Sign in to follow this  
EAF_Ribbon

Vkb Gunfighter joystick orders in EU started!

Just ordered mine!

They will start shipping on 6th of june.

Just wanted to inform fellow il2 pilots.

461 EUR for the Pro with WH adapter, VAT and shipping. That's a tad pricey.

Yes it is very pricey!

I bought tabledesk version, VAT+shipping 370€.

So far i used t16000m and it's gimball worn out a bit so it won't stay in perfect neutral when you release it but still amazing joystick for it's price and i will use it for space sims/games.

For Vkb gunfighter i spit money cos i wanted top quality and that KG12 grip (bf109 replica) looks tasty.

that's stupidly expensive...you can get a Warthog Hotas for that price...and have 4 times the buttons and pretty much the same precision. nobody is gonna notice the difference

that's stupidly expensive...you can get a Warthog Hotas for that price...and have 4 times the buttons and pretty much the same precision. nobody is gonna notice the difference

There id difference in quality, plastic vs. metal internals and here you can swap grips, you can even mount TM warthog grip or some others and add twist adapter.

the VKB uses platic internals? well then it should be even cheaper, not more expensive

Strange it's so expensive for Europe... I got mine for $400 USD all in, but 461 euro is like $516... must be that VAT you guys are always talking about.

In any case, just had my first night of flying with my Pro version yesterday and it was pretty sweet. I sniped a few kills like I couldn't dream of with my X-55. The extension will take some getting used to but I'm loving it so far.

Also the internals are mostly metal. There is a picture of the gimbal on the site. Very little plastic except the grip itself.

the VKB uses platic internals? well then it should be even cheaper, not more expensive

Warthog have many plastic internals! It's gimball to be more precise.

Vkb gimball is fully metal!

Strange it's so expensive for Europe... I got mine for $400 USD all in, but 461 euro is like $516... must be that VAT you guys are always talking about.

In any case, just had my first night of flying with my Pro version yesterday and it was pretty sweet. I sniped a few kills like I couldn't dream of with my X-55. The extension will take some getting used to but I'm loving it so far.

Also the internals are mostly metal. There is a picture of the gimbal on the site. Very little plastic except the grip itself.

Yep, EU taxes are killing us! Edited by redribbon

TM warthog vs. vkb gunfighter, first one is warthog.

post-102888-0-32380600-1495629745_thumb.png

post-102888-0-55002000-1495629854_thumb.png

Cmon, man... I'm sure you've seen the renders... I know you're not a troll but don't be a troll.  :lol:

It's really no more expensive or impractical than any of the other 300USD+ high end peripherals... Although I think the VP T-50 or the VKB MCG are way more functional.

We are very fortunate to have the choices we have today, in quality joystick setups.

I am currently running my Warthog, that I originally purchased the year it was released. At least the gimbal I am, and it is still as smooth as a baby's butt. I added a 7.5cm extension to it over a year ago, and absolutely love it. 

Now having said that, I have replaced the grip itself due to a button going bad, and my Throttle bricked about a year ago so replaced that. But I can not complain about the gimbal, I got lucky on that one as I know there have been some batches that the gimbal was pretty poor in smoothness  and very rough.

I added the desktop Gunfighter as well, though I have not set it up and tried it yet. Coming from using a Warthog with extension, I probably should have gotten the Pro but not much good at mounting things myself.  Will probably get the MCG grip for it first before trying it out. And yes the gimbal is metal and very impressive looking.

Also have the new Virpil offering on order as well - the stick, center mount bracket, and extension set. Will be interesting to compare it when I receive. And it has a good looking metal gimbal system as well.

Edited by dburne

Yea, with a big ass plastic gimbal system that requires modding form the user if you want it to perform respectively....  How awesome is that! :blink:

It depends on what quality it have , the one with extention and clutch for non centering so you can fly choppers how you suppose to, is cheap compared to high end sticks half the price to be exact  

Believe me you do, a high end gimbal is everything, it is like crosswind rudderpedals against saitek comparing VKB with Warthog . The grip itself is very good , but the rest is shit. 50% of the time. This is why Warthog convertion is popular, so people can keep their grip

...pretty much the same precision.

Nope. This is simply an inaccurate statement based on non-information or wrong understanding.

You, my friend, do not understand the difference between a ball-and-socket and a separate metal cam and double spring per axis means.

You, my friend, do not understand what separate/non-blended x and y axes means.

