Sign in to follow this  
AwesomeSprawvy

Command Take Off Issue and Question

Hello all.  First and foremost, huge thank you to JimTM for putting together the manual for the mission editor.  It was something I was hesitant to delve into, but I recently wanted to do something slightly more involved than the QMB could offer.  Reading through that manual helped quite a bit!

With that said, I have a question about the spawn trigger, a flight of aircraft, and the Command Take off MCU.  My test mission consists of 2 P-40s (1 being the player) and a flight of 3 AI IL2s that are linked.  I have it set that the IL2s spawn after my wingman takes off and then the Command Take Off MCU fires after a 5 second delay.  Unfortunately, only one of the IL2s take off and the other 2 remain on the runway.  I tried giving the command to each of the IL2s, but then only the main IL2 follows the waypoints to the target and the other two take off and fly laps around the airfield.  I've attached my mission files for review and thank you all for any assistance!

Test_Mission.zip

Salutations.

You may have to link as objects all the planes in the IL2 formation, not just the leader.

That includes all subsequent waypoints and route commands.

• Upvote 1

Hello all.  First and foremost, huge thank you to JimTM for putting together the manual for the mission editor.  It was something I was hesitant to delve into, but I recently wanted to do something slightly more involved than the QMB could offer.  Reading through that manual helped quite a bit!

With that said, I have a question about the spawn trigger, a flight of aircraft, and the Command Take off MCU.  My test mission consists of 2 P-40s (1 being the player) and a flight of 3 AI IL2s that are linked.  I have it set that the IL2s spawn after my wingman takes off and then the Command Take Off MCU fires after a 5 second delay.  Unfortunately, only one of the IL2s take off and the other 2 remain on the runway.  I tried giving the command to each of the IL2s, but then only the main IL2 follows the waypoints to the target and the other two take off and fly laps around the airfield.  I've attached my mission files for review and thank you all for any assistance!

You're welcome AwesomeSprawvy. I'm glad you're finding the manual useful.

The link in Gambit's post above covers the situation pretty well.

Thank you all for the quick replies and discussion link!  So we just need to be a bit creative when utilizing the spawn trigger and groups of aircraft.  Good to know! :salute: