Photo

My first go at VR

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 19//Darbzy

19//Darbzy

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:29

I just had a quick go on a mates rig with a HTC VR headset. I didn't know he was filming me, but because he did, I thought people might be interested in seeing it in action...

youtube.com/watch?v=2GuBc_R8At0

INCREDIBLE. I highly recommend it. (As you can see, my mouth was embarrassingly wide open with awe and wonder at how real it was...)
Only downside is that you loose the ability to zoom in as you do with a head tracker and you can see a slight fine texture on the lenses you are looking through. I got a bit airsick too.
Tracking opponents in a dogfight is much easier and the rendering of the cockpit gauges and aircraft are amazing. It feels REAL. You will probably need a full hotas joystick/throttle combo as you can't see under the goggles to use keyboard. I'm sold on it though. Awesome fun! It takes things to the next level.

19//Darbzy

"I'm not completely worthless. I can be used as a bad example"

#2 OrLoK

OrLoK

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:55

Welcome to the VR fold! (even if just temporarily)

It *is* epic.

Not faultless, but epic.

#3 19//Darbzy

19//Darbzy

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:28

Agreed! Do you find it a big disadvantage not being able to zoom in? (not that being able to do that is realistic anyway...)

Edited by 19//Darbzy, 20 April 2017 - 11:29.

19//Darbzy

"I'm not completely worthless. I can be used as a bad example"

#4 =WFPK=chappyj

=WFPK=chappyj

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:36

the zoom function works in VR just fine. just dont turn your head or make any drastic ACM while zoomed in unless you want instant barf

#5 OrLoK

OrLoK

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:20

Agreed! Do you find it a big disadvantage not being able to zoom in? (not that being able to do that is realistic anyway...)

there is a zoom key, but I find i use it more for sight seeing than in combat :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users