Han

Game version 2.011 discussion: Spitfire Mk.VB, Blazing Steppe, New graphics features

I have just flow circuit (an a couple of loops and rolls) in the Spitfire!  (Is the redout/blackout enhanced in this plane ;) or just me being a bit heavy handed? No need to answer that....)

The Stalingrad winter map worked for me - no doubt the glitch in the others will be OK soon.

It really is easy to fly. Now I need to figure out some of the details. Also the cockpit is so much easier to read.

Awesome work, devs.  This means a lot to us Brits and Commonwealth chaps.

• Upvote 1

If you get an error about wrong DLL please open data\redist folder and run vc_redist.x64.exe manually (on some systems the updater doesn't have the rights to install it).

Unable to open that folder wants to know what program to use?

Is it possible for someone to send me an open version I can use?

Actually both files in that "copies" folder are still showing as packed so I f someone could send the copies folder with both unpacked folder would that work?

Edited by pilotpierre

The Spit is gorgeous, love it!

Flew a quick mission in VR, very nice plane!

I crashed and burned during dogfight and was unable to cleanly exit the mission, had to force program to close through alt-tabbing out. Just had a blank screen for the mission results screen and nothing else. 

• Upvote 1

I'm guessing that Steam still doesn't have the update yet?

Nevermind...

Seems I have it now...

Edited by BlitzPig_EL

Guys, considering TacView support was added, is getting TacView worth it now for BoX?

Too late for me ! ;) I reinstalled the game before reading you...

did that work?

She is beautiful, congrats Dev team! Really glad I got Kuban 

08ca904c83deffe4acd8822353dcc3d7.png

9ff14043872f2a729fa7c40b158018c9.png

Edited by LF_ManuV
  • Upvote 1

I have just flow circuit (an a couple of loops and rolls) in the Spitfire!  (Is the redout/blackout enhanced in this plane ;) or just me being a bit heavy handed? No need to answer that....)

I don't think so, it can just pull insane amounts of Gs.

Guys, considering TacView support was added, is getting TacView worth it now for BoX?

Just try the free version first and you can decide if it's worth it.

I crashed and burned during dogfight and was unable to cleanly exit the mission, had to force program to close through alt-tabbing out. Just had a blank screen for the mission results screen and nothing else. 

The new dead is dead feature  ;)

Wow! It turns very well and seems to retain energy equally well while doing so. Exceeding my expectations. 

Oh my god!!!

this Spitfire is fantastic, amazing handling, aerobatics are a dream, very easy to take off and land, looks gorgeous and most of all...............no wobbling!!! 

looks great, sounds great, cockpit is beautifully familiar.

only one point to note so far, I can't find a way to fix radiator to quadrant axis, it works like the 110 with flap adjustment on keyboard keys.

sooo good!!!

only one point to note so far, I can't find a way to fix radiator to quadrant axis, it works like the 110 with flap adjustment on keyboard keys.

That's because the Mk. V had only 5 radiator positions.

Thanks.

The Spitifre has a radiator problem or are there new key to use them?! Oil is boiling in five seconds!

Are therenew key to bind?!  :salute: 

Loving the spit, as well as the blazing steppe. No technical problems whatsoever. Playing in VR so not turning on the new options for fear of going all chug-chugachug.

Thanks.

The Spitifre has a radiator problem or are there new key to use them?! Oil is boiling in five seconds!

Are therenew key to bind?!  :salute:

Oil control is automatic - says in the tech specs in game. So you need to take off to stop overheating and not run the engine too long on the ground.

As for the water radiator: I get that there are 5 positions, but I would still prefer to be able to use an axis on my Saitek to control this - after all the RL pilot does move a lever around an axis to get to the 5 positions, he does not have to press buttons (and squint at a keyboard to do it).

So far this is the only - and very minor - proposal I would have for a change, if it is possible.

Edit: problem with Moscow map is now gone, thanks Han for quick response.

Edited by unreasonable

Thanks.

Are therenew key to bind?! :salute:

You can't control oil radiator. Water has 5 positions and is controlled like on the Bf 110.

the Spitfire is very easy to fly , also thanks for the key binds for stations - better late than never i guess

Hi

I was happy to see the sales and i hope things went well, the spit will need de-buging, cannons runs out way to fast really ? ,the sounds are the best ive heard ,an im very happey with that , flaps need to be looked at and pitch is a bit strange, the flaps are makeing the plane spinout, it very fluffy , i think we all have seen the work your puting out and im sure were all happy for that, [she lovely]  and when you fix the problems with her, the spit will be a long awaited breath of fresh air,  your doing great i feel as if you had listened to things ive said wich pleased me as i mean well for all ,i will injoy mixing the german planes with the spit in qiuck mission, and waiting for the the new patch at the end of this mouth ?it will have to be more early that late me thinks, apart form that were flying high, and the sounds of the spit are great im again very happy you made the effert.

