Han

Developer Diary, Part 160 - Discussion

Same for me as well. I would have been looking for British skins for the Spitfire anyway, so I'm very pleased I have choice from the start.

The question is not whether there should be British/American official skins, of course there should. The issue is having only a single historical and one generic skin for the theater the Spit is actually released for.

I really thought all of the other cool stuff in the DD would've been the main focus of discussion. This has been a weird DD week.

Pretty much everyone who has brought up the skins have started out by praising the Spitfire model and expressing excitement about the other news as well. The scarcity of theater-appropriate skins is a minor hair in the soup, but it is still a hair in the soup and therefore worth pointing out.

In any case, Jason has said, that they are willing to research to get a couple of extra Soviet skins squeezed in, which should satisfy everyone, so there really is no issue.

• Upvote 1

I really thought all of the other cool stuff in the DD would've been the main focus of discussion. This has been a weird DD week.

May be my completely unintended fault.

I, for one, am looking forward to having no clue how to operate the Spitfire.

• Upvote 1

Nice U boot.

And what if it were playable as for tanks ??? :rolleyes:

I was wondering this for PT boats, when we get them.

Guys stop flame about Spitfire`s skins please. Im sure that players will make billion skins on Spit - with red stars too. 

Have a nice day.

EDIT: Heh Mr. Williams was faster for some few seconds.

Yeah like me =o)

Some Soviet Mk.Vb paint schemes, some are the same though.

post-22625-0-30435500-1496445319_thumb.jpgpost-22625-0-90769700-1496445344_thumb.jpgpost-22625-0-28872000-1496445356_thumb.jpgpost-22625-0-09607000-1496445371_thumb.jpgpost-22625-0-81281200-1496445422_thumb.jpgpost-22625-0-95205400-1496445431_thumb.jpgpost-22625-0-27173600-1496445439_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I did tons of skins back in the day that I posted on IL2 Skins, lots of historical skins, but also quite a few non-historical ones (but based on existing squadrons).

I wish I still had shots of some of them, but in short, the non-historical skins were at least as popular as the actual historical ones.

Guys want cool looking, historically plausible paint jobs...it's really as simple as that.

I'm willing to bet that if I have enough time to make a nice, weathered shark-mouth Spit, or a skin based on one of the more interesting Lavochkin skins it would get downloaded a-plenty.

Something like the paint job on the Hurricane below would look good on a spit too.

I don't blame the devs for sticking with historical skins...that's a smart move and is it keeping with the established theme and integrity of the product.

But if I get around to it again for this new IL2, I'm gong to have a little bit of fun.

Anyone who has a problem with "this squadron didn't fly Spits, or wasn't in Kuban etc etc) doesn't have to download it.

Shark mouth/grey cammo would be first, then something like below.

When the Zeke comes I'll MAKE time to skin, but I'll do my best to get a few cranked out for Kuban...just depending life and other crap.

82e0b9853256a9a872798590e28bc623.jpg

Edited by Gambit21
  • Upvote 2

Russian grey on grey cammo, red or white numbers, some kills markings with this shark mouth...I mean come on.

That's MEAN!

2119e2790c0f4fe84984830db83d4e21.jpg

• Upvote 1

That is a awesome good looking Hurricane skin you posted there Gambit21 :cool: . Makes me really want to have the Hurricane in the sim.

As far as I know the paint scheme I posted above, should be real paints and not fantasy. But yeah, it is difficult to find Soviet Spitfire paints.

Russian grey on grey cammo, red or white numbers, some kills markings with this shark mouth...I mean come on.

That's MEAN!

2119e2790c0f4fe84984830db83d4e21.jpg

3/4 scale, V8 powered Spit. I considered this homebuilt before settling on the V8 Titan T-51 Mustang. I still have to decide on the D vs B model before signing the contract.

oooooo boy don't even get me thinking about a hurricane in this sim  :o:  :wacko:

I love the good ol' crap planes. Bring on that ugly Hurry.

Edited by Finkeren

Despite all the frustration here: The spit looks great! The submarine too! Good job! More VVS skins will of course be greatly appreciated.

Same for me as well. I would have been looking for British skins for the Spitfire anyway, so I'm very pleased I have choice from the start.

+1

I find VVS skins pretty boring with some exceptions.

I find the grey on grey cammo, red and white number color combination appealing.

They green ones and most of the white ones do nothing for me.

3/4 scale, V8 powered Spit. I considered this homebuilt before settling on the V8 Titan T-51 Mustang. I still have to decide on the D vs B model before signing the contract.

I'm surprised you didn't go for the 190 - or maybe the one's I'm thinking of are full scale?

My vote would be B.

Flugwerk is full scale and about 500k all up. Jurca is plans only (75, 90 or full) and plywood - not my cupatea. I'd love a Wulf, A or D but alas nothing on the market.

Titan has vey docile manners at low speed and can hustle at just under 190 knots which will probably increase with the new V8 installation testing.

I'm not quite sure I understand what the effect of FM changes on the rudder will be.  Is it anticipated that there will be less roll-coupling, or something?  Some have complained of a certain wobbliness in BF-109F and G models:  Will FM changes make these aircraft slightly more stable in certain circumstances?

Edited by Iceworm

I'm not quite sure I understand what the effect of FM changes on the rudder will be.  Is it anticipated that there will be less roll-coupling, or something?  Some have complained of a certain wobbliness in BF-109F and G models:  Will FM changes make these aircraft slightly more stable in certain circumstances?

Somewhat less roll from rudder action is how I understand it. But that may also have an impact on stability with some aircraft improving it slightly.

It's a global flight model change but it requires each plane get an FM update for it to all work properly. This is why its taking some time to arrive.

Was in a Works bookshop the other day & picked up this bargain book.

Whether it improves my flying is yet to be seen once the spitfire is released.

post-2834-0-82722500-1496595926_thumb.jpg

Edited by fergal69

I suspect all Bf 109s to finally roll as they should, next patch.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

Han...can we have any update on the dynamic campaign or has nothing started on this yet? I know the timeline but I'm guessing things must have started on this by now..

Han...can we have any update on the dynamic campaign or has nothing started on this yet? I know the timeline but I'm guessing things must have started on this by now..

I think you're thinking of the new Career mode? It's not a dynamic campaign per say but it is a mission/campaign generator with pilot persistence.

He mentioned it in the update:

The base of the new Career mode is already there: almost all the historical texts are ready as well as squadron insignias, we're working on the cutscenes. Its internal elements - GUI and mission generator patterns - are being filled with content.

Very nice skins indeed !

Jason could we please have a pic of the left side of Cdt. Dupérier Spit.Vb . He had a Walt Disney D.Duck painted on and for Operation Ruther, with the cowling wearing white stripes the tailplanes and elevators should normally also be provided with. 

Nice job , please keep going ....

Madcop

I shall wait until I can judge on my own pc but how more I look on the upper nose of the Spitfire MK V pictures in this article how more I have a feel of something wrong with it!

But otherwise this is a great plane a littler outclassed in 1943 but still with a fighting chance. Thanks to you the development team.  :salute: 

Edited by senseispcc

Just updated and got coloured sprinkles but only on the front menu - in subsequent menus and missions it seems fine.

Anyone esle?

(RX 480, latests drivers)

Very happy thank you Dev's.

You've given the Battle of Britainners skins to play with, Soviet era skins for the purists, I'm happy with all the new. Although the Spit is dear to the Brit's because of the B of B, and it served us through the war and beyond. However I understand it wasn't considered robust enough for the conditions on the eastern front.

That U-boat looks brilliant too.

THANK YOU