Semor76

Pros & cons about 2.009 (no VR)

Share your troughts about the new Patch but leave the VR aspect out. Not everyone have this expensive gadget.

Pros:

I noticed a remarkable FPS gain around 5-10fps with Dynamic Resolution factor set to default (1.0) Got smooth & stable 50 fps in all situations.

With the sharpend filter,the game looks far more crisp and clear now. The Cockpit,the landscape,even the shilouette of other planes around the player are much better visible now.

The "Tree popping problem" is solved to 95%

Cons:

The "Cloud Popping problem" still remains and looks more annoying now.

The GUI is somewhat bugged

Missing Plane Icon on the Map.(not a big deal, VFR Navigation is good for immersion and the maps are not really such big :biggrin: )

More stutters around Airfields in Online matches

Map view in online Games is bugged

The new "Hide GUI to gain FPS" feature is not bad but leads to a massive problem in online matches because with a hidden GUI the player cant recive any server messages (like XY is attacked at sector 1123.5 ) and the chat is shut down too,which leads to the situation the players without Headset cant coordinate their movements on the Map. By far not everyone have a headset or uses Teamspeak!

My specs. AMD FX 6300 OC to 3.75GHz

GForce 750

8 GIG RAM

• Upvote 1

The missing plane icon is a a pain. I can navigate but like the ease of checking map to get a course vector to target or home base. If I wanted full immersion I would play on TAW orvsomething else. I surely do not want to gly around aimlessly looking for my home base. It needs to be fixed.

• Upvote 1

The missing plane icon is a a pain. I can navigate but like the ease of checking map to get a course vector to target or home base. If I wanted full immersion I would play on TAW orvsomething else. I surely do not want to gly around aimlessly looking for my home base. It needs to be fixed.

Have you tried pressing I or H to make the plane reappear?

This doesent work for now. The Plane icon is now linked to the Objects Icons in the settings Menue.

Share your troughts about the new Patch but leave the VR aspect out. Not everyone have this expensive gadget.

Pros:

I noticed a remarkable FPS gain around 5-10fps with Dynamic Resolution factor set to default (1.0) Got smooth & stable 50 fps in all situations.

With the sharpend filter,the game looks far more crisp and clear now. The Cockpit,the landscape,even the shilouette of other planes around the player are much better visible now.

The "Tree popping problem" is solved to 95%

Cons:

The "Cloud Popping problem" still remains and looks more annoying now.

The GUI is somewhat bugged

Missing Plane Icon on the Map.(not a big deal, VFR Navigation is good for immersion and the maps are not really such big :biggrin: )

More stutters around Airfields in Online matches

My specs. AMD FX 6300 OC to 3.75GHz

GForce 750

8 GIG RAM

I have Fx6300 (4.00 Ghz overclock),  16Gb ram, R9 270 (2Gb)  - could you tell me all of yours settings

Hello,

Having strange things occuring for the first time with IL2 BOS since last patch: mouse cursor dissapearing in GUI and also game crashing (or freezing along with mouse cursor dissapearing) making it a pain to go back to desktop.

Otherwise i like the trees of course, btw is there really more AC explosions or is that the placebo thing, or maybe my aim is improving? Anyway i like it. Did not notice performance changes so far, except a loss of FPS and stutters in GUI which i don't care about since the game is running smoothly.

I use 4790K and GF770

Edited by Caudron431Micha

Salute Boris.

I didnt have a High End System,but with the right settings I can run IL-2 with sweet graphics and good performance.

Here we go:

2017_4_12__13_35_40_zpsdkky4pmj.png

I use Windowed mode to bypass VSync.(its a huge FPS killer for my system like too high AA-above 2X)

NVIDIA Control pannel: Antisotrop: 8X everything else.default

Start up config:            bloom_enable = 0

Windows 10 Game mode: On. (make the Gameplay a bit smoother)

Thats it.

• Upvote 1

I briefly tested 2.009 last night without VR and fps was definately better. Also the trees looked much better, almost no popping at all. I think this is pretty nice patch to everyone :)

• Upvote 1

no it won't help, however navigating is now more immersive and i like it!