Mind ive gone back in to game and things seem a bit better all round, ? not sure if it was the game or the patch haveing  to blend in right with each other , the cannons again run out way to fast and i may be wrong were the flaps are, but the pitch seem to of salted it self out, but take note  on the pitch ,flaps and spining,as i think other will understand what ive said there ,it maybe that the game has to be kicked in 2 time before it all fits in rightly.                              

Decker                                                                                                      

Edited by deckerrunner

Oil control is automatic - says in the tech specs in game. So you need to take off to stop overheating and not run the engine too long on the ground.

As for the water radiator: I get that there are 5 positions, but I would still prefer to be able to use an axis on my Saitek to control this - after all the RL pilot does move a lever around an axis to get to the 5 positions, he does not have to press buttons (and squint at a keyboard to do it).

So far this is the only - and very minor - proposal I would have for a change, if it is possible.

Edit: problem with Moscow map is now gone, thanks Han for quick response.

I have it assigned to my X-52 throttle and it works.

• Upvote 1

This will be a long day until I come home from work.  :(

The runtime thing ran when I first started the game as well. Now I just have horrible frames when the mission starts for like 30 seconds or so. I tried turning graphics down and everything and no joy.

Also I only have one Graphics card and cant get the Multi GPU support checkbox unticked. Anyone else having performance issues like this?

Edited by 9./JG27DefaultFace

Spitfire arrives today, Crosswinds arrive today - farewell social life, I hardly knew ye.

VKB gunfighter arrived today and 25min later spit was released, and on a free day from work.....perfect timing!

Yes I have a similar issue Defaultface. Only getting up to 7 frames. :(

Just slowly downloading new graphics driver now to see if that helps.

The multi gpu box was ticked but i haven't checked if it stayed unticked.

Wow,

Got some more time in the Spit flying some quick missions. Able to take off and land the Spit ok, as expected with that narrow gear can be a little tricky upon first rolling out for takeoff and after first touching down upon landing. And I thoroughly enjoyed shooting down some 109's in her.

Absolutely incredible. And my VR performance is superb, even with the additonal grass quality setting on Ultra along with the Ultra Preset. 

What a fantastic update!

I have it assigned to my X-52 throttle and it works.

Thanks for info - I will try reassigning it.

Hi Pail,

Yes just did that myself. Both the Checkbox for the Multi GPU stuff as well as the poor frames are gone. The day is saved! lol :P

The runtime thing ran when I first started the game as well. Now I just have horrible frames when the mission starts for like 30 seconds or so. I tried turning graphics down and everything and no joy.

Also I only have one Graphics card and cant get the Multi GPU support checkbox unticked. Anyone else having performance issues like this?

Yep! No run time error but shocking frame rate,  Re installing now. :(

Really pleased with the Spit, lovely handling and harmonisation! Stall seems very accurate to what I have read and the way it flies again feels very authentic compared to what I have read over the years... Fantastic stuff again guys, thank you!

Yep! No run time error but shocking frame rate,  Re installing now.

Installing the new graphics driver helped 9./JG27DefaultFace with this problem.

A big 'thank you' to the Devs for this patch :)
I've only had a quick go with the Vb and on the Moscow map but so far so good. I was slightly concerned about how the sensitive elevators would translate to using a simple desktop joystick but it has worked great and the Spit flies like I think she should; a joy in the air, a bit awkward on the ground and landing is a bit tricky but nothing practice can't cure.

If you get an error about wrong DLL please open data\redist folder and run vc_redist.x64.exe manually (on some systems the updater doesn't have the rights to install it).

That worked a treat for me, thank you.

Hi

I was happy to see the sales and i hope things went well, the spit will need de-buging, cannons runs out way to fast really ? ,the sounds are the best ive heard ,an im very happey with that , flaps need to be looked at and pitch is a bit strange, the flaps are makeing the plane spinout, it very fluffy 

Hi Decker,  Spit Vb has cannon installation with 60 round drum for each gun so not a lot of firing time - around six seconds worth.  Spinning out with flaps?

Spitfire flaps are for landing only.  Nothing else.

Good luck :salute:

Yeah the graphics driver was the issue. It seems to be all fine again.

Had my first couple of flights with the Spitfire and combat too. First impressions are that the Spitfire is an exceptional fighter with relatively easy handling and a fantastic turn rate. An enemy AI Bf109 tried to get into a turn fight with me and I handily beat him. It has just enough speed to keep up in combat but I'm sure against human players it will feel a little slower. Still... the guns hit hard, the visibility is superb, and once you get used to its quirks the Spitfire will be a highly competitive if not fan-favourite fighter to fly. Its not the highest performing from the seat of the pants feel (we'd need a Spitfire IX for that) but the handling is just so intuitive. This is the first time I've understood what pilots said about the Spitfire just doing what they were thinking they wanted to do.

More user screenshots pls!!

Done! https://stormbirds.wordpress.com/2017/07/06/il-2-update-2-011-the-spitfire-has-arrived/