I have a TMWH with 20cm extension. Been using that for a long time. It's good. No sticktion, smooth as butter. Love it. The VKB is noticeably and significantly better in every respect. Love it MORE! Especially (and this is where the non-blended x and y axes comes in) when trying to affect displacement in one axis while already at a displacement at another (e.g., pulling back and at full left).

The VKB is a katana to the TMWH broadsword, and precision clockwork instrument to a mass-produced 50's farm or construction machine.

Now, as for being "stupidly expensive", it is expensive. But then, so is the TMWH compared to the Saitek X-55/56, or the Saitek X-55/56 compared to a Logitech. Or an MFG Crosswinds compared to a Saitek rudder. And, for that matter, a GTX 1080 Ti over the 1030. The question is, for these premiums what do we get and is it worth it? I have both. I have seen both. I have used both. I have no doubt. The answer is a resounding YES.

Also, should add, a major bonus is the configurability: select your cam (soft center, hard center), select your spring tension (two springs per axis, each can be of different strengths, for not only different tensions per axis, but different tensions in different part of axis), select your friction (dry clutch mechanism).

Here are my first subjective impressions:

The first word that comes to mind look at the two together is "gracile" vs "robust" (as used in biological classification). The VKB is a slender, elegant, graceful thing next to the lumbering bulk of the TMWH: a katana as opposed to a broadsword. While more diminutive, though, it is by no means delicate or less capable in its *raison d'etre*! Quite the opposite: the amount of control I gained over the TMWH when I eventually got into a virtual cockpit behind the stick was significant and noticeable, and extraordinary for all that. After experiencing the VKB Gunfighter's Swiss watch like precision and control, the TMWH now feels to me mushy, like stirring thick oatmeal in a small bowl, especially at extreme deflection. In fact, as I took apart the VKB base to loosen the dry clutch etc., I was struck by how much the inside of the VKB could pass for that of a finely-crafted clockwork automaton from steampunk sci-fi, whereas the TMWH insides (if you have seen them, with the giant bulky spring and thick grease) seemed more like those of a mass-produced 1950' farm or construction machine. The VKB internals would not be out of place in a fine art museum (or a watch/clock museum!): a working piece of art whose beauty comes from its functional design. 

ACIUOXd.jpg

UmFmOTi.jpg

Edited by Bearfoot

Yea, with a big ass plastic gimbal system that requires modding form the user if you want it to perform respectively....  How awesome is that! :blink:

Please take your arguments into the air online. Let things be settled there. :salute:

I sold my Warthog HOTAS (no extension) after getting a Gladiator Pro.  Although the plastic stick initially felt cheap I have not regretted my decision in the slightest.  The difference in accuracy is huge.    

Finally! Ordered one on a whim today. Hopefully money well spent.

Finally! Ordered one on a whim today. Hopefully money well spent.

Can't wait mine hehe, only left to do is to mod my ch pedals, remove center detents and maybe set new thicker springs

Yes the metal gimbal system is by far the best quality. I sold my warthog, this VKB stick the pro mkii is by far the best I have ever owned.

• Upvote 1

We are very fortunate to have the choices we have today, in quality joystick setups.

I am currently running my Warthog, that I originally purchased the year it was released. At least the gimbal I am, and it is still as smooth as a baby's butt. I added a 7.5cm extension to it over a year ago, and absolutely love it. 

Now having said that, I have replaced the grip itself due to a button going bad, and my Throttle bricked about a year ago so replaced that. But I can not complain about the gimbal, I got lucky on that one as I know there have been some batches that the gimbal was pretty poor in smoothness  and very rough.

I added the desktop Gunfighter as well, though I have not set it up and tried it yet. Coming from using a Warthog with extension, I probably should have gotten the Pro but not much good at mounting things myself.  Will probably get the MCG grip for it first before trying it out. And yes the gimbal is metal and very impressive looking.

Also have the new Virpil offering on order as well - the stick, center mount bracket, and extension set. Will be interesting to compare it when I receive. And it has a good looking metal gimbal system as well.

Is there a place where one can buy extensions for the Warthog?

Hi guys, i have an important question and hope someone can answer me.

I want to buy the Gunfighter Pro with extension and Warthog adaptor, my question is, can i twist the Warthog to fit my needs in a center mount position?

