Dead is Dead  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a dead is dead tournament?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, but only if I can still fly as a gunner if killed / captured

JG1 is toying with the idea of a DID tournament for Bof...

This is just me trying to see if there is any interest.

Edited by II./JG1_Vonrd
  • Upvote 1

I'd give it a go, but with my track record I wouldn't be around for very long.

• Upvote 2

I'd give it a go, but with my track record I wouldn't be around for very long.

That's what the gunner option is for. You can continue to participate as long as you want but only as a gunner in a multi seat aircraft.

Well this could be interesting! (and end very fast!)

pls contact me if you organize something or plan to!

can bring some players also!

Heavy respawn options with streak focused stats could be a better option tough!

we all like to fly and being killed will end in jsut frustration in a DID tournament!

You might want to clarify what you mean by Dead is Dead exactly and in what context it might occur.

Hi All,

To bump this thread, and clarify a bit what Vonrd was asking back in April of last year:

JG1 currently organizes the Flanders In Flames Online War (FIF) for Rise of Flight.  You can find information on this event here:

http://forum.jg1.org/forum/14-flanders-in-flames-online-war/

FIF is basically a weekly 2-hour event that is run "full switch" and "dead is dead".

By "full switch" we mean that the event is run at maximum game difficulty.  And by "dead is dead", we mean that each pilot only has a single life during each 2-hour session.  If the pilot is killed or captured during that session, they're out for the night.  However, FIF also has a rule that says a downed player has unlimited "gunner" lives.  This means they can take control of turrets on friendly aircraft, and continue to assist their teammates, even after they're KIA or POW.

It's run very similar to the way the old Ghost Skies Tournament was (for IL-2:1946).

It's this style of event that JG1 would very much like to bring to IL-2: Battles, as this is the style of play that JG1 is most used to.

Is there an interest for an event like this?

If so, post below with any questions.  And vote above.

Thanks!

Edited by Stab/JG1_Klaiber
  • Upvote 1

Hi Klaiber! What you're trying to do is very similar to Friday Night Bomber Flights, with the exception that in FNBF if a pilot is killed within the first 25 minutes of the mission's start they are allowed to respawn.

Judging by how popular FNBF is there is definitely a lot of interest in the community for this kind of event so bring it on! :)

Hi All,

To bump this thread, and clarify a bit what Vonrd was asking back in April of last year:

JG1 currently organizes the Flanders In Flames Online War (FIF) for Rise of Flight.  You can find information on this event here:

http://forum.jg1.org/forum/14-flanders-in-flames-online-war/

FIF is basically a weekly 2-hour event that is run "full switch" and "dead is dead".

By "full switch" we mean that the event is run at maximum game difficulty.  And by "dead is dead", we mean that each pilot only has a single life during each 2-hour session.  If the pilot is killed or captured during that session, they're out for the night.  However, FIF also has a rule that says a downed player has unlimited "gunner" lives.  This means they can take control of turrets on friendly aircraft, and continue to assist their teammates, even after they're KIA or POW.

It's run very similar to the way the old Ghost Skies Tournament was (for IL-2:1946).

It's this style of event that JG1 would very much like to bring to IL-2: Battles, as this is the style of play that JG1 is most used to.

Is there an interest for an event like this?

If so, post below with any questions.  And vote above.

Thanks!

What days/time of day ( GMT ) will these missions run?

Heck yeah, you better bet I'm ready to accidentally shoot a teammate and die in under 5 minutes from crashing :-)

Hi All,

Sorry for not getting back to you all sooner.

We're still very much in the development phase of things.  Most of the reason why I bumped this was because we wanted to know if there were other groups out there with similar interests to our squadron.  Now that we know that there are, we're definitely excited about the possibilities.

If we were going to run a tournament for BoX, it would be an international one.  Much like our Flanders In Flames tournament is for Rise of Flight.  We'd either have specific North American and European flight times.  Or, we'd meet on the weekend sometime, at a neutral time that would be good for both sides of the Atlantic.  I think it would depend on how many people were involved.

Hope this helps answer questions.  And I promise to post back when we have more information. :)

• Upvote 1

Just a bump. We are working on a WWII DID event and it is currently in testing.

There will for sure be a WWI event as soon as FC becomes mature enough to do so.

• Like 1