THE BUTCHER - SP scripted campaign [Fw190]

http://www.mission4today.com/uploads/IL2BOS/4700_2jtwmo.jpg

Here is the Fw190 scripted campaign titled "The Butcher".

This is a non-historical campaign that takes you through the battle of Stalingrad in a schwarm of the famous Focke-Wulf 190 (aka butcher bird). There are a mix of air-to-air and ground attack missions and the campaign goes from the summer of 1942 until early 1943.

The download also contains 8x 4K skins made by ICDP for this campaign.

There will be some bugs, so feel free to let me know in this thread or via PM.

The missions require landing and coming to a full stop in order to move on in the campaign.

There are subtitles with hints, so if you like flying in expert mode, I would recommend flying with custom settings and removing icons instead of playing in expert.

The AI can be very picky with taxiing before takeoff. Leave the plane ahead of you plenty of room to taxi and position yourself behind plane #2 in order for the leader to start taking off.

Many thanks to community members Blitzen, Zami, and Gambit21 for testing and assistance with the campaign and special thanks to ICDP for providing the fantastic summer and winter 4K skins for the Fw190. Thanks to durruti for German translation and to =IRSS=CV72 for the Russian translation.

Updated for game version 4.502

Download links:

Mediafire

Edited by Jade_Monkey
update for v4.502
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 27

I was just flying the first mission against the IL2s, and it was really great. I was always a big friend of missions starting from the parking area and the airfield looks fantastic, with all those aircrafts, trucks, and goods. Taxiing behind the other 190s to the runway and starting together with them, and flying not as the leader, was an outstanding experience. Thank you very much, again, for sharing this, the first mission was really big fun, i am very much looking forward to the following missions.

One thing, I think I noticed, I think the No.4 skin for the player is different to the AI skins. I gotta look at this, when flying the next mission.

One thing, I think I noticed, I think the No.4 skin for the player is different to the AI skins. I gotta look at this, when flying the next mission.

Many thanks!

Yes, the #4 skin is assigned in the mission but it looks like it won't load by default, so it's up to the player to set it up before every mission unfortunately.

If anyone has a solution to this please let me know.

• Haha 1

That is not, what I was talking about, Jade. The Customer skin 'red 4' looks very similar to the default skin, but the AI skins are the skin of JG51, like the skin of Uffz. Romm, in the official skins for the A3, but with red numbers.

That is not, what I was talking about, Jade. The Customer skin 'red 4' looks very similar to the default skin, but the AI skins are the skin of JG51, like the skin of Uffz. Romm, in the official skins for the A3, but with red numbers.

I see what you are saying. I was not very specific on my request to ICDP, I just asked for a variety of skins with the numbers and he was very kind to do all the work.

The player can easily use their own skin for the campaign, or even any of the official skins :)

Hello thank you for the campaign!

Could you include a version with historical markings to the skins please?

Thank you in advance

I'll check with ICDP since he helped me out with the skin creation.

I see what you are saying. I was not very specific on my request to ICDP, I just asked for a variety of skins with the numbers and he was very kind to do all the work.

The player can easily use their own skin for the campaign, or even any of the official skins :)

I'll check with ICDP since he helped me out with the skin creation.

Thanks !:)

¡Many thanks!

Yes, the #4 skin is assigned in the mission but it looks like it won't load by default, so it's up to the player to set it up before every mission unfortunately.

If anyone has a solution to this please let me know.

I think that the solution of the skin of the player that appears in the mission and not the default, is selecting the skin of the player in the editor of missions  :salute:

Historical skins + 1 :soldier:

Thanks. :salute:

Edited by E69_julian57

I think that the solution of the skin of the player that appears in the mission and not the default, is selecting the skin of the player in the editor of missions  :salute:

Historical skins + 1 :soldier:

Thanks. :salute:

Yes, I've done that but they still don't show up as pre-selected skins when you run the missions :( not sure what else to do.

It figures- just when I send you a PM about the small glitch I have had in the Beta, here comes the real deal( BTW the Beta is some fun!) Can i just paste this over the early version in data/campaigns?

Thanks! :salute:

• Upvote 1

Jade_Monkey,

just finished the Butcher, excellent set of missions and I really do like being No.4 rather than the leader. Also just finished your Sturmovik missions for the second time and they were just as enjoyable second time around. Muchos grassy arse for you efforts and sharing.

Thanks Jade Monkey!, I have been enjoying the heck out of this campaign. You did some great work. Hope to see more from you

Thanks for the kind words! Im going to take a break for a while but I'd love to make another one once Kuban map is out with the Spit, the P39, the Hs129 or the A20 as they are all very interesting planes.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the kind words! Im going to take a break for a while but I'd love to make another one once Kuban map is out with the Spit, the P39, the Hs129 or the A20 as they are all very interesting planes.

I am sure many of us will await this with great anticipation.

• 2 weeks later...

About halfway through this campaign. Just dropped in to say excellent mission design! Love flying as #4 and the missions are all really varied and exciting with diff weather, time of day and seasons. 

Great job and thanks so much for sharing your hard work!

• Upvote 1

About halfway through this campaign. Just dropped in to say excellent mission design! Love flying as #4 and the missions are all really varied and exciting with diff weather, time of day and seasons. 

Great job and thanks so much for sharing your hard work!

Thanks! Always appreciate the kind words and feedback!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't post here very much as I am mostly a lurker but your campaign deserved some recognition.  All missions were very good to excellent with a rich level of immersion.  I loved the weather and lighting (especially the early morning missions) and I really loved the fact that you had to start engines and taxi to the runway.  Just excellent work.  I know they are much long, hard work but I sincerely hope you create more campaigns.  Anyhoo, many thanks from an old sim pilot.

I don't post here very much as I am mostly a lurker but your campaign deserved some recognition. All missions were very good to excellent with a rich level of immersion. I loved the weather and lighting (especially the early morning missions) and I really loved the fact that you had to start engines and taxi to the runway. Just excellent work. I know they are much long, hard work but I sincerely hope you create more campaigns. Anyhoo, many thanks from an old sim pilot.

Thanks!

I'm thinking of doing a series of missions for the battle of Kalach, each mission using a different plane and representing both sides and most plane types.

All different missions would be happening at the same time, so instead of progressing through a campaign, you re-live the same battle from a different perspective in each mission. Id love to add tanks as well.

• Upvote 2

Thank's for the campaing, played the first 2 Missions yesterday.

One issue I noticed is that all my wingmen crashed upon Landing in the mission, in which you have to attack the IL-2s. A message appeared, saying that we have to many losses and should return to base. 

Don't know if you can do much here or if it was an AI issue...

Thank's for the campaing, played the first 2 Missions yesterday.

One issue I noticed is that all my wingmen crashed upon Landing in the mission, in which you have to attack the IL-2s. A message appeared, saying that we have to many losses and should return to base.

Don't know if you can do much here or if it was an AI issue...

The AI crashing is beyond my control, but that should not prevent you from advancing to the next mission as long as you land safe and sound.

• Upvote 1