I mean a fixed, slightly twisted position so my hand and arm bone are not unnaturally angled, dont know how to describe it better, hope you understand, sry for my english. :)

And another question is, how will it work with the heavy grip of the warthog with extension, i have a 10cm extension on my Warthog and it lightened the strength needed to throw it around, is it not to heavy for such a large extension, how is the recentering?

I really want to have that stick because of the superior gimbal but i want that Warthog grip and mabye later a better grip for Helicopter flying, that 4 way + push thumb thing is not good enough for me to fly helis, i need a simple thumb button and there will be other grips later on like the russian style grip.

Is there a solution to get one without the current gunfighter grip, for people like me who only need the Gimbal, extension and Warthog adaptor?

The last question i should ask at the official forum but maybe someone knows it, i live in europe and 450 euros is a big investment for just a joystick but i think it its worth it but i like to spare some money if possible. :)

Please take your arguments into the air online. Let things be settled there.

:) Salute , I might come off as a Warthog hater, but I am really not. I have had moments in the past I really wanted one, it is cool looking and the grip is fantastic. But what bug me is the customer base that accept this one design fault it got. and the company reluctance to improve it.

I am only guessing , but my impression is that about 50 % of the Warthog owners are seriously bothered with a known stiction problem, I am guessing the same amount of people have to take it apart and oil it. But still Thrusmaster can keep selling it, because it is accepted among the customers.

The Gunfighter is not yet proved over time, but you can at least see they tried to make a long lasting quality product, by putting metal where it should be, I myself like the metal feel, but it is no modern grip on airplane with metal grip. So it is not realistic 

Hi guys, i have an important question and hope someone can answer me.

I want to buy the Gunfighter Pro with extension and Warthog adaptor, my question is, can i twist the Warthog to fit my needs in a center mount position?

I mean a fixed, slightly twisted position so my hand and arm bone are not unnaturally angled, dont know how to describe it better, hope you understand, sry for my english. :)

And another question is, how will it work with the heavy grip of the warthog with extension, i have a 10cm extension on my Warthog and it lightened the strength needed to throw it around, is it not to heavy for such a large extension, how is the recentering?

I really want to have that stick because of the superior gimbal but i want that Warthog grip and mabye later a better grip for Helicopter flying, that 4 way + push thumb thing is not good enough for me to fly helis, i need a simple thumb button and there will be other grips later on like the russian style grip.

Is there a solution to get one without the current gunfighter grip, for people like me who only need the Gimbal, extension and Warthog adaptor?

The last question i should ask at the official forum but maybe someone knows it, i live in europe and 450 euros is a big investment for just a joystick but i think it its worth it but i like to spare some money if possible. :)

At the end of this video it shows you can adjust horizontal angle of grip;

https://youtu.be/GhMdguGVMXs

If you meant on vertical angle of grip i don't know is it possible.

Also you can make thread in official vkb forum for more precise answers, vkb team will answer you.

Good luck!

• Upvote 1

And another question is, how will it work with the heavy grip of the warthog with extension, i have a 10cm extension on my Warthog and it lightened the strength needed to throw it around, is it not to heavy for such a large extension, how is the recentering?I

VKB gimbal provide extra CAM profile (W) and heavy springs specific for compensate Warthog heavy (~1KB) grip.

And Gunfighter "Dry Clutch" system allow "heli trim" = stop the grip in any position.

Of course, a kit for this is provide - need add extension if want:

https://flightsimcontrols.com/store/joysticks/vkb-sim-gunfighter-base-and-tm-adaptor/

Edited by Sokol1
  • Upvote 1

At the end of this video it shows you can adjust horizontal angle of grip;

If you meant on vertical angle of grip i don't know is it possible.

Also you can make thread in official vkb forum for more precise answers, vkb team will answer you.

Good luck!

Thats excactly what i mean, thank you very much.

Of course, a kit for this is provide - need add extension if want:

The Problem is, there is no extension to buy as standalone, only find it in the US store. :(

Edited by Ishtaru

Is there a place where one can buy extensions for the Warthog?

Are several options of Warthog extensions around, from:

VirPil (more affordable)

MFG Simudza

Slaw

And some "no name"

Some will say "this or that" is better, but all is just a aluminum tube with threads + PS2 cable.

Are several options of Warthog extensions around, from:

VirPil (more affordable)

MFG Simudza

Slaw

And some "no name"

Some will say "this or that" is better, but all is just a aluminum tube with threads + PS2 cable.

https://warthog-extensions-by-sahaj.com/my-products/

I would not consider Sahaj to be a " no name ".

