Jump to content
Bullets

Hawker Hurricane: Collector Plane??

Hawker Hurricane: Collector Plane  

492 members have voted

  1. 1. Would you like the Hawker Hurricane to be added as a Collector Plane

    • Yes
      424
    • No
      68


Recommended Posts

Hurricane collector...mumble mumble🤓

Possibly  could fit in scenario like:

Moscow

Burma

Malta

Africa and England 1940 no because developed already by TFusion..

 

So other scenario?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ITAF_Rani said:

Hurricane collector...mumble mumble🤓

Possibly  could fit in scenario like:

Moscow

Burma

Malta

Africa and England 1940 no because developed already by TFusion..

 

So other scenario?

 

They were quite numerous around the Leningrad front. If they put out a map for that it would expand the Eastern Front situation pretty well without really having to develop an entire 'chapter' of Il-2 around it. Collector maps, anyone? Not sure if its economical for them to do it this way, but in their work on the BoBP map they have said that they have developed new tools to accelerate map production. Maybe we will see things like that in the future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

They were quite numerous around the Leningrad front. If they put out a map for that it would expand the Eastern Front situation pretty well without really having to develop an entire 'chapter' of Il-2 around it. Collector maps, anyone? Not sure if its economical for them to do it this way, but in their work on the BoBP map they have said that they have developed new tools to accelerate map production. Maybe we will see things like that in the future?

A Leningrad/Karelia map is already being worked on by a 3rd party team.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Juri_JS said:

A Leningrad/Karelia map is already being worked on by a 3rd party team.

That's great to hear! I had seen mentions of things like that but didn't know if it was true or if it was still going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

They were quite numerous around the Leningrad front. If they put out a map for that it would expand the Eastern Front situation pretty well without really having to develop an entire 'chapter' of Il-2 around it. Collector maps, anyone? Not sure if its economical for them to do it this way, but in their work on the BoBP map they have said that they have developed new tools to accelerate map production. Maybe we will see things like that in the future?

 

Stalingrad is also a historically relevant map for the Hurricane. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LukeFF said:

 

Stalingrad is also a historically relevant map for the Hurricane. 

I’d fly the hurricane around the moon if they let me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Hurricane is truly to be one of the next Premium airplanes, I'll be a little disappointed to be honest. If it were an add on to an earlier BoB map or North Africa, it would make more sense to me but as that seems out of the question at this time that doesn't seem likely. No matter if it flew for the Soviet Air Force, it isn't a plane I think of as instrumental to their success or one that would really catch the eye of the typical member of the Russian forum. I''m still holding out hope for a Mosquito. There seems to be so many other choices out there. Ones that would be real money makers for the developers.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

This is a shocking development as the Hurricane is fugly and really not very good.  It was fine in the BoB as it was up against mostly bombers and the occasional 109.

 

The worst thing about all of this is that if I avoid buying it my squad mates will bloody well gift it to me just to get me into it.

 

Bah

 

von Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rjel said:

If the Hurricane is truly to be one of the next Premium airplanes, I'll be a little disappointed to be honest. If it were an add on to an earlier BoB map or North Africa, it would make more sense to me but as that seems out of the question at this time that doesn't seem likely. No matter if it flew for the Soviet Air Force, it isn't a plane I think of as instrumental to their success or one that would really catch the eye of the typical member of the Russian forum. I''m still holding out hope for a Mosquito. There seems to be so many other choices out there. Ones that would be real money makers for the developers.

I suspect a lot of those moneymakers are going to come eventually in the next plane lineup for the next chapter. Hurricane has been demanded for years and the devs have talked about filling out the Eastern Front planeset a bit. If the devs are doing another western front operation for the next title, a lot of the premium planes people want are on the table as main line aircraft - Typhoon, Mosquito, earlier P-47s and P-51s...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

416 to 65, it kind of shows that just people in these forums alone want the Hurricane... for the devs it's a no brainer.

There are many people that play these games that love being the underdog... that relish the better airmanship needed to defeat an enemy in a superior aircraft.

There are also many that simply love that aircraft.

For all those in the negative... If you don't like it don't buy the bloody thing, it's not rocket science.