• Upvote 1

detail, tree, effects, clouds, fps ++    all of these are improved, kudos!

possibly unrelated, or merely consequential: the "treeline problem" has become somewhat more apparent, depending on lighting conditions (esp. winter maps, with broken clouds,) the treeline is very obvious against the ground forest texture in the shade, whereas it blends out very well against the same sunlit background*

*this is a tricky deal, and being a game dev. myself (not with 1c/777 though) I can tell you why t happens:

the problem with the treeline cutting out is that the terrain texture which "carries on" from the point where it fades out, is rendered by a completely different shader than the trees it tries to replace - whereas the texture artists did well in ensuring the transition was well camouflaged in open daylight, with clouds overhead, the lighting changes yield different results on the trees shader from that which the ground shader delivers - the tree shader needs to be adjusted to ensure that tree luminosity matches that of the ground textures in every possible combination of textures and lighting conditions... this is really more trial and error than anything, particularly since the light hits the trees in such a different way from the ground (trees normally grow perpendicular to the surface, right?)

gps icon kaput - not a detractor for me, since I was already embarked on a personal campaign to never use it (and no, you can press anything you like, it won't come back - it's buggered in SP as well) - some ppl do seem to miss it direly though, which probably makes it a big deal

I've had severe issues with HUD placement when trying the sharpen filter option, everything got shoved to the top right corner (technochat, normal chat, icons, the whole gig) I turned it off and restarted the game, and problems went away....  I like Reshade for sharpening better anyways, as that gives me more options (which I don't use in the end, since 39" screen with 1080p is enough a test of what your anti-aliasing can accomplish already)

P40 remains yaw-wobbly to the point of unairworthyness (let alone combat) - this plane being the most prominent of reasons why the rudder updates are so hugely needed... these are not implemented in "two-double-oh-niner" and thus any perceived FM improvements are blissful placebo (enjoy it while it lasts, if you got 'em)

as all big updates, the bugs it brings are about as numerous as the features - this is actually well within the expected average amount of "teething problems" for a patch which contains under-the-hood type upgrades (namely: VR) 

many had reported complained over TS and ingame chat about problems with connection, online play, master server drops and whatnot... this is most likely unrelated to the patch itself, and more a consequence of the huge load put on our old, scrawny-but-faithful Trans-Siberian Carrier Pigeon (aka, the master server) by everybody eagerly downloading the 1.2 gig's of patch in a space of a few hours

Edited by 19//Moach
  • Upvote 2

Plenty of tree poppin still visible just not when zoomed out..

Zoom in all the way on horizon @ 5km away and watch trees load and still rotate.

Stutter seems mucho better maybe even gone. GUI is messed up but ha it plays on high detail everything on nicely now. Good job

My rig isnt all that but I noticed a smoother run now. I'm happy with this update !

Enabled:

1920 x 1080

Full screen

Ultra

Vsync

Sharpen

Distant Landscape Detail x4

Dynamic Res Racter Full

Anti x4

Gamma 7

Nvidia Inspector 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Intel i7  3.71GHz  OC

GTX 1060

8.0 GB

In general I think there is a good improvement in fps with this patch.  I never noticed the texture on the instrument panel of the I-16 before, was it just the lighting, my settings or was I glancing at it too quickly to notice?  

On the down side I am now noticing a shimmer at the edge of the runway or some fields which I think Moach explained in his post.  I am playing with the in game settings and Nvidia driver setting to see if I can reduce it.

Overall I am very pleased with the patch, I only got the stacked techno chat on the upper left once.  Remember also that Win 10 had a patch on tuesday (second tuesday of every month) so I had to reboot after all the updates and this seem fine since then.

new pc: i8-3100, Nvidia 1060 6GB and 8 Gb DDR4 RAM -  - 60 frames per second (Vsync ON) - Ultra settings with Sheriff's published settings.

14 minutes ago, Boris_CRO said:

new pc: i8-3100, Nvidia 1060 6GB and 8 Gb DDR4 RAM -  - 60 frames per second (Vsync ON) - Ultra settings with Sheriff's published settings.

Hopefully you are not still playing on version 2.009.

;)