Jason_Williams

Developer Diary, Part 159 - Discussion

Well, I've been buying almost all your have, and will buy the missing parts soon, but why don start a kickstarter or go fund me, in that way we Gan send a few bucks time and again, or at least I would. I mean, this is The sim.

Maybe a "Kick Starter" Campaign could be considered to get the ball rolling,A few incentives like extra aircraft/t-shirt/ IL*2 stickers could create a Buzz in The Community,

I will be in line to pre-order whenever a Pacific Product is offered.

Thank You for keeping this great series alive and Cheers to a long,long IL*2 Life

I think that a WWII CFS kickstsrter will trigger a lot of people after the DCS fiasco.

Im afraid i cant help much finding technical documents, but i would gladly test anything if you need me to.

Also you have my support for all future preorders.

There are some flyable Japanese airplanes owned by some museums.

http://planesoffame.org/index.php?mact=staircraft,cntnt01,default,0&cntnt01alias=A6M5&cntnt01returnid=232

http://www.flyingheritage.com/Explore/The-Collection/Japan/Nakajima-Ki-43-Hayabusa-(Oscar).aspx

Interview those pilots/museums for data and plane characteristics. knowing the aviation community I bet they will be willing to help.

Thanks for the update Jason. I'll pick up the two scripted campaigns and JU52 when I get a job :)

Albino

Now that's the spirit! Hehehe
  • Upvote 1

I've been looking at the same pictures and came to my different conclusion. Like I said, the Revi should be at eye level. It doesn't appear to be on the screenshots. Could be a matter of perspective, but better safe than sorry.

http://orig03.deviantart.net/1640/f/2015/090/2/b/bbbb_by_swirekster-d8nwzyq.png

At least this romanian pilot appears to sit as high and forward in the 129 as the one in the screenshot.

Excellent work Jason and Devs, I'll try to help with the research but japanese sources are very tricky...

Edited by NachtJaeger110

Jason and crew you guys have done such outstanding work that it should be reflected in increased sales. I truly hope that is the case and I will continue to promote this product to my simming buddies as often as I can. We all believe in you people and your vision for this simulation. I will review the thread referenced and if I can possibly assist in any way I will. Thanks for the update and have a great weekend.

Привет Premièrement un grand merci à tout ce que vos faites pour cette simulation grandiose, pour les navires et les avions japonais ce que je sais c'est qui misait énormément sur l'attaque et la puissance de feux au dépit de la durabilité face à des coups de feu, bateaux et avions pouvaient prendre feux facilement service incendies peut fiable sur les navires, avion peut résistant au niveau des réservoirs facilement inflammables les Japonaises mises sur l'attaque comme au temps des samouraïs frappés vite et fort son la devise bien sûr cela n'ais pas une preuve mais le témoignage américain le confirme.

I love the work that has been produced from the Dev team these past few months. I had this game just sitting here for a couple years, and all the new exciting stuff brought me back. I've never had a game where I looked so forward to reading weekly progress reports, and they always come with great news.

Great work Jason, and the Dev team! :salute:

I hope this game can bring in the resources it needs to continue to grow for the next 10 years and beyond! If only I had more flight sim friends, I'd bring them along for the ride!

Thx for the great work i Supported you and will Support you also in Future. But still dreaming of REICHSVERTEIDIGUNG

Edited by II/JG11ATLAN

Everyone,

Thanks for the encouraging words and support, but there is a long way to go yet.

If you have a Japanese reference you'd like to share please post in this section so they don't get lost over here.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/29478-japanese-airplane-reference-materials/

I have also turned on the "help wanted" ads that I mentioned in the DD.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/108-jobs-contractors-and-content-creators/

Jason

Very interesting postings on the help wanted section.

IL2 magazine? I'd subscribe to that!

Also glad to see some more tanks potentially making it into the game.

Yesterday I played tanks in VR for the first time and it was really cool. Looking through the peep holes was incredible, especially the one on the side of PzIII.

Edited by Jade_Monkey
  • Upvote 2

Oh please.  :rolleyes:

Mr. Batz has a history of shallow vocal criticism - I wonder why he is still here while he dislikes this sim so much.

• Upvote 4

The HS 129 is the one I have hoped for , but never really believed I would have a chance to fly in this simulator. It is this collector plane that have prevented me to go WT for flying. It is also this plane that make me give a damn in PTO. And I will forget the unbalance and fly Luftwaffe when this become available. 

Many thanks for the update, I am very pleased with the model

I have one suggestion that you can implement fairly quickly, even given your limited resources.  There seems to be some interest in the skin pack #19 for RoF  Maybe you could release it as an add-on for that program, which has been kind of quiet for as while.  I know I'd chip in to get it.

