This makes me happy, I might actually buy a CoD game again. 

I was never into that future soldier stuff.

And revisiting WWII with current tech is something I waited for long time.

:salute:

The FM of those Stuka's seems a bit off.

Is it still a rail shooter?  By the way, love that graphic Sokol.  The look on that dude's face is priceless.

What do you mean by rail shooter?

It's never been a rail shooter. The levels were always linear, yes, but you can control your character's movement through the level. Well excluding parts of the campaign where you'd be in a vehicle being driven by another character.

If you're looking for a good campaign, those are a thing of the past for most FPS. COD will always focus on MP.

Guest deleted@30725

I hate to say it, but people must be idiots for buying this garbage over and over.

And... didn't they already do this? In the first or second version? So they're just re-recycling their old work again?

Edited by deleted@30725

Their line of reasoning isn't hard to work out. After seeing their last effort, with its star citizen "inspired" space shooting didn't sell as well as they thought, they looked at Battlefield WWI's success and decided to copy that. Being strangers to innovation and feeling a degree of caution, they decided to play it safe and go with Normandy once again. A couple of dvds of Band of Brothers get distributed among the game designers as reasearch and they are good to go.

• Upvote 3

I want to be excited but just cant. WWII games and micro transactions just sounds horrible.

I guess we will never go back to the times where a game shipped complete, without millions of DLC and upgrades, cosmetic packs etc.

I'm OK with expansions, but many games are abusing the DLC monetization strategy and shipping crippled games that only feel complete if you pay for some DLC.

• Upvote 1

I hate to say it, but people must be idiots for buying this garbage over and over.

And... didn't they already do this? In the first or second version? So they're just re-recycling their old work again?

Lol Hilarious that you're saying that on the "revamp of il2" forum. Didn't someone already do a ww2 flight sim before? They're just re-cycling someone else's old work again. Come on man.

If it keeps the original formula of no power ups I'll be buying it. Say what you like about the franchise but I, and looking at the MP numbers, a very large amount of gamers had a lot of good times playing the originals. I had hours and hours of good times online in CoD and maybe 10 minutes of enjoyment online with BoX. Maybe, just maybe, if the flight sim community weren't so up their own ar$es, not just about the genre but also about their chosen preference of franchise within it, it wouldn't be such a tiny, tiny market. Y'all are snobs, it's hilariously pathetic.

• Upvote 1

I mean, if it works, it ain't stupid.... Going back to the same setting isn't bad in of itself and you can't really say they're recycling as all the work will have to be redone. It's not like they can copy pasta work from CoD 1/2/WaW

Now as far as their fans being idiots, I partly agree. However not because they're "recycling", but rather because I don't feel like people that purchase their games evaluate the game at all before purchasing. Then once they find out it's mediocre, instead of admitting they made a bad purchase, they instead defend the series so they won't be "wrong".

Their line of reasoning isn't hard to work out. After seeing their last effort, with its star citizen "inspired" space shooting didn't sell as well as they thought, they looked at Battlefield WWI's success and decided to copy that. Being strangers to innovation and feeling a degree of caution, they decided to play it safe and go with Normandy once again. A couple of dvds of Band of Brothers get distributed among the game designers as reasearch and they are good to go.

This is hilarious, because it's the most logical explanation lol

I can't blame them for wanting to go back to pre-1950 after BF1 success, though

Edited by 71st_AH_Scojo

Not going to touch another COD or BF game with a thousand meter pole ever.

This repetitive shitware has done nothing but drive innovation out and restructure the industry in all the wrong ways.

BF1 Multiplayer isn't the worst thing in the world and can be entertaining once in a while. it's the singleplayer that was absolute garbage for me. But in all honesty, when it comes to shooters i like the oldskool stuff like Doom and Quake. Not the shoot, get hurt, get to cover to recover and shoot again gameplay. 

Grt M

I'll hold off until a big sale, even though I'm glad they are going back to ww2. I just personally think the CoD multiplayer is overrated. Sure 10-15 years ago it was great but Battlefield and Squad have outdone them with huge maps and vehicles. I enjoy that style of gameplay much better than CoD.

• Upvote 3

Not going to touch another COD or BF game with a thousand meter pole ever.

This repetitive shitware has done nothing but drive innovation out and restructure the industry in all the wrong ways.

+1

All that stuff is crap nowadays... I bought BF1 and played it maybe 4 times.

This new CoD looks like a direct ripoff of Shaving Ryan's Privates.

Edited by Professor1942

Their line of reasoning isn't hard to work out. After seeing their last effort, ... they looked at Battlefield WWI's success and decided to copy that. Being strangers to innovation and feeling a degree of caution, they decided to play it safe and go with Normandy once again. A couple of dvds of Band of Brothers get distributed among the game designers as reasearch and they are good to go.

Most likely not. A title like that usually has a production cycle of ~20 months, and Battlefield 1 has been out for six. That means CoD WW2 has been in development for ~14 months before that. Probably a few months less since I assume they are re-using a fair bunch of assets as well as already having a well-tuned engine for the game, but the point is that it was put into produciton WAY before Battlefield 1 was released. It's not strange that they are making a WW2 game either way though. They've been milking Modern Warfare for ages now, and it kind'a just was time for another WW2-CoD anyway, for whomever is interested of playing what seems like a bad (but prettier) version of Call of Duty 2.

BF1 Multiplayer isn't the worst thing in the world and can be entertaining once in a while. it's the singleplayer that was absolute garbage for me. But in all honesty, when it comes to shooters i like the oldskool stuff like Doom and Quake. Not the shoot, get hurt, get to cover to recover and shoot again gameplay. 

