Photo

Tacview

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 wwwronin

wwwronin

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:27

How to make IL2 BOM working with tacview 6.1 ? I want to known  the detailed steps. 

#2 6./ZG26_Asgar

6./ZG26_Asgar
  • Tester

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:41

two things

first: pls keep doing what you do, e.g. never read anything the devs post about their new game updates.

second: never ever use the search function of the forum, it's evil! 

thanks

#3 Riderocket

Riderocket
  • Founder

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:41

https://forum.il2stu...iew#entry470291

8. Basic TacView export functionality added. When you record a track in the game, .acmi file is generated in the native TacView format.

https://forum.il2stu...45-2010-tacview

https://forum.il2stu.../29311-tacview/

RV8MFdH.png

System Specs

Spoiler

#4 spartan85

spartan85
  • Founder

Posted 23 May 2017 - 13:21

I used tacview for the first time ever a few days ago, I have to admit it was really cool to see the numbers.
I was in a Lagg and being tailed by a 109, did a series of split-S and the 109 got caught in a control lock from over speed, darted into the ground.
Not sure how accurate it records the data but seeing the critical airspeed's and G''s pulled was interesting.
I also like that Russian planes are represented by f16's :)

George Tsakanikas :)

#5 JG27_Targ

JG27_Targ
  • Founder

Posted 23 May 2017 - 19:29

I also like that Russian planes are represented by f16's :)

:dash:

I knew it!

tHE WAY THEY CLIMB, THE ENERGY RETENTION. i AM TALKING IN ALL CAPS TO GET MY POINT ACROSS!!!!!!

jASON FIX THIS asap!!!!

But yeah, Tacview is indeed pretty cool!

Thank you Dev's!

aND jASON FIX THE F16 RUSSIAN PLANES!!!11

Grumble grumble..

#6 JG13_opcode

JG13_opcode

Posted 23 May 2017 - 21:47

aND jASON FIX THE F16 RUSSIAN PLANES!!!11

That's a Tacview problem. I don't think Tacview has 3D models for LaGGs and Yaks.

#7 JG27_Targ

JG27_Targ
  • Founder

Posted 23 May 2017 - 23:22

I was being sarcastic and inferring that the Russian aircraft in the sim flew like F16's. Hence the visual representation in tacview.

#8 JtD

JtD
  • Founder

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:42

Thanks for the laugh, Lang. :biggrin:

Question about Tacview:

What information exactly is being exported/saved? Can't seem to find a complete list on the forums, or on the Tacview page.

Facts are the best defence against the experts.

#9 JG13_opcode

JG13_opcode

Posted 26 May 2017 - 13:48

You can open the .acmi files in a text editor to see what is exported. Looks like mostly position and direction data

#10 JtD

JtD
  • Founder

Posted 26 May 2017 - 14:19

I'm deciding if I want to have more non open source crap on my computer. I don't want to install unless it is useful. If you already have installed, would you mind posting a small excerpt from that file? Pretty please.

Facts are the best defence against the experts.

#11 JG13_opcode

JG13_opcode

Posted 26 May 2017 - 15:34

Sure. I am at work but will post one when I get home.
I too resent proprietary software but since it's a windows machine anyways...

#12 JG13_opcode

JG13_opcode

Posted 30 May 2017 - 18:57

Post the track and the acmi file
Sorry jtd, I forgot. Will try to remember tonight

#13 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 31 May 2017 - 00:18

All I see is a plane climbing and slowing down and then gaining speed momentarily as he zooms up and then losing momentum and slowing down again. Rinse and repeat. I'll make a separate section for TacView arguments which clearly some want to already start. You also got to remember that spikes in packets being thrown around may also skew some info in MP and we only send data to tracks every so many milliseconds which also skews the data. TacView is a general re-creation of a battle to analyze tactics and not meant to be any kind of testing tool. if TacView is going to be used as a conspiracy theory tool then I'll just remove support for it. Use it as intended. 

Jason

#14 -=PHX=-SuperEtendard

-=PHX=-SuperEtendard

Posted 31 May 2017 - 00:21

That image is very interesting indeed. I also noticed some other odd situations appart from the most obvious one you pointed out (red circle = plane gaining speed while climing; green circle= plane losing speed while diving).

