Sign in to follow this  
peker

Possible solution for CTD - Solved my problem

First of all, I would like to thank 5./ZG1_BOO that is  Suggestions and Recommendations here:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/28662-crash-crash-crash-without-any-solution-whats-happening-you-t/

brought me the idea of checking something that I did not check and turned out to be a solution to my problem

My problem began about two months ago when suddenly I could not get into the game at all and was thrown into the desktop.

Contrary to problems of this kind described by other users thrown out of the game after they started flying I have not been able to enter at all.

It was clear to me that this was a problem related to the update I had just made. I did not know whether it was the update of the game or my graphics card (GTX 970)

And then yesterday I decided to test again the nvidia geforce experience and to my delight it was indeed the source of the problem.

As In the attached picture, the V mark  in the ALLOW EXPERIMENTAL FEATURES should be canceled.

I would be happy if someone could explain to me technically why this was causing the problem

CLFoLMj.jpg
  • Upvote 1

Glad you sorted it!!

Never use Nvidia Experience so cant help you with that I'm afraid. 

Regards

BOO

Thanks! Disabling the Stream feature (for which "experimental features" is a requirement) seemed to actually fix it for me!

Yeah, I don't install any of the extra stuff nvidia puts in their drivers............ choose the custom install and only use the video driver and physics features, also use driver cleaner to clean out all the crap from previous/current installs before you do a new driver.............  driver cleaner is freeware.  clean/reboot......... load driver/reboot............ make sure nothing changed on your nvidia control panel for your different games