Han

Game version 2.009 discussion: Open VR support

Rushed in without reading instructions, obviously, and had a couple of issues with my Rift, but after doing it properly and checking the VR button, which I initially missed, all was fine.

OMG ,    What a rush.

The Hanger, the cockpits, THE TREES.

Great job guy's.

Small issues, maybe my end as I've not had much time to debug.

1)  Couldn't work out what the thump/bang noise was, especially as I started in the 88 and 111, but it was my head hitting the canopy ( limited view checked).  Could maybe do with some more work, changed, more subtle sound perhaps and head movement area ?

2) Zoom in external view disabled, it would be nice to have it back.

3) Pan view in hanger.  Hanger looks fab, but it would be nice to be able to pan around the aircraft like before.

4) Interface switches back and forth between IL2 and SteamVR which spoils the immersion some what.

Edited by HagarTheHorrible

Great !!!! Updated and the game crashes just after the launch. :dry: 
So, it worked well before this update. :unsure: 

Try to run Room Setup in Steam VR. 

Thanks, I had already run room setup and it shows tracking and ready to go.

Just can not get a display in the HMD. In my headset I see the Steam VR room, arrow pointing forward ( direction I am facing), and my two sensors.

But never get a display of the game in the headset...

Gotta get ready to go to doc appt, blimey...

Edited by dburne

Hope VR is what everyone wants it to be.  :)  I'm not jumping on that bandwagon yet so I'm actually more interested in these changes.

18. Aircraft weapons damage from HE shell hits became rarer;
19. Ammo explosion simulation improved - now it happens at ammo box location instead of aircraft center and the explosion power varies depending on ammo type and its amount left;

My weapons get shot out pretty regularly in MP. 
  • Upvote 2

Doggone it! Would someone PLEASE post something negative about the VR implimentation??? I'd feel a lot better if you did. It's just not in my budget right now.

Thanks for everyone's hard work. This sounds like another amazing update. Can't wait to try it out.

good job gentlemen. VR is outstanding. The trees are much better. I had shelved BoX until VR was back. Now I've shelved DCS probably for good

• Upvote 2

The list of multiplayers server disappear

This is normal after an update. Some will be up quickly and others will take 24-48 hours depending on the admins of the individual servers.

Thank you for the update. No VR here, but really appreciate the new graphics options.

Just as a small addition to the tips in the DD. If you are owner of a Rift and you encounter blurry/double objects in the area of your propeller radius, this is due to the ASW feature of Oculus. If you turn ASW off (for example in debug tool) those effects will disappear, but gameplay might become a bit more juddery then.

• Upvote 1

good job gentlemen. VR is outstanding. The trees are much better. I had shelved BoX until VR was back. Now I've shelved DCS probably for good

How does it compare to DCS (FPS, resolution, viewing targets at a distance, etc)?

Hmm, how can I turn oFF this (only):

Il-2-2017_aarxhep.jpg

Switch off Instrument panel now dosent work.

It always back when You hit "H" key now :(. Bug I think....

Edited by YoYo

I seem to be having some trouble, not getting anything in my Rift HMD other than audio, just stays on the Steam VR home screen.

Made sure VR was checked in graphics settings...

Will try some more later today.

Be sure you are NOT running the steam VR beta. You will just have a black screen. You need to opt out of the steam vr beta if subscribed to it. Edited by [TWB]Hooves

Unfortunatelly 780 card owners still have to stick with old 368.81 driver :((((

Otherwise, great update.

Great !!!! Updated and the game crashes just after the launch. :dry: 

So, it worked well before this update. :unsure: 

Had the same - it was my EVGA OCX software.

Not sure if I'm happy to find the cause so quick or unhappy I cant use the software with BOS

THe crash also removed the control panel item from the desktop right click but this was back ok after a reboot. 

