wenger

Failed to update (2.009)

I've been thoroughly enjoying this game for the last month or so. Aside from random crashes, there have been no real issues with the game: it has always run great on my machine.

Yesterday, I tried launching the game only to be stuck on the login screen telling me to update my installation. Tried offline mode too - no dice. I hopped on the forum and learned there was a major update and that the systems were down, no big deal. Today I start the launcher and the red bar at the bottom goes through the updating motions: waiting for initialization, checking update cache, extracting packed files, then it just stops and says "Failed to update". No crash, no error message, nothing. Restart CPU, try again, same thing. Anyone else having similar problems? I've launched and relaunched about 10 times now with the same result.

I have exactly the same problem, checks the cache, start download then stops with error message "failed to update"

Branston

Solved my problem. Saw another thread about slow download which advised switching from "seed when downloaded" to "prefer web distribution" in the IL2 settings menu. Restarted the launcher and everything downloaded OK.

Branston

Any other ideas here? 
the  "seed when downloaded" to "prefer web distribution" solution does not work for me!

this is driving me insane

UPDATE:
I got it working by going into the Task Manager and killing more or less all the processes that are not vital to the system

and that did the trick!
I do not know exactly what was the issue but now its working

Edited by roezoe

I have the same problem. The launcher started downloading an update (2.5gb!) and then said error during download at 98%. Now all i get is the 'waiting for initialization' prompt also. If i try to close the window, it then gets stuck in 'stopping background tasks. please wait'. Very frustrating! I tried to uncheck all setting check boxes, but that did nothing. Any ideas? Starting to think deleting and redownloading the lot.