Eastern Front? US?

Will there be a Western front at any point? Like the US/Brit vs Germany. For instance the P-51, P-38, P-47, B-17 and B-24. Germany having the 410, 190D, 109G/K and so forth.

Edited by CrazyJow
Guest deleted@30725

If there are British, the game must come with at least two mandatory, exchangeable tea coupons for two cups of tea from a local retailer of applicable value.

I sure hope not.

After Pacific, I'd want the sim to go back and finish the Eastern Front with a 1944 title, and then I'd love to see them do something new, like the Battle Of France or the war in China.

I sure hope not.

After Pacific, I'd want the sim to go back and finish the Eastern Front with a 1944 title, and then I'd love to see them do something new, like the Battle Of France or the war in China.

I'm sure glad you're not one of the devs. With all your Spielberg hating decision making.

I sure hope not.

After Pacific, I'd want the sim to go back and finish the Eastern Front with a 1944 title,

To be honest Fink I think that would be the best recipe for a massive dip in sales.

I'd pay for it, even though I'd be less than thrilled by that decision. I'd support it just to support the team and whatever came next.

I think plenty of others would put the clamp on their wallet.

What we need is to move on, with more maps (Eastern Front and otherwise) happening as side projects by 3rd parties.

• Upvote 3

I want two Pacific installments, minimum.  ;)

After that, I'd not begrudge a bit of western Europe.  Rather than huge, recourse-hungry expanses from Britain to Germany, it might be worth doing smaller tactical maps like the Ardennes area, NWE or Scotland to Denmark and Norway. 

• Upvote 1

Will there be a Western front at any point? Like the US/Brit vs Germany. For instance the P-51, P-38, P-47, B-17 and B-24. Germany having the 410, 190D, 109G/K and so forth.

It would be nice, but it doesn't seem to be on the horizon.  :mellow:

BTW I love the avatar CrazyJow - Maybe you should go talk to Samson.  :lol: (I haven't seen that movie in yonks)

If there are British, the game must come with at least two mandatory, exchangeable tea coupons for two cups of tea from a local retailer of applicable value.

It wouldn't be accurate otherwise.

r0lOkwB.jpg

Malta would be my ideal, but that's probably just a dream.

I don't really get the Malta thing.

Sure, the plane set is gonna be awesome, but the map? It's forcing the Axis to choose between flying an awful long way across the sea or use air starts, and the range of historically plausible missions will be extremely limited for both sides.

I hadn't really thought of it that way.  The distance to Malta was about the same, if not much nearer than many other targets throughout the war.  Added to that much of the action tended to take place out to sea.  I always find flight distance is a tricky thing for flight sims.  Too much "flying" tends to put a lot of people off.  :unsure:   Some kind of savegame feature for SP would be a must one day.  Or perhaps the devs would make two maps.  One with Malta moved to within sight of Sicily for the multiplayer types...

The distance to Malta was about the same, if not much nearer than many other targets throughout the war. 

You're right, it's only 80km south of Sicily. In my memory it was several hundred km. 80km distance across the sea is workable, if not ideal.

I have a sense, that people generally have more patience with flying long legs on a mission, if it takes place above interesting terrain. The sea kinda puts a lot of people off. But we'll get to see, when the first Pacific installment comes out.

Another problem that I see with Malta is that it's so small, at cruise speed an Italian bomber will cross the entire main island in less than 5 mins, and the main target areas so few, that there will be too little variety for bomber pilots. They will literally be attacking the same 5-6 targets over and over again.

Malta could be a fun experience as a bonus map, but as the centerpiece of an entire chapter in the IL-2 saga, I just don't think it has enough to offer. 

I'd pay for it, even though I'd be less than thrilled by that decision. I'd support it just to support the team and whatever came next.

Funny, that was more or less my reaction to the news, that we were going to the Pacific next.

A lot of the comments I see are coming from a MP point of view. "Long flying times before the combat" Some folk just aren't that into air quake. The pacific, Malta lend themselves to some great SP campaigns. The defense of Malta wasn't a three or four day battle like Midway. It lasted 2 years. It was key to North Africa. You get air combat, bombing, ship attacks. To write it off just because one side in a MP scenario has to air start is not looking at the bigger picture.

• Upvote 2

A lot of the comments I see are coming from a MP point of view. "Long flying times before the combat" Some folk just aren't that into air quake. The pacific, Malta lend themselves to some great SP campaigns. The defense of Malta wasn't a three or four day battle like Midway. It lasted 2 years. It was key to North Africa. You get air combat, bombing, ship attacks. To write it off just because one side in a MP scenario has to air start is not looking at the bigger picture.

I'm primarily an SP guy and I hate flying over long stretches of water.

The only thing I hate more is air starts. Completely ruins it for me.

Western front is what I meant not Eastern. my apologies. I'd like to see formations of 17's and 24's that I can attack with 190d, 109G/K and 262

You say that, but with as much whining as there is about gunners in the current sim, the forums would be flooded with cry babies in a sim with that setting.

Western front is what I meant not Eastern. my apologies. I'd like to see formations of 17's and 24's that I can attack with 190d, 109G/K and 262

This is what I want to see. I wanna be a bomber pilot preferably of a B-24.

I've never liked the eastern front, it's just not interesting to me. I dislike Russian aircraft and I don't like flying German aircraft much either, British and American aircraft are where my interest lie.

I'm happy they are going to the Pacific next but I really hope they go to western Europe eventually. France or Italy would be my number 1 choices because then I could fly some nice land based aircraft like the Jug or Stang, and hopefully some heavies like the Lib.

Edited by Legioneod
  • Upvote 1