Sign in to follow this  
HAWKEYES007

How about aircraft crash smoke?

Hi! Developers. I have a suggestion about Aircraft crash smoke,it can make more atmosphere of war, this feature already in WAR THUNDER and even ten yeas ago IL-2 1946. so I wish aircraft crash smoke can be add in update of future. Sorry for my poor English and thank you for all you do.

post-87457-65203_thumb.jpg

post-87457-0-38864700-1496665082_thumb.jpg

Edited by HAWKEYES007

There is already smoke when you crash.

It has a timer of like 10 seconds as the Graphics load with 5-10 plane crashes all burning near you would be too high and most people only would get 10-15fps or something silly.

War thunder can get away with it easily as the smoke effects and effects in general are very basic and very thin

Nah, they have tech for permanent big black smokes - just fire up qmb near Stalingrad city with max numbers of AI airplanes - zero issues with the performance. This can be done ,but it needs resources which are utilized in more important task now.

Edited by 307_Tomcat

on WOL Some AF would be super slow.

Your look over a 2 hours mission about 20-30 wrecked russians on LW Airfield as they have been vulching

So like now?
Every plane crash creates smoke plume that lasts about 10 seconds.(generated, then add time for it to vanish)

Long enough for immersion but not too long to effect performance and game stability over a long mission.

Looking for the dev post about this where they said they tuned the smoke effect to 10sec as this was a good balance of immersion and long term performance and memory management & that they had no plans to change this at the moment.

Finding the post would be great as it mutes the entire post with ("We have no intention to change this right now")