Pacific Theatre Kickstart - Giveaways

Hi Everyone.

In the spirit of BoX and as a thanks to the people that have produced this piece of art I would like to show my gratitude to something that brings me soooo much fun and new friends from all over the globe. I propose that instead of waiting to donate to the devs to aid the future of our niche genre we just buy add-ons and planes and donate them to new people that want/need new stuff. That way you give someone something they can use as well as bring revenue to the devs/producers so they can keep going. The content/product is already there so lets just use it to boost the devs.

There are already quite a few guys that donate stuff this so lets just make it official so we can boost this game and keep it alive forever. Lets keep it as a topic so we can see how many products we can donate and try tally it up. 

Those who are donating.....Remember to buy direct from the IL2 SHOP because Steam takes a cut and thats obviously no good for our cause. 

I don't fly single player much at all so I will start this by donating a YAK-1B to someone that needs/wants it.

Edited by JG19_DendroAspis
  • Upvote 11

I admire the spirit of the people that have given keys away but as most of humanity seems to be geared towards "what can I get for free", which is a huge shame, it might be better if the Devs made a kick starter fund for a certain a/c or map that doesn't already exist in game that we can then donate to. I would happily do that instead.

Its a shame though, this was a very good idea.

humans, what can you do huh ?

• Upvote 1

I unexpectedly recently received a Yak 1b in a recent times, so I'll count myself out of any future giveaway.

But, whilst its great for those of us with a few extra pennies to be able to gift us less fortunate with prezzies, i do wonder if the give away could be done in a more altruistic way? (from the point of the receiver)

Perhaps nominate another user to receive a gift rather than one's self?

perhaps give reasoning behind the nomination?

This would be a little less, "me,me,me" and would possibly promote more useful participation in the community as a whole?

Just a thought!

L

• Upvote 1

I admire the spirit of the people that have given keys away but as most of humanity seems to be geared towards "what can I get for free", which is a huge shame, it might be better if the Devs made a kick starter fund for a certain a/c or map that doesn't already exist in game that we can then donate to. I would happily do that instead.

Its a shame though, this was a very good idea.

I suspect the Devs would much rather us help to increase sales, by spreading the word everywhere we can. Help to keep their player base growing, rather than stagnant or worse. Giving extra revenue is nice by doing things such as gifting, but I am sure what they need more than anything is growing sales that come from increasing their customer base. 

I know I have certainly been talking the sim up everywhere I can, just need to keep it going and help get them the publicity they need to keep growing. You would be surprised by how much word of mouth from us can do to help a particular game continue to grow. 

oh late again, but when there's another Yak 1b to give, i will a good taker, as soon as my economical situation gets better i will host another giveaways, as for now i can only take

I was gifted a plane in RoF for knowing an obscure fact about Lenin. So rather than straight 'I'm giving this, who wants it?' giveaways how about the donors setting a puzzle or similar to make the recipients put a bit of thought into obtaining it?

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

I am not too fazed about who gets what or who demands whatever, the basic idea of the post is to get funds channeled toward 777/1C to keep the game going and to eventually have what will far outreach the expanses of the original IL2. This is an exceptional product and it gives a lot of people a lot of joy and is in my opinion probably the best immersion of a flight simulator/game that there is.

Don't overthink it guys.... just buy a key and give it to someone or even use it for yourself..... the idea was/is to push dollars towards the devs/producers to fund them.

People will come and I am sure a lot of undecided folk from the US will jump at it once their favourite fighters are battling the skies of the pacific and maybe later western Europe or Malta or Med or Africa. If we recruit, support and donate, things will happen.

So far we have only 2 donations/purchases from this.... who is going to throw dollars at a BoX to donate for someone else or simply as a hard earned gift to themselves???? C'mon guys, its for a good cause.   

I was gifted a plane in RoF for knowing an obscure fact about Lenin. So rather than straight 'I'm giving this, who wants it?' giveaways how about the donors setting a puzzle or similar to make the recipients put a bit of thought into obtaining it?

Cheers.

Gunsmith did this with a "What model of 20mm is this?" giveaway thread.

It was good fun seeing what people came up with and a nice little challenge.