Grt M

Verdun > BF1

https://www.polygon.com/2017/4/26/15438184/call-of-duty-wwii-trailer-reveal-diversity

As someone that thinks the entire franchise is a heaping garbage pile, it doesn't negate the fact that the article in its entirety is absolute and utter nonsense. Could the developers have, for example, explored segregated American (black) units that fought in the ETO? Yeah. Could they have chosen the French North-African Legion? Sure. Perhaps a mission or two as a female spy in the British SOE tossed behind enemy lines? Why not.

But they didn't, instead Activision and Sledgehammer decided to focus on the 1st Infantry Division as their story centerpiece. A historically segregated military unit of the time, period. To force diversification for no other reason than to do it, to be PC and inclusive for the sake of SJW's everywhere is not only disrespectful to those that served, but is also nothing more than an attempt at whitewashing history and is just utterly absurd. Polygon...what a fuckin' joke.

• Upvote 2

Both CoD and BF have been called out on racism the last few years since they went 10 years straight of having the player play a white character slaughtering endless waves of Arabs and Latinos. It's not at all surprising artificial diversity got forced in.

I'll look forward to watching the nominations for the next round of video game awards...

"Private!  Get your fat trans-sexual minority ass up there and retrieve those bangalores!  And don't give me any more crap about your disability and how its a Jewish holiday.  Now snap out of that hangdog gangsta-pose and MOVE!!"

• Upvote 1
Guest deleted@30725

I don't see any women fighting the war. I thought we were all about equality these days. They should have women going to war with the men. It's for equal rights sake. Where are the gay and lesbian soldiers. Why are there no fat and disabled soldiers. We're all about equality and this should be reflected in video games. I'm so glad to see black people in ww2, but the rest. C'mon, male only infantry. That's not equality and equal rights. It's also offensive that all the men are good looking and have toned bodies. That's not a real representation of society and what real people are like.

I don't see any women fighting the war. I thought we were all about equality these days. They should have women going to war with the men. It's for equal rights sake. Where are the gay and lesbian soldiers. Why are there no fat and disabled soldiers. We're all about equality and this should be reflected in video games. I'm so glad to see black people in ww2, but the rest. C'mon, male only infantry. That's not equality and equal rights. It's also offensive that all the men are good looking and have toned bodies. That's not a real representation of society and what real people are like.

To be fair, I'm sure there were homosexuals that fought, they just obviously hid their sexual orientation.

Also the fat soldiers are in the Air Force... *ducks*

Yeah i heard of it, but to me it looks a bit indie...? That's not a negative, but for me a FPS doesn't have to be super realistic. Fun will do. 

Grt M

Buy it on sale and check it out. It's constantly improving, it's "indie" but doesn't play like an "indie" game and it has a nice balance between realism and fun.

Everybody having an SMG or HMG is neither realistic nor fun for a WWI game. BF1 plays the same as Black Ops, BF4 or any of the other "modern" BF games.

Edited by Space_Ghost

Buy it on sale and check it out. It's constantly improving, it's "indie" but doesn't play like an "indie" game and it has a nice balance between realism and fun.

Everybody having an SMG or HMG is neither realistic nor fun for a WWI game. BF1 plays the same as Black Ops, BF4 or any of the other "modern" BF games.

I will put it on my steam wishlist for the upcoming sales. Yes LMG and SMG overload do hamper BF quiet a bit. But all in all i think it's a fun game.

Grt M

It will probably have a 3-4 hour (run on rails) SP "Champaign" with the MP experience consisting of bunny hopping level 50 (on day one)  numpties equipped with "hacks" 

Why can't we just get probably what was the best WWII shooter ever just updated? This was when EA made decent games.

Don't forget weapon attachments and skins

A golden BAR with a suppressor and a primitive NV scope?!

Do you think I can spend USD on unlocking a box magazine attachment too? 80 rounds of unrelenting .30-06 sounds sweet!

And don't get me started about P-47 CAS drops...

• Upvote 2

A golden BAR with a suppressor and a primitive NV scope?!

Do you think I can spend USD on unlocking a box magazine attachment too? 80 rounds of unrelenting .30-06 sounds sweet!

But this is exactly what those millions of teenagers that buy COD's (and BF's) want. :)

I can't imagine a thing more idiot that phosphorescent "skins in weapons, but CS players like this - and bet good amount of real money in weapons skins.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/18510975/how-counter-strike-turned-teenager-compulsive-gambler

"... two knife skins that he saw a professional player use on Twitch -- a Karambit Doppler and an M9 Bayonet Doppler. They cost a combined $900,... purchases totaling US$ 8.365..."

Edited by Sokol1
Guest deleted@30725

Lol Hilarious that you're saying that on the "revamp of il2" forum. Didn't someone already do a ww2 flight sim before? They're just re-cycling someone else's old work again. Come on man.

If it keeps the original formula of no power ups I'll be buying it. Say what you like about the franchise but I, and looking at the MP numbers, a very large amount of gamers had a lot of good times playing the originals. I had hours and hours of good times online in CoD and maybe 10 minutes of enjoyment online with BoX. Maybe, just maybe, if the flight sim community weren't so up their own ar$es, not just about the genre but also about their chosen preference of franchise within it, it wouldn't be such a tiny, tiny market. Y'all are snobs, it's hilariously pathetic.

I just want a modern forgotten hope 2 :( - But nobody wants that. Everyone wants to play an action movie and the game makers want to make you level, grind, unlock and pay for stuff after you buy game to use player as cash cow and spit on players payment for game.

I can dream... I can... ..dream :bye:

Edited by deleted@30725

I just want a modern forgotten hope 2 :( - But nobody wants that. Everyone wants to play an action movie and the game makers want to make you level, grind, unlock and pay for stuff after you buy game to use player as cash cow and spit on players payment for game.

Ohhh. Forgotten Hope. Now THAT was a good mod. Best thing ever to happen to BF 1942.