LLv44_Kanttori

Metal Throttle Consoles

Sokol1: Actually the bigger consoles' On-Off toggle switches gives you a visual feedback, because the Mjoy16 USB circuit board gives them TWO different functions: they are generating different button presses when switch is toggled “ON” and “OFF”. Normally when you move the switch back to OFF, it is generating anything. But  for example I can see from my console's  ON-OFF buttons position that are the gears up, tailwheel locked, navigation lights on etc.

To illustrate: Suppose we flip toggle switch 1 to “ON” position. It generates a brief Button 17 press. Then we flip it back to “OFF”. It generates Button 25 press. It’s like navigation lights On/Off.

Yes, I know this feature (have some DIY MJoy8/16 there), but for this game button 17 and 25 do the same thing = toggle the command (e.g. lights) status, not turn then ON and OFF exclusively.
So for more casual players is easy spawn with switches in wrong position (Up when is need Down or vice versa in air start), so the (ON)-OFF, (ON)-OFF-(ON) became more convenient (IMO) because this model act like keyboards momentary inputs (for what game is make). To this don't happen will be need that game use different inputs for ON and OFF (e.g. like DCSW).

Edited by Sokol1

... So for more casual players is easy spawn with switches in wrong position ...

That's what I fear for myself - casual and tired results in "gear up" at spawn ... I'm still unsure how to handle this in general. Since some simulators present it with 2 discrete functions only (gear-up & gear-down) others like IL2-BoX just toggle. Sadly they often forget to offer both ways, ignoring the legions of cockpit-builders. :P

Oh man that bomber throttle looks absolutely great!

Will you etch the letters for each button/switch, or it will come with no labels at all?

I personally would like to see the labels there.

Edited by Jade_Monkey

Hi guys! Here is mine, this is one of the first ”prototypes”. Got this early this year and been using since then. No going back, this is absolutely the best choice for me. Everything works like charm. It’s very easy to calibrate in Windows, but you don’t actually have to do that very often. 

It’s good to have enough of buttons, switches, knobs, trimmers and it’s also good to have some room to glue the name labels for them. Now I can, for example, easily and fast shoot white, red or green flares, trim my Messerschmitt 109 with the big wheel or adjust my bomber’s bearing when having autolevel on. 

Amazing stuff and great value for money. I know the never versions could perhaps be even better, but I feel comfortable with this one and there’s actually nothing I would like to change in this.

34584147840_3ffa53fd24_b.jpg

34839596361_3373f1b712_b.jpg

Edited by LLv32_Modo
  • Upvote 1

Looks absolutely awesome. :salute:

I suppose that the flare pistol system is working but how about with the gunnery, is it working? I mean when the next order is coming what happens the order before it?

Flares will do, but I never tested the inner hierarchy of the gunner orders. In general the 4 settings will do, my needs:

- cease any kind of fire

- fire at air targets long range (early warning and a warm welcome asap)

- fire at air targets short range (low ammo)

- fire at ground targets, too, long range (kind of ground target call-out by the gunners)

EDIT: Just got these vintage style motor starter switches, they looks cool:

Nice, are they one-way (push or pull?) or two-way?

Important to me for a generalized lay-out are some larger buttons around the throttles, especially in formation my left hand has to remain on the levellers. For the final bomb run I continuously need "map", "bomb vizier", "pilot view" and when online "talk radio" - one or two functions might be realized with the grip of the yoke, others must be present on the bomber-console.

Ordered the FIGHTER-BOMBER THROTTLE CONSOLE today.

Can't wait for Autumn to arrive, will be a long Summer.... :biggrin: 

Bookmarked. Thanks!

Sorry if the question is slightly Off-topic,but where did you get that large Trimwheel from?

My Finnish friend created it with the 3D-printer. It is very necessary with the Bf 109's. I have placed it under the throttle handle and it is very easy to adjust with the thumb! ;)

Wow this stuff looks amazing, thanks for making it.

Do you plan on making anything smaller and more mountable for us with sim cockpit style chairs like an Obutto? These look like great options if you have a big flat desk with lots of room to mount buttons though cool!

Wow this stuff looks amazing, thanks for making it.

Do you plan on making anything smaller and more mountable for us with sim cockpit style chairs like an Obutto? These look like great options if you have a big flat desk with lots of room to mount buttons though cool!

