Pre-Order New Historical Campaign "Blazing Steppe"

I'd like to pre-order, however, is it still the case that planes that get damaged don't fly home but rather attack until they are completely destroyed?

This is even worse if you fly as a gunner since you can not "scare" the enemy away or just hurt him in order to make him give up, he will attack until either one dies. Even worse he will follow you to your airstrip and you can't land cause he'll continue to attack like a kamikaze.

Also there are strange situations where all your guys for example chase some bombers to the north while you get attacked by 8 enemies and your guys only fly behind bombers while all (!) of their 8 fighters chase you home to the south. Nor your enemies nor your friends come to the conclusion that it would be better a) follow the fighters who attack the bombers or b) help me engage the enemy fighters.

So I fly 10 mins home to my base while being chased by 8 fighters and eventually get slaughtered over my airstrip while my guys chase the bombers and kill some of them -_-

20 mins well spent...

I don't see much sense in buying a campaign where the AI has fundamental flaws like this. It just spoils the immersion for me.

However i'd love to buy 10 days in october and this one, just waiting of some AI fixes.

• Upvote 1

I did fly recently some missions where my crippled plane could still fly during some time when i did take great care of not over stressing the parts that where hit! In most cases the engine! Engines now can run very hot but by managing the cowlings and fuel/air setting but also the rpm's, in short managing the engine with care it is possible to keep this one alive for at least 15-20 minutes like i find out returning to base. This is easier with a radial engine than with a inline one. The error I did previously also is to fight until my plane did quit but now I try to get home with it before this happens.

And yes A.I. is not perfect and still needs a lot of work and a lot of PC power to be better.

I thank the development team for the work already done and the work they are still doing.  :salute: 

Edited by senseispcc
  • Upvote 1

+ 1 again. The way this game has evolved, (been enhanced and expanded....never missed a due date) over the last 6 months is spectacular. All part of a great investment. B6 there is obviously many campaigns that 1 can do but for me a 110e BOM would be great in the future. Keep on keeping on...a happy customer. :salute:  :fly:

excuse but what's the meaning of pre-order? I dont see any discount, 10 dollars like days autumn

Pre-ordering is the act of ordering something before it is officially released.

Why you instantly infer you should receive a discount is beyond me. 

Pre-ordering is the act of ordering something before it is officially released.

Why you instantly infer you should receive a discount is beyond me. 

if there isnt a discount I can wait when it will be released. to buy something before it is released without some advantages is beyond me

if there isnt a discount I can wait when it will be released. to buy something before it is released without some advantages is beyond me

-snip-

By Pre-Ordering, you'll get a special 6th IAK PVO skin for the Yak-1 series 69.

-snip-

Alright. No skin off of my back.

By Pre-Ordering, you'll get a special 6th IAK PVO skin for the Yak-1 series 69

One does get the above skin for pre-ordering, so guess could be considered an advantage for doing so - whether that be worth it to someone depends on the individual I guess. I myself pre-ordered to continue to support the sim.

There is a skin as an incentive.

Maybe reading the post is beyond you as well.

• Upvote 1

Thank you everybody for the continued support. BlackSix works very hard on these Campaigns so show him the love!

Jason

Enjoyed the first campaign so it would have been rude to ignore this one. ;)

All the best, Pete. :biggrin: