Han

Game version 2.010 discussion: IL-2-43, New graphics features

I can definitely understand the frustration of it not working via the latest patch. I'd submit a report to the support team and see if they can either help you set something up or at least forward the issue on to the team.

I think its also necessary to be realistic about Apple's support of Windows via Bootcamp. At work we support a few people running this configuration and its fraught with difficulties because Apple writes support for their drivers to work with Windows to what our techs would consider "minimum spec." In other words... it works and most of the time it works fairly well but there are outliers and doing some high end gaming is going to be a challenge to keep working as you've discovered. IL-2 isn't the only game that recommends or demands the latest drivers to function properly.

I wish you luck! I hope you can get it to work.

Thanks a lot for your post. I agree on your call to be realistic about Apple's support. 

I did search the internet for alternative ways to install the AMD Windows 10 driver and encountered www.bootcampdrivers.com

This site contains downloads and instructions how to shortcut Bootcamp and to upgrade to the latest AMD driver.

Currently I have latest crimson 17.5.1 installed. However the problem of particle renders remains.

Perhaps the site is more useful for your work though. I won't give up on this and try to figure out if it's just a software problem. It might be that Apple alters the hardware specifications of AMD video boards, to be able to fit them in these too slim Imacs.  I will indeed ask the support team to shed some light on this. Thanks again.

Edited by Gatekeeper

Thanks a lot for your post. I agree on your call to be realistic about Apple's support. 

I did search the internet for alternative ways to install the AMD Windows 10 driver and encountered www.bootcampdrivers.com

This site contains downloads and instructions how to shortcut Bootcamp and to upgrade to the latest AMD driver.

Currently I have latest crimson 17.5.1 installed. However the problem of particle renders remains.

Perhaps the site is more useful for your work though. I won't give up on this and try to figure out if it's just a software problem. It might be that Apple alters the hardware specifications of AMD video boards, to be able to fit them in these too slim Imacs.  I will indeed ask the support team to shed some light on this. Thanks again.

Good to know! I didn't know about that site... no idea if our techs do or not. I'll pass it along! :)

It's not about MacOS as you suggest. It claims that Windows 10 is supported. My IMac, like most modern Macs runs Windows 10. 

BOM ran without any problems in Ultra mode smoothly while 2.009 was installed. The 2.010 upgrade requires third party drivers that aren't available for Boot Camp.

Because of this internet rules all policy, you can't roll back the game to the previous version and await a third party driver update.

I never use Macs so I'm not familiar with how they might try to implement ability to run Windows 10 - is it running natively or through some sort of overlay on top of the Mac OS?  And what sort of chipset does the Mac use - is it the same as the supported chipset mentioned in the requirements?

In any event, I completely agree with you about the problem with not being able (easily) to roll back and use a previous version after there has been an update.  I keep meaning to try this with BoS but haven't gotten around to it so I can't say for sure whether it works with BoS, but have you tried the "trick" that works for RoF in this regard?  Simply put, once you have a version that you like and is working for you, make a copy of that installation and set it aside - ALWAYS use the main .exe file (NOT the launcher) to start it, and ALWAYS log in "Offline" (NEVER online).  And keep a second "gold master" copy of that installation for backup, that you NEVER actually try to play at all - it's just a safety net in case you forget and start your normal backup copy the wrong way and hose it up by letting it know there's an update available.

Not a perfect solution, but one that will at least allow you to continue playing some SP missions (and PWCG etc.) on a working older version until you can get drivers or whatever you need to make the newer version workable again.  At least hard disk storage is dirt cheap these days so it's not really a problem to keep a few extra copies of the game on your disk to make your life easier in this regard.

Edited by TG-55Panthercules

Thanks very much for the update.

I like the way the hit strikes are depicted now; a real improvement.

I have a GTX780, still with the old stable driver 368.81.

Since the update, this old driver is not stable anymore, I had again D3D Error: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED.