He was supporting and offering the community  Warthog extensions long before some of these other companies, longer than some of them have even existed.

Now having said that I am sure anyone's extensions will do just fine, I can say I love mine by Sahaj it has done very well for me. His black extension goes nicely with my Warthog stick. I just don't think it is quite fair to refer to him as a " no name "...

He has had a pinned thread on this forum since Nov of 2013.

Edited by dburne

https://warthog-extensions-by-sahaj.com/my-products/

I would not consider Sahaj to be a " no name ".

I don't include Sahaj  as "no name" (this refer to some DIY or 3D printed versions offered in ED forum), I mistype Sahaj by Slaw  (Slaw make only pedals, not extension).  ;)

The correct is:

VirPil (more affordable)
MFG Simudza
Slaw  Sahaj
And some "no name"

:) Salute , I might come off as a Warthog hater, but I am really not. I have had moments in the past I really wanted one, it is cool looking and the grip is fantastic. But what bug me is the customer base that accept this one design fault it got. and the company reluctance to improve it.

I am only guessing , but my impression is that about 50 % of the Warthog owners are seriously bothered with a known stiction problem, I am guessing the same amount of people have to take it apart and oil it. But still Thrusmaster can keep selling it, because it is accepted among the customers.

The Gunfighter is not yet proved over time, but you can at least see they tried to make a long lasting quality product, by putting metal where it should be, I myself like the metal feel, but it is no modern grip on airplane with metal grip. So it is not realistic 

Never had any problems with my Warthog and it performs beautifully for me though then again it was my first joystick so I dont have anything -well except the crappiest of the crappy- to compare it to!

If indeed the new VKB gunfighter is better then it must be a very good flight stick is all I can say, but as others have pointed out it could take a few years before one can judge these things correctly- a marathon not a sprint and all that. Buying a new stick I would have thought its bound to feel brand new and hyper responsive compared to an old stick that you've been using for 5 years.

Will keep my eye on it though as if my warthog starts developing these problems you mention sometime down the road I might have to get myself one of those bad boys!

Edited by TheNoobleWurtha

Well if there was no vkb i would go for warthog for sure, it still is great joystick and looking great, my second choice. Also i think vkb prooved it self with previous products (cobra, gladiator).

Edited by redribbon

I have a new in box VKB Gunfighter sitting here - still flying my Warthog with extension.

One of these days I will take it apart and do the damper screw loosening/adjustment we are supposed to do before using and give it a try.

Just having trouble getting motivated to go through the process...

I have a new in box VKB Gunfighter sitting here - still flying my Warthog with extension.

One of these days I will take it apart and do the damper screw loosening/adjustment we are supposed to do before using and give it a try.

It is a bit of a hassle! It would be nice to have a way to adjust the dry clutch without taking apart the base. Maybe in 2020 ...

However, the entire process from finding my reading glasses to sitting behind a virtual Yak-1 took 45 mins ... and half of that was finding my glasses, dealing with the packaging, and fiddling with the control screen in IL2!

Edited by Bearfoot

For a tech sicko like me that is the most fun part that joystick will provide me.

Also i aim on modding it's kg12 grip for left hand usage.

Edited by redribbon

Hey guys, i need to aks here in the hope of an answer because on the official site i get no answer even with email.

i am interested in a Gunfighter Pro + Extension + Warthog adaptor and i have some questions before ordering.
I am used to a 10cm extension and it softened the force to move the Warthog quite a bit but with a 20cm extension the springs have to be very strong to keep a similar force and i really dont like sticks with weak springs like the old X52Pro and the like.
How strong can the springs be, will i be able to make it similar to my current setup?
How is the recentering with the heavy Warthog Grip on the 20cm extension?
When i twist the grip a few degrees to the left to make it more comfortable in a center mount, will it be tight enough to not accidentally twist it back and fourth?
What does it mean when i read "the stick will lean a bit to the left", i really dont like a sloppy center position like for example the TM Cougar has and also the G940 with the non FFB deadzone, its a absolutely no go for me?
My last question, is there a way to get the Pro with extension + Warthog adaptor without the KG12 Grip, it will cost 451 euros and that is quite a bit for just a stick for me, i would like to spare a few euros and buy another Grip later on for Helicopter flight because i dont like the thumb button with the 4 way hat on my Warthog for trimming?
Sry if my english skills are lacking a bit but i hope you understand me good enough, thx in advance.