Photo

Unbalanced Servers

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#81 Disarray

Disarray

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:34

CUJO, what are you talking about? I just got off a server, WOL, that was flying 5 to 19 in favor of the German side (that is nearly 4 to 1 for those keeping score at home) and that has been the trend over the last few days following the Spitfire's release. Adding one plane on some of the maps isn't fixing anything, even when the Spit is available the numbers run about the same as they were before it came out in my experience. The only things that will fix this, in so far as I can see, is either more German players suck it up and play for the other team or servers start forcing people to play on the other team. That is it. There is no magic bullet for this one that will solve the problem without any changes among the players.

#82 =TBAS=Tripwire

=TBAS=Tripwire
  • Founder

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:15

CUJO was referring to Official Normal server just as he stated in his post.

I assume that server has the Spitfire available 100% of the time vs WOL only having the Spitfire appear on maps where it is suited.

Ive seen the Spitfire appear twice on WOL since the release and I fly most nights in my timezone.

Are you still seeing low numbers on WOL in your timezone even when the Spitfire is available on the map?

i7-7700k @ 4.8 | 16GB RAM | GTX1080ti | M2 SSD | TrackIR4 | HTC Vive | MSFFB2 + Joytokey | MFG Crosswind Pedals

#83 JAGER_Staiger

JAGER_Staiger
  • Founder

Posted 13 July 2017 - 16:32

Last time I flied on WoL the russian team was outnumbering the german one, but only on maps that the spit was available. When there was no spits, the germans were outnumbering the russians.

#84 Disarray

Disarray

Posted 13 July 2017 - 16:34

The last time the Spitfire was available on WOL when I was on there were about 40 people on the server, most were German players.

#85 =TBAS=Tripwire

=TBAS=Tripwire
  • Founder

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:59

The last time the Spitfire was available on WOL when I was on there were about 40 people on the server, most were German players.

http://il2stat.avias...n/mission/7689/

That mission you flew a Spitfire, mission ran for 3 hours total and had 21 hours of allied pilot flight time, 21 hours axis. Perhaps just the duration of your 3 flights on that map were unbalanced against allied, then swung back the other way in your absence.

i7-7700k @ 4.8 | 16GB RAM | GTX1080ti | M2 SSD | TrackIR4 | HTC Vive | MSFFB2 + Joytokey | MFG Crosswind Pedals

#86 CUJO1970

CUJO1970
  • Founder

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:21

LOL

#87 VeryOldMan

VeryOldMan
  • Founder

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:47

The people that say that  the cause is the lack of  US planes will  feel a tripled problem when pacific thather arrives. It will be just like back at IL2: Pacific Fighters time..  everyone go toUS  team .. the Niponic team...  completely  empty. 

The only scenario that woudl be more or less balanced  is the least explored up to day..  Mediterranean theater ...

#88 I./ZG1_Martijnvdm

I./ZG1_Martijnvdm
  • Founder

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:00

The people that say that  the cause is the lack of  US planes will  feel a tripled problem when pacific thather arrives. It will be just like back at IL2: Pacific Fighters time..  everyone go toUS  team .. the Niponic team...  completely  empty. 

The only scenario that woudl be more or less balanced  is the least explored up to day..  Mediterranean theater ...

Maybe a weird question, but how big is the Japanese flightsim market? You would think that there where quit some Japanese simmers willing to jump in something like Il-2 Battle of Midway?...

Grt M

I7 4790K@4.7 GHz, MSI Z97 Gaming 5, Kingston HyperX Beast (t3) 16GB, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X, Dell S2716DG, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, Windows 10 64

#89 VeryOldMan

VeryOldMan
  • Founder

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:52

Maybe a weird question, but how big is the Japanese flightsim market? You would think that there where quit some Japanese simmers willing to jump in something like Il-2 Battle of Midway?...

Grt M

The only sample I can remember is from Pacific Fighters time.. but i think it is NOT large. In fact  i do not even remember a single Japanese member in the old Il2 forums.  Japanese are not taught to be  proud of their WW2 participation... so.. the result is nowhere near the same as in US. Their  history proud focus is   deeper behind in time.

At the end, back on the days the japanese  were the  side with less people flying, by FAR..  and when I  say by far I meant less than a third of what we got with Russian planes.

#90 -=PHX=-SuperEtendard

-=PHX=-SuperEtendard

Posted 17 July 2017 - 16:13

From my experience in the late days of IL-2 1946 (around 3 years ago for example), at least in servers like Battlefields 1 and Skies of Valor the Pacific scenario didn't change the trend in comparison to the other ones. Generally blue players flew Japanese and red players flew US, maybe some names switched here and there but it wasn't totally the opposite as seems like it happened back in the old days of Pacific Fighters by the words of long time players.

#91 JG27_Kornezov

JG27_Kornezov

Posted 17 July 2017 - 16:58

On the other hand being outnumbered the Red side won every single months from the last April. Back there according to the data, Mr.X flew for the blue side until complete exhaustion killing red players in amazingly big numbers. The whole blue side on Wings of liberty is maintained by  very few dedicated pilots.

Interesting video:

youtube.com/watch?v=vOjpPlCTQis

One point is very important. Even if the Germans have a ratio of 2:1 or even 3:1. You can bet that this excess is flying at 6 000 m, doing nothing, and being completely useless to their team.

You have twice the probability to meet a newby german pilot, than a VVS pilot. The reason is that the planes on the German side have a much steep learning curve (especially FW190).(This last statement is arguable but I see things like that)

By the way on the EU normal server there is established an automatic balance.

Edited by JG27_Kornezov, 17 July 2017 - 17:01.

You need to be a lucky genius to get the FM completely right. And even then some ignorants will complain. However developers should never forget that the cannon fodder supply is not unlimited and people just quit.

#92 216th_LuseKofte

216th_LuseKofte
  • Founder

Posted 17 July 2017 - 17:32

Well, that video had some good points, I am not the right guy comparing Russian planes with Axis. But the two I have in mind I found excellent, Latest one was the MC 202 and it really really really was a positive experience. Everybody talk about the Spit, But the MC 202 was really surprising me. 

The FW 190 boy , I think you get to be very out of luck flying fighter bomber with these two and getting shot down. Of course I do not know what I am talking about, I love the Stuka, but for ground missions effectiveness I would choose FW 190 and MC 202. I think you can wipe a map with only those two, with very little cost

#93 CUJO1970

CUJO1970
  • Founder

Posted 17 July 2017 - 20:38

By the way on the EU normal server there is established an automatic balance.

On this server 1CGS Normal DED is where I fly - server logic is set up so that even when blue team is outnumbered you still can't join :)

Maybe it's a bug, but there is no way for red to be outnumbered here unless a lot of red side players log off during a map.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users