-> Should we, 780 owners, update to the latest NVIDIA Driver ? That would be great.

PS : and if yes, maybe update the announcement there.

:salute:

I have a GTX780, still with the old stable driver 368.81.

Since the update, this old driver is not stable anymore, I had again D3D Error: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED.

-> Should we, 780 owners, update to the latest NVIDIA Driver ? That would be great.

I use 780tis in SLI. 368.81 is no longer stable for me either after 2.010, but the up-to-date 382.05 driver seems to work for me!

Some people are having different results, though. I'd recommend checking out the specific thread on the 780 issue in the hardware section.

There is nothing wrong with the translation. The Game does not know that damage can be done by blast so they use splinter to simulate the blast effects. Its a simple workaround to simulate the german Mine-shell in game. Since the player cant see the splinter thats no problem and a good way to implement the Mine-shell.

OK, I see. Thanks for the explanation.

I have a GTX780, still with the old stable driver 368.81.

Since the update, this old driver is not stable anymore, I had again D3D Error: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED.

Yep, the 368.61 drivers do not work with my 780 now since the last date... However, nvidia's most recent driver has now made my installation stable again...

Still haven't been able to sit down and get the new AMD drivers squared away but I've flown around a bit to check out the other updates. I have to say those tree shadows, clouds and sharp landscape effects make the maps look way better! This is an awesome update! Hopefully tomorrow I will have time to sit around and get my graphics drivers updated so I can check out the new smoke and explosion effects.

Hello guys, i want to ask about the "VR" setting in Options.

What is that? It is only for VR owners? Is graphic better a lot with this setting on? Are you using it even if you don't have a VR glasses?
Thank you for your tips... ( I am still trying to find best graphic settings after new patch)

I had to set the dx11 line manually to 0x000005. We have to wait for next driver update to get the number that should be there by default.

That didnt help anything. Now cards use is all over the place and it makes horrible stuttering. Still one card gives smoother gameplay.

And i all so have this problem that Ai planes dont listen me. They do what they want. Hope it will be fixed soon. I love this game and i want to take most of it, so it would be fantastic if it works  :biggrin:

Edited by Jarza
  • Upvote 1

That didnt help anything. Now cards use is all over the place and it makes horrible stuttering. Still one card gives smoother gameplay.

And i all so have this problem that Ai planes dont listen me. They do what they want. Hope it will be fixed soon. I love this game and i want to take most of it, so it would be fantastic if it works  :biggrin:

The AI issue we've reported to the devs. I'm sure they will have a fix along soon.

Don't forget that Dev are in holliday till wednesday, if i remember a message from Jason. ;)

Edited by Habu

Don't forget that Dev are in holliday till wednesday, i i remember a message from Jason. ;)

Pretty sure that was last week...

Hello guys, i want to ask about the "VR" setting in Options.

What is that? It is only for VR owners? Is graphic better a lot with this setting on? Are you using it even if you don't have a VR glasses?

Thank you for your tips... ( I am still trying to find best graphic settings after new patch)

That is only if one has a VR headset, like Oculus Rift or HTC Vive.

• Upvote 1

Mirrors. Gosh, they are rather splendid. kept trying to see myself in them. Superb.

• Upvote 2

I had about an hour to fly over the weekend - certainly missed it!

• I must say that I'm incredibly pleased with the new locational damage effects - they look absolutely superb and its great being able to hear myself being shot at! Who would have thought such a small adjustment could make such a difference?
  • The new mirrors turned out much better than I could have ever imagined (there are still some "optimization quirks" like not being able to see the armored glass behind your head in the Yak 1-B [details like this are yuge to me]) but their functionality and appearance are great.
  • Had a quick run at the IL-2 Mod. 43 and gee whiz, that thing is blazing fast on the deck! The PTABs are really cool even if I only managed to knock out a single StuG with 240 of them. 
  • A few graphics settings have come out in the last couple patches that I haven't been able to play with - now that I have, things are looking great! The new texture filtering options are a welcomed addition and I hope we continue to see expanded graphic setting offerings coming out.
  • The minor DM revisions are nice! AP is still a little nuclear and MGeschoss is comprised of more than splinter/shrapnel damage but there is always room for improvement.

