Sign in to follow this  
=GW=xshinel

Monitor with 21:9 can not support the game good

Hello 艾薇巴滴(pronounce as "i wei ba dy", means everybody)!

I don't know why the 21:9 Monitor can not support the game well.

The cockpit has been widened when you use a 21:9 monitor, but not increse the horizon, especially the frame of the fw190 and bf109, it's ugly!

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Did I miss some setting?

Please help

Thank you guys!

like the fish eye, ugly :wacko:

post-24612-0-66638500-1494834690_thumb.jpg

post-24612-0-00098300-1494834779_thumb.png

I'm using 21:9 fine, fish eye do not noticed. One issue what I can think of is distorted object scale when looking at some angles - easy to reproduce just place object on your side and little back then move point of view from that object to the center of the screen and back - notice how unrealistically that object​ changes it's size.

Edited by 307_Tomcat

I'm using 21:9 fine, fish eye do not noticed. One issue what I can think of is distorted object scale when looking at some angles - easy to reproduce just place object on your side and little back then move point of view from that object to the center of the screen and back - notice how unrealistically that object​ changes it's size.

Thank you for yoru answer Tomcat, but sorry for my poor English, I don't get you, lol

Could you please post a screenshot or a little vedio when you in the game?

Thank you!

You are zooming out way too much, you are definitely going to get fisheye effect.

So is it normal? but seems the 21:9 can not wide the horizon, but distort the cockpit...

Could you pleaes post the screenshot with the right postion that you mentioned?

Thank you!

You are zooming out way too much, you are definitely going to get fisheye effect.

So is it normal? but seems the 21:9 can not wide the horizon, but distort the cockpit...

Could you pleaes post the screenshot with the right postion that you mentioned?

Thank you!

Fisheyes effect is related to fov, I'm flying​ zoom out at maximum and do not see any fisheye distortion. Edited by 307_Tomcat

The sides of the screen will distort the image a bit. Fisheye is not the right term really.

If you look toward one of the sides, the wings look normal. As you start looking towards the cockpit center, the wing on the side of the screen will start looking bigger and bigger.

Its just a FOV thing, not a big deal for me.

The sides of the screen will distort the image a bit. Fisheye is not the right term really.

If you look toward one of the sides, the wings look normal. As you start looking towards the cockpit center, the wing on the side of the screen will start looking bigger and bigger.

Its just a FOV thing, not a big deal for me.

But I dont know whether have you noticed that, the 21:9 in BOS can not let you see more view on the both of the screen, in my mind, a 21:9 screen can bring me more scenes than the 16:9.

The 21:9 in BOS just seems like a 16:9 scenes been widened.

Do you have this problem? 

Now I know what's your mean, hahaha

you can see the 2 pictures below, are they weird?

May be the BOS can not support the 21:9 monitor?

weird view

post-24612-0-86709900-1494852349_thumb.jpg

post-24612-0-55099900-1494852363_thumb.jpg

But I dont know whether have you noticed that, the 21:9 in BOS can not let you see more view on the both of the screen, in my mind, a 21:9 screen can bring me more scenes than the 16:9.

The 21:9 in BOS just seems like a 16:9 scenes been widened.

Do you have this problem?

It sounds like you are using 1080p res, which is getting stretched.

Are you sure you have 3440x1440 in the graphics settings?

Have used a 21:9 monitor with BoS for years, have never noticed any serious fisheye. To be honest I'm not sure what problem is being observed here.

Are you using a proper 21:9 resolution?

Edited by Custard

comparison, 16:9 1080p, 21:9 3440x1440 - max zoom out, same player position in cockpit

Clod - same distortion like in BOS at 21:9 

post-18739-0-02562500-1494889854_thumb.jpg

Edited by 307_Tomcat

you will almost always get that stretching on large monitor or long setups

Considering its periferal vision does it really matter.
Just enjoy your advantage of super wide screen and extra FOV you have over 16:9 players

Well one thing that bothers me with image distortion on 21:9 screen is the extremly blurry terrain on the edges of the screen because it is in fact a very distant terrain that appears much closer due to stretching of the image. I can live with streched aeroplanes because you only notice them until you take off but that blurry terrain is up in your face during the entire time of the flight.

EDIT

And that's with terrain.cfg with 16gb set on each distance.

Edited by Ypsan

Hi guys – I too have been flying for some time with 21:9 lg monitor

Are use it not only for IL-2 but also for wings over Flanders and for rise of flight

I don't believe it is stretching the image in any of the programs but rather giving the wider field of view or more screen real estate on either side of centre and I absolutely love it ( until I get VR goggles of course :)!)

At any rate I will try and post a few screenshots later – one thing I have noticed or seem to of noticed and I am not sure if I am imagining things is that in IL2 unlike the other two programs - there does ever since one of the last mean updates relating to the VR tech seem to be more bending on the periphery when I look to a windsock or a runway tower etc - nothing I would call serious fisheye distortion but does seem to be more noticeable ???

Maybe it was always that way ???

Regards Ron

these are  the screen shots  from  ASUS PG348Q  34'' monitor , 3440X1440 , i7 6850K tintan X (p)  , all the defaults snapviews , any one could be sure the bos surport 21:9 well plz???

123115ahhwftb95c5xtt66.jpg

123115h8ebp0tzkitab338.jpg

123115aajvfgnpahvfjvff.jpg

123114mk7ofy22zbd72djl.jpg

123114se2t2iza2i9alizy.jpg

123114k1mv7781uvu55p8v.jpg

Hm interesting. I have custom pilot head position on each plane set from time I used my old 16:10 monitor. I will try zoom in a bit, maybe that will mitigate streaching on the edges.

hah new version updated anf the problem fixed . if some guys r still trust there is no problem before, so plz check the screen now ~~