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

I suspect a lot of those moneymakers are going to come eventually in the next plane lineup for the next chapter. Hurricane has been demanded for years and the devs have talked about filling out the Eastern Front planeset a bit. If the devs are doing another western front operation for the next title, a lot of the premium planes people want are on the table as main line aircraft - Typhoon, Mosquito, earlier P-47s and P-51s...

 

17 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

416 to 65, it kind of shows that just people in these forums alone want the Hurricane... for the devs it's a no brainer.

There are many people that play these games that love being the underdog... that relish the better airmanship needed to defeat an enemy in a superior aircraft.

There are also many that simply love that aircraft.

For all those in the negative... If you don't like it don't buy the bloody thing, it's not rocket science.

 

I'm one of those who doesn't see it as a necessity. I'd look for other Soviet aircraft if filling out the Eastern Front is a priority. As to not buying the bloody thing, isn't the purpose of a poll to find out what people want to see? Or isn't that a rocket science either???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

416 to 65, it kind of shows that just people in these forums alone want the Hurricane...

 

 

These polls are mostly useless.  People tend to vote yes for everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Rjel said:

 

I'm one of those who doesn't see it as a necessity. I'd look for other Soviet aircraft if filling out the Eastern Front is a priority. As to not buying the bloody thing, isn't the purpose of a poll to find out what people want to see? Or isn't that a rocket science either???

Well, its clearly not a necessity. That's why its a collector plane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

Well, its clearly not a necessity. That's why its a collector plane. 

I've been as supportive of this series as anyone. If they want to release a Hurricane, great. It wouldn't be my first choice. Or second or third. But that's just me. You and Trooper are taking what I say far too seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rjel said:

I've been as supportive of this series as anyone. If they want to release a Hurricane, great. It wouldn't be my first choice. Or second or third. But that's just me. You and Trooper are taking what I say far too seriously.

We're just talking on the Internet, I'm not taking much of anything too seriously. I'm sorry if what I said seemed hostile, it wasn't my intent. I think the rationale is there for the Hurricane but there's certainly room to disagree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, [_FLAPS_]Diggun said:

Looks pretty necessary if you ask me 😛

Reid's War 2 - Battle of Britain Aviation Art Print by Neil Hipkiss - 600web.jpg

I see it as a luxury, cuz I'm going to bask in the glow like I'm at a spa.

/hopefully not the glow from the burning unshielded fuel tank behind the dash.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

 

People tend to vote yes for everything.

Maybe because those people really want what they voted for and would buy as soon as there's a preorder button?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2019 at 7:18 PM, Juri_JS said:

A Leningrad/Karelia map is already being worked on by a 3rd party team.

There is also a summer map for vielki luki and an Odessa map being worked on for a few years now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2019 at 10:41 AM, Atlasapl said:

I would love to see the Hurricane in IL2 as a collector plane. As long as the MC.200 is added at the same time.

THIS THIS THIS THIS!
Would be the perfect matchup. More even so since the Macchi 200 had a interesting tour of duty on the Eastern Front 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Arthur-A said:

Maybe because those people really want what they voted for and would buy as soon as there's a preorder button?

They don't need polls to let them know we'll buy anything that they make.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why isn't the "F" isn't this plane for the RED side? All lend-lease aircraft should be in the game for the RED side. Can I get an Amen? :music:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

They don't need polls to let them know we'll buy anything that they make.

What do they need polls for then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Arthur-A said:

What do they need polls for then?

 

They don't.  At least not for aircraft.  What's the point if almost every aircraft polled gets an overwhelming yes vote?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It works better when they do an actual pole like for the 202 vs Iar80. You can't just put a pole with "do you want _____ plane? Yes or no" You have to put, do you want this OR that. Then it is more useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2019 at 7:18 PM, Juri_JS said:

A Leningrad/Karelia map is already being worked on by a 3rd party team.

 

On 9/4/2019 at 7:26 PM, RedKestrel said:

That's great to hear! I had seen mentions of things like that but didn't know if it was true or if it was still going on.

 

Have a look here for the latest info:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/37961-il-2-battle-of-finland/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-816301

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...