Quax

Interview with Erich

Erich%20Interview_zpskkzcjis6.jpeg

Flyingheritage does have an interview with my friend Erich online. Some may remember the interview with him, I uploaded some time ago on this forum.

They have an english transcription running along the video. Together with some episodes he talks about the 109, 190 and D9. He did as well fly 

out of Stalingrad at the controls of a JU52.

http://video.flyingheritage.com/v/116079427/feldwebel-erich-brunotte.htm

• Upvote 4

Can't believe this man is 91, had to grin all the time. His beautiful slang ("Pott" - special multi-cultural mixture of the Ruhr-area), what a luck there's this record. Here's a special about the Fw-190 D-9 with him:

Edited by 216th_Retnek
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i have 4 more unreleased videos of him translated on my harddrive....ED has them for a couple of months now already, and if they dont release them soon, i guess i will just upload them to youtube and post them here as well..

Please remember that any document which is under copyright will be deleted from this forums. No copyright breaking, sorry.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

On 5/7/2017 at 8:48 PM, 216th_Retnek said:

Can't believe this man is 91, had to grin all the time. His beautiful slang ("Pott" - special multi-cultural mixture of the Ruhr-area), what a luck there's this record. Here's a special about the Fw-190 D-9 with him:

One nice detail is the Hanhart single-pusher chronograph he is wearing, which is either a replica or the originally issued Luftwaffe pilot's watch.

Tutima (then called UROFA) and Hanhart were the two original contractors.

Both had asymmetric twin pushers - Hanhart had the upper pusher, Tutima had the lower pusher asymmetric to the crown and the other pusher (you'll see it when you google for pictures). There was also a single-pusher design.

You can buy Hanhart and Tutima watches with similar features today - Hanhart offers the original asymmetric pusher design and even the single-pusher design.

Tutima has replaced it's line some time ago, but you might be lucky on ebay. They're reasonably priced for mechanical watches.

An original Hanhart or UROFA will put you back roughly 6000-9000€.

/Trivia

Another detail that the subtitles haven't caught is that he seems to have been a crop-duster after the war. Can anybody confirm this?

He probably has tons of stories to share.

7 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

One nice detail is the Hanhart single-pusher chronograph he is wearing, which is either a replica or the originally issued Luftwaffe pilot's watch.

That's an original Hanhart. In some other place, he talks about wearing it while swimming in the postwar era, until his family cautioned him against doing that. :)

Wish I could own a Hanhart, but I'll settle for my replica Laco I received from my parents back in 2005 for making it safely home from Iraq. 

Edited by LukeFF
  • Like 1