VR Tips and Tricks

Some of our beta testers complained that they see some objects (for example, gunsight reticle) in double vision. There can be several reasons for it, so here are what you can do if you experience this:

3) Third, position your head correctly - your dominant eye should be behind the reticle. You can do this naturally just by moving your head in VR.

I'm new to VR but never going back!  This thread helped immensely, particularly number three that I've quoted above.  I have the double-vision reticle issue, but what I've learned is that in many cockpits there is a physical "iron sight" on the right of the gun sight.  If you line your right eye up so that is aligned, your left eye will see the projected crosshair in the hud on-target!  This might not be in every cockpit, and might be more accurate in some than others. This might be obvious or posted elsewhere, but really helped me, so i thought I'd share!

Hi there, 

Would anyone be willing to recommend some settings for me? I'm really enjoying using my rift but I don't feel that my settings are at their most optimal. I've been using balanced, 800x600 resolution, anti-aliasing 2x, medium clouds, with occulus tray tool supersampling at 1.3. Games been playable, but frame rates never go above 45. I'm a bit confused with the whole steam vr occulus tray tool settings and things, only used to non-vr games really!

i5-6500 3.2ghz 

Asus GTX1060 6GB

8GB DDR4

Games on an SSD

Thanks everyone, VR with this game is fantastic!

Aside from the tray tool, if you don't have it, just hit CTRL+numberpad1 at the start of the game and it disables it. Be sure to hit the numberpad and not the rows of numbers across the top of the keys. 

I'm having an issue where if I take my headset off and use my monitor my mouse works but when I put it on the mouse becomes disabled.

Gentleman,

What can be done to Sharpen view in VR?

-I cant read what is on the map.

-I cant read notifications from right menu when flying (throttle infos, engine infor, any other infos).

-From bottom menu only speed is quite visible.

Oculus Rift DK2

My settings:

https://gyazo.com/5d80398ff82f5122518dac4340a34672

https://gyazo.com/fcea2411a53ebf4a8436e68be98c9994

On 7/9/2018 at 10:30 AM, FirstToFight said:

Gentleman,

-I cant read notifications from right menu when flying (throttle infos, engine infor, any other infos).

A great deal of the visual acuity in VR depends on the HMD screen resolution; most written-for-VR titles do not require much visual sharpness, but those NOT originally written for VR, like IL-2, do.  I think that is because they rely, in part, on the reading of relatively small text, particularly as screen resolution goes up.

I used the original VIVE HMD for quite a while and worked on sharpening the image through various software tricks, but it wasn't until I bought an HMD with enough screen resolution (natively) that the visual acuity became satisfactory in non-VR titles, because they require reading small text to be satisfactorily functional.

Once I moved to the VIVE Pro, VR became real for me; until then, it was all blurry promise without visual satisfaction.  Now I can read those gauges, dials and screen text CLEARLY.  That makes all the difference in the VR world.

Sorry, but that is my truly expensive experience.  There is no going back once you reach that threshold.

On 7/9/2018 at 4:30 PM, FirstToFight said:

Gentleman,

Oculus Rift DK2

My settings:

https://gyazo.com/5d80398ff82f5122518dac4340a34672

https://gyazo.com/fcea2411a53ebf4a8436e68be98c9994

DK2?

You may not be able to do much with the legacy hardware. :(

On the CV1 I get acceptable graphics but they're far from clear at any distance.

I think you might be hindered with the physical limits of the DK2.

Hope someone can help you though!

L