221xatg.jpg

Also for comparison take the dive between 00:00:24 and 0:00:35 (violet), you'll see that's a proper dive (of 500m), with a good speed increase, however the speed gain rate is much lower than the odd point at 00:01:21, as the slope is lower in comparison (at the marked point, the slope is almost vertical, it gained like 100 km/h in around 1 second, while climing). Maybe this was a case of lag/stutter, or maybe Tacview gets some non-accurate reading sometimes? I wouldn't find any other explanation than that... Why would it accelerate soo absurdly while climing but not nearly as much when properly diving?

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard, 31 May 2017 - 00:25.

#15 HR_Tofolo

HR_Tofolo
  • Founder

Posted 31 May 2017 - 14:30

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this graph is showing TAS and altitude. Now, if the plane climbs but IAS is the same, the TAS should increase (from a simplified point of view).

Edited by HR_Tofolo, 31 May 2017 - 14:31.

Halcones3.png
Halcones Rojos screenshot galleries: 

General - TAW

#16 Vyrtuoz

Vyrtuoz

Posted 31 May 2017 - 22:09

Please remember that this is a preliminary support (this is not even a beta version!). Not all data is available yet.

For now, please focus on the general battlefield and maneuvers. Please do not look, yet, for perfect numbers.

You should see nice improvements in the coming updates of IL-2 and Tacview.

#17 II./JG1_Vonrd

II./JG1_Vonrd
  • Founder

Posted 08 July 2017 - 18:14

two things

first: pls keep doing what you do, e.g. never read anything the devs post about their new game updates.

thanks

One thing... I HAVE used the search function for "Tacview"... but I'm not finding the answer.

I have the latest build of Tacview and It works well in DCS but I'm not seeing any .acmi file in the Tracks folder after having recorded several flights. The native BOS function to view recorded works fine.

I saw this line in the latest patch 2.011:

17. New parameter tacviewrecord = 0/1 is added to startup.cfg that turns TacView export on and off (off by default).

I changed it from 0 to 1, restarted the game, recorded a flight and still no .acmi file in Tracks.

What am I doing wrong?

Edited by II./JG1_Vonrd, 08 July 2017 - 18:16.

#18 Bearfoot

Bearfoot

Posted 08 July 2017 - 18:28

two things

thanks

One thing... I HAVE used the search function for "Tacview"... but I'm not finding the answer.

I have the latest build of Tacview and It works well in DCS but I'm not seeing any .acmi file in the Tracks folder after having recorded several flights. The native BOS function to view recorded works fine.

I saw this line in the latest patch 2.011:

17. New parameter tacviewrecord = 0/1 is added to startup.cfg that turns TacView export on and off (off by default).

I changed it from 0 to 1, restarted the game, recorded a flight and still no .acmi file in Tracks.

What am I doing wrong?

The ACMI file does not show up in the game. You have to navigate to the Tracks directory outside the game (in Windows) and it will be there. Double-clicking it will launch TacView on it. Alternatively, you have to launch TacView and navigate to the Tracks directory and open the file directly that way. 

#19 II./JG1_Vonrd

II./JG1_Vonrd
  • Founder

Posted 08 July 2017 - 19:25

The ACMI file does not show up in the game. You have to navigate to the Tracks directory outside the game (in Windows) and it will be there. Double-clicking it will launch TacView on it. Alternatively, you have to launch TacView and navigate to the Tracks directory and open the file directly that way. 

There's no .acmi file in there (through windows explorer). There's .trk file and a related folder with several language files, a .mis, .msbin and a .tc file. For some reason the game isn't writing the .acmi.

#20 JG27_Targ

JG27_Targ
  • Founder

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:18

I do not see this in the startup.cfg

17. New parameter tacviewrecord = 0/1 is added to startup.cfg that turns TacView export on and off (off by default)

What section does it need to be added to?

#21 VSlash

VSlash
  • Founder

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:23

I do not see this in the startup.cfg

17. New parameter tacviewrecord = 0/1 is added to startup.cfg that turns TacView export on and off (off by default)

What section does it need to be added to?

