Sign in to follow this  
Avyx

ESC button does not respond

Does anyone know how to fix this issue, guys ?

Sometime, the ESC button does not respond, i have to press CTRL + ALT + DEL to go to Task Manager and close the game.

Is this a bug, maybe ?

Thank you

This has been discussed in the "Tech issues and bug reports" section. Search there!

It's common. If playing on steam alt tab to steam then alt tab back to the game, then the esc key will work. Thanks to the guys who gave me this tidbit on here. Hope it helps you!

I couldn't find a fix for this issue, its happen randomly

Sometime its working just fine, sometime not

Any ideas how to fix it, please ??

Thank you

Should i try maybe to uninstall and install again the game ?

Should i try maybe to uninstall and install again the game ?

I would not do that, I have the same problem and I'm not using the Steam version, at the end of a mission I try to end it with Esc.  but it won't work.......... so I hit CNT/ALT/DEL and just hit il2 icon, X out and ESC works again and I can end the mission.  I also have problems with commands while doing campaigns.  I can get the command screen but none of the Function buttons work, so I just have to get out of commands and hope everything else works.  when exiting the game I get a window that says the game is not responding and I have to hit "OK" in the window and the game quits.  Most of this has started happening after the last two updates.  But I can work my way around most of it and keep on trucking with the mission then I'll go out and restart the game.  I have to remember to uncheck "Seed when Download is complete", because it does not stay "Unchecked" anymore. 

Cheers

Hoss

Edited by Hoss

Well, thanks for the Alt-Tab or CTRL+ALT+Canc, Task Manager tips, I've figured out them already on my own.

But the problem here is that my screen (the screen in which the game is running), stays black when I Alt-Tab into it again.

I can't see the mouse pointer anymore to go click to End Mission. Thisway the flight record is lost, as for the xp points, the downed enemies... so frustrating.

Please fix this somewhere in the future.

I can confirm it happens mostly when I give orders to wingmen, for example RTB (F7).

VGA RX480 8GB with driver Driver 17.10.3211.1031., OS Windows 7 64, Steam WITHOUT overlay enabled. TrackIR 5.

Thanks