Overall, 10/10. Good work boys!

• Upvote 1

Re: Note#160

TG-55Panthercules

ShamrockOneFive

Thanks for your responses. I had bought BOK, so I have the new aircraft and found the mirrors. I also read somewhere in the Forum that BOK won't appear on Steam until it is officially released.

Thanks again,

jlan5031

Yep, the 368.61 drivers do not work with my 780 now since the last date... However, nvidia's most recent driver has now made my installation stable again...

Still no problem ? My first flight after I updated the driver, crash after 25min (multiplayer, random expert server).

So 2.010 just made BoS/M/K unplayable for me.

I am quite... sad :)

Yes RobCarter, I also noticed it on the poor 780 owners dedicated thread 

Edited by -IRRE-LeLong

Where do I find my tacview files? What is the default save location for them?

I found them in the 'Tracks' folder, I presume they are saved along with the mission track when you 'record'.

Still no problem ? My first flight after I updated the driver, crash after 25min (multiplayer, random expert server).

So 2.010 just made BoS/M/K unplayable for me.

I am quite... sad :)

Yes RobCarter, I also noticed it on the poor 780 owners dedicated thread

Well that is one crash...give it some more tries. Others have reported to new 780 drivers work fine for them.

Good morning everyone.
After Installing patch 2,010 I can't see rear mirrors or P40E1 or Yak 1B.
I have to do some setting? My artwork is on high.
Thanks in advance Hello Antonio

It's an option to be chosen from tne list of P 40 settings.

Hope it helps.

Good morning everyone.

After Installing patch 2,010 I can't see rear mirrors or P40E1 or Yak 1B.

I have to do some setting? My artwork is

on high.

Thanks in advance Hello Antonio

Mirror is a plane mod. You have to choose it before the mission.

Salutations,

AI wingman performance was messed up with this patch! :unsure: 

They will not follow any orders and do not react to anything on their own. They simply follow the lead craft like a little puppy. They won't even defend themselves. Useless now.

Please fix.

• Upvote 1

Finally got my graphic drivers sorted. Love the new hit effects. It's a lot easier to hit targets now when I fly German.

Great work as always!

I also had the problem that there was heavy stuttering after this patch, eventhough  frames are always above 50.

Graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 7950.

I tried a lot of different settings, the only possiblity to get rid of the stutters was to reduce Distant Landscape Detail from x3 to x4.

Edited by Comes

I have had a slight fps hit but I imagine it's because I have all the graphic settings maxed.

2.010 hotfix

- Wingmen and gunners functionality restored

Great!

Thanks for the quick fix  :salute:

Edit: Tried with a stock campaign mission, fix is working as it should  :)

Edited by Zami

2.010 hotfix

Thank you so much!!

2.010 hotfix

Just flew a couple missions in my Stalingrad campaign I have going, all wingmen performed properly.

Thanks again for the quick fix!

Did some test with the BF110 BK3,7 yesterday.

Now you need 1,3 seconds between each shot to be accurate. Its not the skill of the Pilot anymore it's the RNG jesus where the prayers go.

As if ground attacking isn't hard enough -.-

Did some test with the BF110 BK3,7 yesterday.

Now you need 1,3 seconds between each shot to be accurate. Its not the skill of the Pilot anymore

The BK 3.7 was not a success with the Bf 110, so if it's like that in the game, then things are being represented correctly.

Edited by LukeFF

Do you have to reload it manually or something? I can only ever fire a single shot and nothing more.

Do you have to reload it manually or something? I can only ever fire a single shot and nothing more.

You can fire a full cartridge (handful of rounds). Then manually reload (your gunner does it technically).