For me it was added here:

[KEY = track_record]
	fx_sound = 2
	record_graphics_effect = 1
	record_ground_vehicles = 1
	tacviewrecord = 1

Intel i5-4670 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 Gb DDR3, GeForce GTX 1070 8 Gb @ 60 Hz / 23", TrackIR4 /// CH Fighterstick, Saitek X-45 Throttle, VKB Rudder Mk.15

bom_gold_en.png

#22 JG27_Targ

JG27_Targ
  • Founder

Posted 09 July 2017 - 17:06

Thank you!

For some reason mine is not there and I had to add it manually.

#23 JG27_Kornezov

JG27_Kornezov

Posted 12 July 2017 - 14:55

The tacview is corrected after the latest update. The rolls and lift vectors are correctly shown. The teams are in opposite colors the icons are corrected.

https://youtu.be/RTD4KOmrCd0?t=4m40s

RIP my old friend bf 109 f4. Born Version 1.003 died Version 2.012

#24 Bearfoot

Bearfoot

Posted 12 July 2017 - 16:17

There's no .acmi file in there (through windows explorer). There's .trk file and a related folder with several language files, a .mis, .msbin and a .tc file. For some reason the game isn't writing the .acmi.

Is this MP or SP?

Just discovered that in MP (TAW, WOL), no ACMI files seem to be saved. No such issues with SP.

#25 JG27_Targ

JG27_Targ
  • Founder

Posted 12 July 2017 - 19:50

The tacview is corrected after the latest update. The rolls and lift vectors are correctly shown. The teams are in opposite colors the icons are corrected.

https://youtu.be/RTD4KOmrCd0?t=4m40s

What version of tacview are you using?

#26 JG27_Kornezov

JG27_Kornezov

Posted 12 July 2017 - 20:01

What version of tacview are you using?

Tacview 1.6.1, 64 bits, advanced

Is this MP or SP?

Just discovered that in MP (TAW, WOL), no ACMI files seem to be saved. No such issues with SP.

Maybe  they restricted the use because of possible cheating using the doftware. Try on Berloga. It works fine there for me.

Edited by JG27_Kornezov, 12 July 2017 - 19:59.

RIP my old friend bf 109 f4. Born Version 1.003 died Version 2.012

#27 VSlash

VSlash
  • Founder

Posted 12 July 2017 - 20:40

Maybe  they restricted the use because of possible cheating using the doftware.

Yup, they turned it off around 10th of July, my tracks stopped generating *.acmi with them when flying on WoL. 

Intel i5-4670 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 Gb DDR3, GeForce GTX 1070 8 Gb @ 60 Hz / 23", TrackIR4 /// CH Fighterstick, Saitek X-45 Throttle, VKB Rudder Mk.15

bom_gold_en.png

#28 =TBAS=OccludedLight14

=TBAS=OccludedLight14

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:28

Tacview is great but@
Jason please please Disable Tacview being enabled by default in Multiplayer servers.

As some players are exploiting it and using it to cheat rather effectively.
If need be i can pm you with details of the exploit possible, but it is MAJOR!

wvpbop.jpg  
/CPU: FX8350@ 4.3ghz /GPU: GTX 1060 G1 Gaming /RAM: 16GB@1875mhz
 /JOYSTICK: Saitek X-55 Hotas /PEDALS: Logitech Driving Force EX

#29 Vyrtuoz

Vyrtuoz

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:45

I was informed by IL-2 dev team that there is new option TacviewRecord=true/false in .sds DServer config files that can be used to prevent possible cheating on a server.

It is also *possible* that, with the latest update of IL-2, export is disabled by default on multiplayer servers. I did not have the time to check this new option yet.

#30 6./ZG26_Asgar

6./ZG26_Asgar
  • Tester

Posted 30 July 2017 - 15:41

has anyone played around with the new freely placable textures in the 1.6.3 beta yet? i downloaded the stalingrad and moscow map and am trying to figure out the corner coordinates so i can integrate them. i tried to use the same coordinates as the custom elevation maps that are included in 1.6.3 beta but they don't match up. it's close but they're off by approximately 200m or 300m.

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar, 30 July 2017 - 15:50.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users