Perhaps a poll would give you a rough estimate of how much interest people might have in buying it, which could be a source of some quick cash, and comes to you from the very community that you want the support of.  That's a fixed price way to get help with minimal extra effort on 1C's part.

Too, with another suggestion, I think an Internet fundraiser would give everyone a way to contribute what they can, at whatever cash level they can afford, with some layered rewards to incentivize higher contributions.  That would be a nice variable cost way to get contributions.

So there are two ways to get some cash going with very little exertion.

• Upvote 1

I have one suggestion that you can implement fairly quickly, even given your limited resources.  There seems to be some interest in the skin pack #19 for RoF  Maybe you could release it as an add-on for that program, which has been kind of quiet for as while.  I know I'd chip in to get it.

-snip-

This is an IL-2 developer diary - please keep ROF discussion in its appropriate subforum and the thread that already exists on this subject.

Edited by Space_Ghost

A very informative dd with much to look forward to for the future.Please add me to the list of people who would be willing to be a tester :salute:

Amazing. I think it is pretty difficult for most us to fathom the scope and complexity of the Midway project!!

Will continue to help as much as I can...Memorial Day Tzigy Gifting Day around the corner...

Dammit... Wish I hadn't wasted my GI Bill on a general degree and getting commercial driving license. I should have learned 3d artistry or programming. It would be awesome to join the IL2 team. I bet nothing could beat the glamorous lifestyle of making the best flight sim ever!

Salutations,

Tank modelers wanted!

WOOT.... more tanks on the way. Hopefully, drivable.

• Upvote 1

Salutations,

Tank modelers wanted!

WOOT.... more tanks on the way. Hopefully, drivable.

Only if talented modelers offer their services and are motivated. We're not building any more tanks ourselves.

Jason

What did I do wrong? This is absurd...

This DD is not a discussion about other theaters. Stick to the DD.

Jason

• Upvote 2

Look forward to seeing the armament of Hs129.

It will be very effective against tanks and vehicles.

I hope the team are able to make a Pacific campaign.

Their standards are very high and I know it would be an outstanding achievement.

Also I love some of the US fighters and dive bombers of that theater of operations. 

Has it ever been an option for the company to just purchase the 3d models from a third party, and negotiate a usage agreement?  There certainly must be lots of high quality Zeros, SBD's, Vals, not to mention tanks, ships, etc that are already made and are for sale.

Edited by Iceworm

Has it ever been an option to just purchase the 3d models from a third party, and negotiate a usage agreement?  There certainly must be lots of high quality Zeros, SBD's, Vals, not to mention tanks, ships, etc that are already made and are for sale.

Of course, we always explore those options. The problem is cost, quality and accuracy. And all third party anything has to be modified to fit our engine. Not so easy. Most of the time easier to build from scratch.

Jason

• Upvote 2

There is problems with third party installations, every time the game itself updates the modules also have to in some cases. This is very known to us flying in DCS. The prices reflect such endeavours . Third party and 777 shall earn money on it

Interesting update. I enjoyed carrier ops in Il2 1946. I just wonder if its a step too far. I assume there is a good revenue stream from the US for PTO. Maybe the Med, Malta and North Africa would be a stepping stone to PTO. The carriers in the MTO are probably well documented.

Edited by TP_Jacko
  • Upvote 1

Comments about the MTO will be deleted. I've already explained that previously.

Jason

I get that and I also understand that the DD probably didn't intend to portray any negativity about the situation but...

Interesting update. I enjoyed carrier ops in Il2 1946. I just wonder if its a step too far. I assume there is a good revenue stream from the US for PTO. Maybe the Med, Malta and North Africa would be a stepping stone to PTO. The carriers in the MTO are probably well documented.

... this.

• Upvote 1

Hi Jason,

although not very fond of the pacific theatre - as already mentioned in other topics - I still consider it a very important step for further content and the future of our beloved hobby for not to say

passion. And of course I will buy it and all other products you'll offer simply to support your efforts with the due respect.

I don't know, if my idea is a good one, but here are my suggestions:

- why not offering "bonds", let's say f.ex. for the value of 20, 50, 100$. This would help you with your budget

and would be independent of any pre-order / pre-sales. The owner of these bonds can later have some

discount for the final product.

That's just some idea I have in mind and I would gladly acquire some bonds "à fond perdu" as we say in french.

Thanks again for the fantastic work you guys are doing.

Cheers

Kuban is the stepping stone to PTO...

Likìng the HS129

Enjoyed flying it 1946 & will sure like flying it in BOS, etc.