The smallest model is the Fighter Throttle Console, dimensions are 320 mm length, 150 mm width and 60 mm height. All these consoles are planned to be on the left side of the pilot's seat or chair (not on a table) like in the real life and in this picture from my home cockpit. The console needs a solid platform under it, I don't know is the Obutto cockpit chair enough strong to it.

cockpit-icon.jpg

Edited by LLv32_Kanttori

Kanttori -

you'd said earlier that information on pricing for the Warthog expansion panel was in the first post but I was unable to find it there or on your website.  Help?

Kanttori -

you'd said earlier that information on pricing for the Warthog expansion panel was in the first post but I was unable to find it there or on your website.  Help?

i have not time to build those WH Expansion consoles anymore so I remove the prices away, I'm sorry. I am concentrating only for those throttle consoles on next Autumn.

Edited by LLv32_Kanttori

Kanttori -

understandable but disappointing.  Hopefully you'll have an opportunity to build them again down the line :(

LATEST NEWS:

I have now 10 orders from Finland, U.S. and Middle-Europe. On November I am building the first (new model) Fighter console to my Finnish Squad mate LLv32_Antsu. Also the first new Fighter-Bomber console is going to my wingman LLv32_Raaka on December. Then they are hard testing them and tell me are they ok or is there something wrong planned.

After my Squad mates feedback I am making some (possible) adjustments to the console's structure. At the same time I am ordering the parts from Ukraine (levers) and Europe to the next ones which I have in my order list. Only after that I am building the first U.S. and European customers consoles. The point of this is very simple: Those consoles must be very heavy duty and long-lasting products, because I don't want to get them back as boomerang to warranty repairs...  :biggrin: 

For ex. I have noticed that the digital rotary encoder potentiometers (trimms) in the four Bomber console prototypes (which I buil on last winter) are weak and I must replaced them to the stronger ones. Also the stabilizer wheel potentiometer must be more stout and maybe more bigger, too. I am just collecting new parts to my testing bench: I am adding new pots and switches to my own prototype console. For ex. I have added a new push-pull switch (boost on/off) and a rotary 5-way switch (flare gun operations). I have also assigned much more better trimmer pot knobs (they have more mass = more exact to rotate) and new radiator pot knobs (chickehead-type = you can feel the position with fingers).

On the other hand those GVL224's mechanic levers are probably "eternal", they are so heavy duty! I think my grandson Jonni-Matias is still governing his simulator aircrafts (in the virtual reality aerial war) with my console in the future after 40 years... 

So those ones who are in my order list: Try to be be patient, I want to offer you properly tested and long-lasting console products!  :salute: 

PLEASE NOTICE! I don't take any more new orders until these 10 first ones are supplied to U.S. and Middle-Europe on the beginning of 2018!  

Edited by LeR3_Kanttori
  • Upvote 3

Disappointing that there will be that great a delay before the next set of orders, but I understand your reasoning.  Best of luck!

Disappointing that there will be that great a delay before the next set of orders, but I understand your reasoning.  Best of luck!

I don't want to promise anything what I possibly can't keep, sorry.

I finally find a new trim/stabilizer wheel under the throttle lever, it is down right on that new picture. I got the idea from Piratos self made console, this is a machine hand wheel and it's diameter is about 10 cm. You can remove that toggle away from it.

I am adding this one and some new updates to my plans soon. The first pictures from the new fighter console are soon out, too! ;)

components.jpg

Edited by LeR3_Kanttori
  • Upvote 1

UPDATED: FIGHTER-BOMBER CONSOLE

The steel shell of the console will be manufactured and painted industrially as Luftwaffe gray.  The new console model in the pictures below is not painted because it is in the making.

