Developer Diary, Part 157 - Discussion

It would be great with old black and white, shaky movie style like in the real guncam footage. But I have no idea how difficult that would be to implement. Sorry for my ignorance :P

I use the old Movie Maker to make my movies but unfortunately, I lack that effect! :(

You can get the Guncam DLC for MovieMaker for just $9.99/month. XD

Sounds very nice.

"One of them is the BB-1 mechanical aiming sight we told you about in the past Dev Blog"

If we will have new aiming sight to IL-2 how about the Stuvi to Ju-88.

1943 Ju-88 A4 has been equipped with the STUVI!

• Upvote 1

Looks like another great update on the way from this amazing team!

Han wrote "The fourth feature is the reserve pilot-gunner light signaling equipment that will function in the game in general combat situations." Can someone give more details on what this feature is. Thanks!

At the moment, the common AFR rendering technique is incompatible with VR because of the additional delay it causes. Graphics drivers disable it in VR mode.

OK thx for infos Sneaksie...Otherwise I would have bought me a second card tomorrow;)

I hope the problem can be solved soon ....

Technology is quite different, I'm not sure if that is possible, also I would find it rather awkward to remove/add a morror in flight.

Not talking about the mirrors… Gun cam view

Technology is quite different, I'm not sure if that is possible, also I would find it rather awkward to remove/add a morror in flight.

Not talking about the mirrors… Gun cam view

Referring to being able to toggle gun camera view, not mirrors.

all nice improvements to the sim and a generally nice DD, but i was really hoping for a FM rudder fix update, telling us more in detail what we can expect, and especially when its going to be released...

Boy, talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth?  **me trying to see the horse's teeth over your shoulder**  :o:

Thanks for another really interesting Dev Diary Han.  Hope you and the Team have a happy holiday :salute:

Must say the news of PTAB's is a really nice surprise and this;

One other small item not mentioned n this DD is that the particle processing method that we had to remove because of AMD card issues with it has been restored. So particle effects should not be such a big hit on FPS. Helps both nvidia and AMD cards.

Jason

Is really good news too.  As is this;

PTABs are very fun to use and are definitely an effective weapon. I nailed a Panzer IV with one on my first attempt in beta testing. :)

Hmmm...Beta testers already have a new version.  Does this mean we can look forward to an update next week if things go smoothly? :)

All good stuff, I really liked using the IL2 bomblets in the original (not knowing what the white arcs on the fuselage were for). Will be even better now knowing how to aim them.

Roll on the Kuban map, looking really good.

Once again well done devs.

Got a short time with the new beta. The mirrors work great. I don't see a huge hit on performance yet. You can choose Off-Simple-Medium-Complex. I think you're gonna like them.

Jason

Eggs Celent

Got a short time with the new beta. The mirrors work great. I don't see a huge hit on performance yet. You can choose Off-Simple-Medium-Complex. I think you're gonna like them.

Jason

No performance hit with mirrors on simple, medium or complex?

Wonderful update as usual! Thanks!