all it is. only works with 3D monitors 120hrz and above.

Edited by 71st_AH_Mastiff

Does anyone know about this 3d vision? It looks like some vr glasses for $150 is that right? Does it track your head?

Monitor need to support it plus you need glasses with transmitter (some monitor had it build in) 3D stero effect is great and you perceive it as high resolution image contrary to VR - low resolution. You can use any trackir, immersion is good better that 2d but not as VR.

Edited by 307_Tomcat