[APAF]spartan85

Anyone got a spare graphics card? Mine's toast!

Hey all! I know this is rather pathetic but was using my pc and suddenly the screek blacked and went into a constant reboot..

Gutted it out, cleaned all components, checked for any visual damage, ran it up but the screen was distorted and rebooted in cycles.

Tried with motherboard graphics and loaded fine.

I suppose I'm asking if anyone who's upgraded their machine and has a card (preferably nvidia 760 or higher) and isn't using it, could donate it to me?

Yes I know I could probably just go by a new one but finances are tight at the moment, it's literally food or rent at the moment.

Anyway, this sim is really my only escape from reality so if someone could help out it would be much apreciated.

Thank you and happy landings gents!

Edited by spartan85

How olds your card? My card just bricked but was still under the 3 year warranty.

Its old, gotta be over 5 years, waaaay passed Warranty plus over clocking. But I never had it maxed to over heating. It has served me well.

Heck I can't even remember where I got It from

Edited by spartan85

Precision x just blew my 780 ti kingpin. Im lucky it was under warranty. EVGA actually coveres OCld cards aslong as you use their software.

Personally, man, as much as I know it sucks, you'll probably be pinching pennies for a new 1060. Look for them in evgas b stock and refurbished cards. A refurbished graphics card sees much more care than a non-refurbished card that never gets tested.

Craigslist, also. Maybe you'll get lucky! GL

Ya mines an EVGA too and was using precision as well.. Refurbished eh? Sounds reasonable, hopefully i'll have some luck

Yea, man, Im gearing up to get a new card my self over the next few months. Shooting for an 10 series upgrade. If you're looking for as low as a 760, you should look at refurbished 1050s or low end 9 series. AMD also if you want to save a few bucks.

AMD dumped a bunch of mid to low end cards for a good price this season.

100 bucks on an amd card and you'll be right back in the fight.

Edited by Nunz

"Your product is out of warranty" no luck :(

Well Nunz, suppose I'm in the same boat as you thenter :) few months and I hope

BTW is there a way to run diagnotic to see if pci-e port is working properly,

It would be funny to by a new card only to find I need a new motherboard

Edited by spartan85

Well it would be really cool to see someone come through for you. I wouldn't be surprised in this type of community. Good luck!

OK then, Newegg.com has some refurbished 10 series 1050ti is at $180 , a 1060 for $320 , and a 1070 for $484.. all evga

OK compared to a gtx760 what would be the one to aim for???

Spartan,

If you don't find an affordable alternative, I have a GTX970 that I am happy to send you.  

S~

• Upvote 3

Good God man?! Toxin1 really? I wI'll take it with no hesitation! You'd honestly be doing me a service

1050 ti is easily a replacement for the 760. Id aim for a 1060 6gig depending on you budget but a 970^^^ is hell on offer for free, too.

Send me a PM with your details.  :salute:

• Upvote 2

I just sold my 970!dirt cheap on EBay.

A week earlier and I'd have shipped it to you.

Guys you're not gonna believe this but my kidney just gave out. If anyone could see their way clear to sending me one of their spare kidneys I would be eternally grateful...

Seriously toxin1 good karma man!  

while we at it, can i get a 4790k too please :)

my shitty G3258 is slow  :wacko:

I just sold my 970!dirt cheap on EBay.

A week earlier and I'd have shipped it to you.

And if you have mentioned that earlier I'd get it so I could throw my 760 out of the window for its loud fans and toasty vrams. I'd not mind an AMD card as well, any nice gpu while waiting for Vega suits me lol 

And if you have mentioned that earlier I'd get it so I could throw my 760 out of the window for its loud fans and toasty vrams. I'd not mind an AMD card as well, any nice gpu while waiting for Vega suits me lol 

I still have my old GTX980. Interested? I don't want much for it. I wanted to use it for my second system, but it's to big.

Grt M

Thanks for the offer Mart, I will think about that. Maybe if I had this opportunity earlier it would be even easier since I'm going for a few days to Netherlands, near Diessen. 

Hmmm, do I sense the need for a new section to this forum?

The hardware exchange section. Where people can post needs and excess hardware they are willing to sell.

• Upvote 1

Good God what have I done

Well you know how it is, you have a setup, you upgrade, then you're left with a load of stuff that is still good but have no use for.

The hardware exchange section. Where people can post needs and excess hardware they are willing to sell.

A great idea!

Good God what have I done

Well you know how it is, you have a setup, you upgrade, then you're left with a load of stuff that is still good but have no use for.

Yep - that 970 was still a legit card - just couldn't push 4K. I imagine I'll let my 1080 go fairly cheap in a few years.

I have two GTX970s that I'm looking to get rid of if your first donation falls through.

Thanks for the offer Mart, I will think about that. Maybe if I had this opportunity earlier it would be even easier since I'm going for a few days to Netherlands, near Diessen. 

PM me if you are interested. I work not to far from Diessen, so that might have been easy, but i can't imagine that sending it through mail will be very expensive. 

Grt M

Spartan,
If you don't find an affordable alternative, I have a GTX970 that I am happy to send you.  
S~

Dang. Man of the year. Period.

36 pages of beg threads!

"My cat died and I can't afford a 1080ti after the funeral costs."

"I stubbed my toe and I've been out of work for two months - pls donate card."

Etc.

:lol:

Well actually Space_Ghost, since you mentioned it I am looking to upgrade my motherboard, cpu, ssd, case, ram, audio, monitor,

Just a few things

Wrote this to EVGA about a DOA graphics card I got:

"I just wanted to say thank you for the service. I understand that a company like EVGA and the labor behind it are all very skilled professionals. I believe in the little guy behind the product and know that this wasn't intentional. These things happen and I hope all your guys behind the scenes are given credit for the amount of great products that are tested, boxed and shipped. I know Im just one of the few exceptions and hope that this blame falls on the fact that  no-one can be 100% in regards to costumer service. Im sure all your guys put in the effort though. Happy season and thanks for the personal service. I appreciate it especially on an almost 3 year old card and rma. "

This was their response: "

Hello,

I am contacting you today with further support options on your recent RMA card which was received DOA.

Instead of the standard RMA options, I would like to offer you a complimentary Advanced RMA ( https://www.evga.com/support/ear/ ).

With the Advanced RMA we will also upgrade the 780 Ti to a 1080 Classified edition

If you have already shipped the 780 Ti into EVGA I will upgrade the shipping speed to 2 day shipping and you will still receive the 1080 Classified replacement.

Please let me know and I will be happy to work with you further.

Thank you"

Appreciate good business guys. There are very hard workers behind the scene. Thank you EVGA.

Guest deleted@30725

If you don't ask you don't get. The worst people can say is no so you loose nothing by asking. If people want to give it's their stuff to give whatever anyone else may think. I personally wouldn't, but then I'm just a scrooge when it comes to money.