NewfieDunfielder

Who has VR and who doesn't.

Simple post if you have it or not. Planning on getting doesn't count as plans can change. Some people want numbers I can't give but I believe are common knowledge facts. I believe most of us don't. No need to make a big explanation just a simple do you have it yes or no. Please be civil guys

I don't have VR

It's a Tarp!

Rift Owner Here.

I also wonder what the point of the thread will be but i'm hoping people are going to be nice.

Edited by OrLoK

Agreed. This thread is bait.

The numbers should be on steam.

Edited by ShoeHash

There is no point (or value) - lock it!

Haha the OP just got his "who cares about VR" thread locked and he's already back at it.

Cue Admiral Ackbar.

Simple post if you have it or not. Planning on getting doesn't count as plans can change. Some people want numbers I can't give but I believe are common knowledge facts. I believe most of us don't. No need to make a big explanation just a simple do you have it yes or no. Please be civil guys

I don't have VR

What is your goal here? It is pretty obvious for some reason VR really upsets you. Not sure why, other than the usual, "I want what I can't have, so screw people that can have what I cannot"

You are not gonna somehow get VR removed by making thread after thread trying to put this amazing genie that has been released back in the bottle. It is out, for good. It is a new age, VR is here, get used to it.

Edited by Torso

"I want what I can't have, so screw people that can have what I cannot"

Yeah this mindset is powerful and drives a lot of rationale beyond the significance of VR. It's pretty clearly what OP is going through here.

Salutations,

I don't have VR.

Why the apparent defensive comments about the OP post. If VR is destined to become the norm... it will. If not, it won't. Time will tell.

Salutations,

I don't have VR.

Why the apparent defensive comments about the OP post. If VR is destined to become the norm... it will. If not, it won't. Time will tell.

I too came in good faith but OP's recent post was closed and that *may* have led them to make this to possibly stir up the situation. Have a peek at his/her post history.

However, I shall leave it to the mods to decide.

I think If VR starts to provide a tangible benefit toward success or at least demonstrative equity during online combat... it 'will' become the norm. All of us like immersion. VR can provide that.

OP is just looking for a stick.

If he wants to moan let him moan but don't give him any ammunition with which to do it.

I had it but not with IL2.... because it's an OSVR HDK2, it works with openVR and DCS world and War Thunder, but not with Il2 Bos...:-(

i just asked a question? What was wrong with that. Don't worry he won't post any more. Seems you guys can't have discussions or even simple yes no answers. Seems to me you all are the trolls nobody could even give simple I got it I don't. Even the Gold Barred (all bow) just Bs and don't just list got it or not. This site should remove its general discussion forum if it's really not allowed.

i just asked a question? What was wrong with that. Don't worry he won't post any more. Seems you guys can't have discussions or even simple yes no answers. Seems to me you all are the trolls nobody could even give simple I got it I don't. Even the Gold Barred (all bow) just Bs and don't just list got it or not. This site should remove its general discussion forum if it's really not allowed.

Discussion *is* allowed, just some were worried about your motives. If you cleared them up then folk would be happy to join in if their sound reasons.

I'd just like to know. I have nothing against it or anyone who has it. I'm not pissed off that VR may be the next big thing. I just don't see anyone around my area really with it even hard core gamers. A poll would have been better to post maybe but I don't know if I can or how lol. I've caught big flak from people here since I made a negative post. Was I mad when I mad it. You bet. Am I allowed my opinion? So I just threw it out there in a nice way I thought but apparently that's click bait or "starting" something. Not looking for ammo, not moaning. I just thought I'd see if I could get an idea of how many on this site actually have VR.

I'm surprised by the level of interest and the number of people who do seem to have some VR device, I thought it would initially be less.

I'm surprised by the level of interest and the number of people who do seem to have some VR device, I thought it would initially be less.

Yeah me too, they certainly seem to be coming out of the woodwork - which is good for BoX and for the community!

I would love to have a VR setup, but due to a work injury, swivelling my head around like that would result in very unpleasant dizziness.

The increase of posts with a VR bent seems to show that there's a fair few of us.

Indeed through the r/hoggit reddit quite a few have expressed an interest in BoX now it supports VR.

Its going to be a minority, but a larger minority than one would think especially as there's little out there of depth for the average VR simmer.

Anything that brings more people in is good. Eventually hope to be able to have one. But right now I don't have it. Wife kids bills life maybe someday. Do you know how long I was after the missus to let me by a gtx 1070!! (And now apparently a new i6 mobo and ddr4 ram) I'm up the creek with no paddle for a bit.

Edited by Dunfielder

I would love to have a VR setup, but due to a work injury, swivelling my head around like that would result in very unpleasant dizziness.

its not for everyone! Hope you get better from your injury.

I don`t have VR. And I really am not fussed. I have Track IR 5- It does a grand job.

Jealousy is dangerous, don`t fall to it.

Edited by seafireliv

Just ordered Oculus Rift. Not even sure my frankenstein quasi-ancient machine can handle it. In that case a new PC will follow.

Because life is too short :cool:

• Upvote 3

I have the Rift. Pretty happy with it, even with the low resolution. I think it was worth the effort the devs put into it. A flight sim that does not support VR could easily be dismissed as antiquated, even by users who don't have VR. A good VR implementation is also a good way to get noticed outside of the usual niche, and may also catch the eye of all the people who follow VR development. Who knows, maybe also get business opportunities with Oculus or Steam. They have been known to invest in the development of games that they think can help sell VR devices.

Hear hear Oculus! I ordered your device primarily because of IL-2.

• Upvote 2

I have a HTC Vive. It works without any problems and i am very happy with the Vive.

It is well worth the money.

I think If VR starts to provide a tangible benefit toward success or at least demonstrative equity during online combat... it 'will' become the norm. All of us like immersion. VR can provide that.

Not sure, VR got its amazing sides, but I know people selling theirs. It is not a must have for me, because it render pretty much of my panels useless. Age give me the benefit of patience and ability to wait out the next move within this technology 

But it will bring more people to this sim, and that is a very good thing. I am sure this was a smart move by the devs

I have the Oculus Rift with touch controlers, gifted to me from my son.  The free gift cost me around $700.00, because I needed a new motherboard, a new 7th gen processor and new ram and just for fun an M2 ssd that fits on the mobo.  Thankfully the two 980 cards I have can handle the display, so far.  VR is the future in gaming and will only get better as time goes on.  I love it in IL2, but it's not competitive against TrackiR and a flat screen at this time. 

I have a vive and a healthy hatred for alterior motive OP's.

Edited by [TWB]Hooves

Well to answer the question I have both Rift and Vive, as well as GearVR with Nolo coming for it.

Edited by Torso

I have a HTC Vive. It works without any problems and i am very happy with the Vive.

It is well worth the money.

Same here.

I have Rift. It has been fun playing with it, great feeling of being there. BoX does a great job implementing VR, best out there.

But resolution is a big weak point of current VR devices. There is no way around it, not with BoX sharpening or with supersampling. Rift is a fun gadget but it hasn't replaced monitor in my case and it can't do it before resolution is improved.

dont have VR yet; and saving Money for rift, but too expensive at the Moment; and i hesitate because of resolution

Edited by II/JG11ATLAN

dont have VR yet; and saving Money for rift, but too expensive at the Moment; and i hesitate because of resolution

If possible, try it out before buying. For some it's not a big deal, to me it is.

dont have VR yet; and saving Money for rift, but too expensive at the Moment; and i hesitate because of resolution

For some of us its essential but its far from perfect in many aspects.

Ill never go back to flat gaming but i can see the drawbacks as well.