console_small-icon.jpg  

console_small2-icon.jpg

fighter_console-icon.jpg

TECHNICAL FEATURES

• Laser cut metal cover (1,5 mm stainless steel)
  • Metal case dimensions: 320 mm (lenght) x 160 mm (width) x 50 mm (height)
  • Mjoy 16 USB-circuit board as a "brains"
  • 2 x MagRez hall sensor axis to GVL224's Mechanic kits: throttle and RPM levers
  • 6 x potentiometer axis to radiators, mixture, cowling flaps and stabilizer wheel
  • 3 x digital rotary encoder axis to rudder, roll and elevator trimmers
  • 7 x metal push buttons to navigation map, autopilot on-off, motors selecting etc.
  • 8 x On-Off toggle switches for lights, canopy, tailwheel locking, air brakes etc.
  • 4 x On-Off-On toggle switches for FW190 trim stabilizer, autopilot left-right etc.
  • 4 x On-Off-On lever switches for gears, flaps, radiators, propeller pitch etc.
  • 1 x 4 position rotary switch for flare pistol and different flares
  • 1 x Covered On-Off toggle swith to eject
  • Throttle handle with 5-way thumb micro switch for zoom in/out, Track IR-center etc.
  • Together up to 46 different switch and button functions 
  • FEATURES LIST AND THE PLAN PICTURE ABOVE UPDATED 27th OF OCTOBER

These functions in the plan pictures are only for example how you can map that console in the game.

Price 390 € + shipping

Here's my website for the CONSOLES PRODUCTION

Edited by LeR3_Kanttori
  • Upvote 2

this will make my new year... :P

any idea when the first orders will be delivered?

are the labels printed as well?

this will make my new year... :P

any idea when the first orders will be delivered?

are the labels printed as well?

First new fighter (actually fighter-bomber) consoles are now under work to my Finnish Squad mates. Because of my real life works I have been too busy with the consoles construct on this Autumn. I hope that I have more tíme to these ones on next Spring 2018.

The new fighter console cases arrived just from the painting company and they are ready to assembly line. The color is dark gray with metal sheen and it looks really good! Here are also the new smaller throttle and RPM levers ready to go inside the first case! ;)

console_cases_small.jpg

console_levers01_small.jpg

Edited by LeR3_Kanttori
  • Upvote 1

Subscription closed temporarily!

I am not getting any new subscriptions before February 2018. I am now building all the consoles which are subscriped on 2017. I am contacting soon all those person who has been willingly to order some of my console models. Thank you!  :salute: 

First universal fighter console is ready and mailed to it's new owner, I am waiting his feedback of the product. I tested it yesterday in game and all the buttons, levers and functions are at hand very well!

fighter_console2-icon.jpg

You can see more pictures in my web pages: CONSOLES PRODUCTION

Edited by LeR3_Kanttori
  • Upvote 1

Wonderfully retro designed, can't wait to to see the first bomber console!

Edited by 216th_Retnek

Wonderfully retro designed, can't wait to to see the first bomber console!

Retnek: The bomber console plan is stopped temporarily because I have so much work with these new universal consoles.

I have now TEN Finnish customers and their console orders in my waiting list. Six of them are those early prototypes updates, so I am making those consoles at first using the same accesories which they already have. All of these Finnish are my squad mates and also very important "testing team" because they give me straight feedback of these products in Team Speak 3 radio channels.

One new console is posted before XMas, next one is finished on this weekend. I can build at best one console in a week because of my daily works. Consoles are only my hobby, not my livelihood. I don't want to send anything to the other European or US countries before everything is developed and tested and I can see that they are long lasting products.

So it seems now that I can build the first "export consoles" at the earliest on late Spring 2018 but probably on next autumn. But I think that you can understand the reason of that!
Edited by LeR3_Kanttori

Retnek: The bomber console plan is stopped temporarily ... So it seems now that I can build the first "export consoles" at the earliest on late Spring 2018 but probably on next autumn. But I think that you can understand the reason of that!

No problem at all, Real Life is always first! Just let me know when you're able to talk about it again. My Saitek-stuff is a bit worn out, but it still does the job! Thanks for the hint and a happy 2018.

auao!

Bravo!!!

great work, i love it.

Thank You RedEye_Tumu!

NEWS: I have contacted the five non-Finnish subscriber from U.S. and Middle Europe and I promise them that I can deliver their Fighter-Bomber Consoles on March and April 2018. Now the second one to my Finnish Squad mates is ready and I have started the third to my son LLv32_Lukkari... I have planned this new model so handy that my "conveyor belt" is pretty fast! :)

NEWS:

I have now build three new fighter-bomber consoles to my squad mates and one "updated" console to myself. They are now under heavy testing and more are coming: about one console in a week. Just now I am updating the rest five consoles to my squad mates who bought my first prototypes one year ago.

This is my home cockpit now and the new fighter-bomber console really "fits" together my other controllers: Slaw Device's 109 pedals and Baur's KG13 Grip stick! :)

kanttori_cockpit_1-icon.jpg

• Upvote 1