Gambit21

Single Player Ju-52 missions by Gambit 21

Done 3 of the 5 so far, absolutely enjoyable VR flying experience.  flying through the dogfight/ground battle in #2 amazing...  night flying in the driving snow and getting "coned" by the enemy searchlights, wow...

I went into #3 and edited Pelican Lead speed down to 225 kph, was much better as I could keep up without maxing out the engines...

Thanks for this incredible set of missions !

Terry

I played mission 5 the other day, it was brilliant. One of the funnest missions I've ever played in a flightsim  :salute:

aKK7sN2.jpg

XcUKMSl.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys.

Glad you're enjoying them - the feedback means a lot.

Looking forward to bringing you the A-20 campaign over Kuban. 

Pelican 2 Mission

I'm a little bit lost; after landing to pickup the wounded the other Pelican planes disappeared.

Question:

a.Where am I supposed to stop to pick up the wounded?

b. Am I supposed to fly on my own back to Temkino?

Anyway, Gambit, thx for those very immersive missions: I envy your imagination and skill to make us dream.

Thank you. :)

Did you see this message when you landed?

"Pelican - This is Mulberry - be advised there is a delay getting the wounded here from the front.<br>It's going to be some hours yet.<br>Shut down, come inside and get warm!"

Also AI aircraft delete after parking - it's just part of the coded logic.

Edited by Gambit21

Thx for gentle answer, Gambit

Now I feel really stupid; struggling to taxi I didn't notice the message. :(

Any inconvenience is deeply regretted.

Check Six and for some, the messages also!

Dev Diary 141 has notes about Ju-52 operation and related discussion thread

Also Requiem has familiarisation video on page 8 in his excellent Air Combat Tutorials. Under manuals tutorials and guides section

Cheers Dakpilot

Is there a manual about how to set Flaps and everythings?

Check this post, and the links listed in it...  https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/31137-lots-questions-flying-ju-52/

There is no single comprehensive manual (yet) for flying the Ju 52 in IL-2:BoX. Also the usually-high-quality Requiem familiarisation video has a lot of errors. So, things are a bit tricky.

Flap control (and lots of other stuff) is in the technical description... this is a great "quick manual" on how to use the plane, which is also available from the in-game GUI.

The Ju 52/3m g4e is rather tolerant and, with a long run way, you can take off without flaps. But, if you use flaps, it becomes a veritable bush plane!- Airplane has a manually controlled horizontal stabilizer. It should be set to 0° before takeoff, to +2° during flight and to -1.5° for landing. Also, it may be used to trim the flight stick during the flight.

- The mechanical flaps control system can be controlled simultaneously with the horizontal stabilizer, these two systems can be linked or unlinked (by using flaps control buttons). It is important to note that it is possible to render the system inoperable so it would not be able to control either the stabilizer or the flaps by deviating from a standard control procedure described below.

- Before taking off, set the stabilizer to flight position +2°, engage the link and then move the stabilizer to take-off position 0° - flaps will be extended to 25°.

- When airborne, move the stabilizer back to flight position (flaps should also fully retract) and unlink these controls.

- Before landing, set the stabilizer to flight position +2°, engage the link and then move the stabilizer to landing position -1.5° - flaps will be fully extended to 40°.

Ref: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/25993-aircraft-flight-and-technical-specifications-and-operational/ (scroll down and open the spoiler box under Ju 52).

If you are looking for the flap/stabiliser indicator, it is on the side of the cockpit, on the left, just ahead of the control column. I have set-up a "quick-look" so I can see it easily.

Map a key for flaps, which will engage/disengage the lock between the flaps and the stabiliser.

Note that on a long, concrete runway, you don't actually need the flaps to take off. However, if you do use the flaps correctly, the Ju 52 becomes a veritable STOL bushplane!

Got the Ju 52 yesterday and someone pointed me to your missions. Great stuff! Thank you for your effort and for sharing this with us.

Huge thanks to Gambit21 for his work. Mission designing is, in a way, an artform, and in Gambit we've found a very accomplished artist.

• Upvote 1

Thank you guys! I was missing it and was wondering where it is.

Would be nice to have a short PDF for each plane with their "special" systems

Huge thanks to Gambit21 for his work. Mission designing is, in a way, an artform, and in Gambit we've found a very accomplished artist.

That means a lot - thank you.

Looking forward to bringing you guys the A-20 campaign (will be available in a Pe-2 version as well).

I'm on mission 8 of 16. :)

• Upvote 4

Now I have flown all the five missions. I think they are great the only problem is that they are only five. When you start closing in and can se the battlefield it get really intense. I wish ther was a mission whit some heavy flak. I really hope you make more missions of this sort.

• Upvote 1

Thanks WhiteMoose.

Each of those missions has 15 to 20 hours in it, so a ton of work...which is why there's only 5 at this point. Premium plane (and transport to boot) so a more limited audience.

I have 3 more missions in various stages of completion, so when the A-20 campaign is finished I might go back and complete those 3.

Thanks again for the feedback. :salute:

• Upvote 1

Gambit,

I've flown the first three missions, and have thoroughly enjoyed the immersion and variety as well as the aircraft. Absolutely looking forward to your A-20 missions, too! By the way, did you see the restored, flying A-20 in Sport Aviation mag last year?

Gambit,

I've flown the first three missions, and have thoroughly enjoyed the immersion and variety as well as the aircraft. Absolutely looking forward to your A-20 missions, too! By the way, did you see the restored, flying A-20 in Sport Aviation mag last year?

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying them.

The A-20 campaign is coming along...I'm really looking forward to releasing that one.

After that - 9th Air Force P-47's in Belgium, as well as some 352nd Mustang single missions (or a mini campaign) :)

I didn't see that restored A-20, I'll look it up!

• Upvote 1

I will re-post these - compatible with the latest game version later today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

OK...cloud/weather pre-sets have changed with the update (forgot about that) so it  appears I'm going to have to set some time aside soon to reset them and test.

For the moment I'm going to remove the download link and will re-post soon when they're fixed.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

On 5/23/2018 at 5:12 AM, Gambit21 said:

OK...cloud/weather pre-sets have changed with the update (forgot about that) so it  appears I'm going to have to set some time aside soon to reset them and test.

For the moment I'm going to remove the download link and will re-post soon when they're fixed.

Hi Gambit, any news about this new versions?

I have old only and see the download link for briefings only.

• Upvote 3

Gambit, I know, You are very busy with A-20 campaign but as I see now it's in beta testers hands so.... ;) .

Any chance to finish this Ju-52 missions or... do 5 mission scripted campaign :) ? My fingers are crossed and TY!

Edited by YoYo

Thanks guys.

Debugging the A-20 campaign, but I should have some time to go through the Ju-52 missions and re-set the skies/clouds soon.

I'll start later today or tomorrow. Aside from that I can't say if it will be a week, or longer etc. My schedule is just too fluid, and also starting to put

logic together for Jug campaign. I WILL get these fixed though as soon as I can manage.

As far as turning it into a short scripted campaign, I may do this when I finish missions 6 and 7.

6 is complete, just have to finish 7.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Looking forward to play this mission pack again when you are ready Gambit. Great work!