How does it compare to DCS (FPS, resolution, viewing targets at a distance, etc)?

honestly, i'd take il2 over dcs every day. resolution is amazing, no fps problem for my current pc, i'm able to spot airplanes very well, even when i'm above them. i've been able to spot a plane below with a difference in altitude of 5 km, in dcs its impossible for me. and with the zoom feature its even better

i'm playing with full resolution in game, now i'll try with 1.5 supersampling from steamVR config file and se how it goes

Edited by johnmw54

So far everythign awesome. I have one strange soundhowever. No matter the plane (Tried 109 and 190) i have some sound as if someone is kicking against the plane from the outside.
Strange. Anyone got a clou what that could be? And no I am not being shot at whiel this sound occurs.

Unfortunatelly 780 card owners still have to stick with old 368.81 driver :((((

Otherwise, great update.

That's unfortunate. My GTX760 handles it very well, even better after this patch. I'm getting 3-5fps improvement.

Many thanks for the update and the time to write very detailed notes for users. I will not be dragging passengers off of my overbooked Ju52 tonight. Just saying.

Edited by TunaEatsLion
  • Upvote 4

Great !!!! Updated and the game crashes just after the launch. :dry: So, it worked well before this update. :unsure:

Hey dude. I had the same issues. I did a number of things 1 of which fixed this but am.not sure which.

Updated video drivers

Added exception to anti virus

Reinstalled .net

Reinstalled direct x

Then a pc restart.

Sorry I can't be more specific. But I had forgotten to restart my right after each one.

silly question, but i was reading the notes and it says vr has a 2x zoom by holding ..........   lol i cant find what button it would be in the notes.  if we cant have zoom in vr, its not a big deal to me, was just wondering.  looks like the vis distance to see aircraft is around 3-4k which is same as warthunder so im happy with that.  on the whole everything looks great and feels great.  thx

p.s love the clunking sound when i hit my head on the inside of the canopy lol

Like a lot of people , no VR at home (yet ?!....) but very impressed and thankfull for the new graphics improvements !!...

Big thanks for your works , this sim is becoming better and better !!....

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Fps is solely dependent on ones system. I get the same FPS in both sims. Spotting is an issue with both sims also, it's a limitation of current VR. I will admit I've mapped the zoom function for ground pounding. I really does help, it's not available in DCS, I'd be happier with custom icons but that seems to be a different discussion. DCS for me, is a broken promise. Too long a development process and very poor PR. A mismatch of modules and no real cohesion between the dev and the 3rd parties.

So...

What about the aerodynamic model changes that affect roll coupling of the rudder?   When will this be released?

Far more important to me than graphics eye candy fixes.

• Upvote 2

anyone got a terrible low performance in UI ?a little bit strange. performance in game is fine but UI is terrible...

• Upvote 1

So...

What about the aerodynamic model changes that affect roll coupling of the rudder?   When will this be released?

I don't know about you, but performance enhancements and eye candy are always good in my book. Are we not trying "simulate" what we see naturally here or have I been living an illusion for 18 years? I want to see the FM changes as well.....but really? This is a huge step forward, why piss on it?

anyone got a terrible low performance in UI ?a little bit strange. performance in game is fine but UI is terrible...

low-ish - a bit laggy with screen tear - odd but not a breaker

• Upvote 1

I just found that too, maybe system dependent. Best to make a short video of it and create a thread in the bugs section of the forums, post the video there.

• Upvote 1

When will this be released?

When the developers feel it's ready to be released to the public. 

Great stuff. Well done chaps. I am realy enjoying the ride. Like the graphic enhancements etc...thanks for the skins also. (Can we please have a few more f4s) I dont have Vr but am happy for those have. A question does the fps limiter still work? Thanks again devs.

So...

What about the aerodynamic model changes that affect roll coupling of the rudder? When will this be released?

Most of the graphics improvements here are pretty significant ones.

I had gotten the impression as well, that the rudder changes were coming with this update, but it was never said that it would be, and the devs have made sure to point out, that it's gonna be a long process changing it for all planes at once.

Edited by Finkeren

VR zoom button assignment is in Camera section in Key Mapping.

Jason

I found it in the Pilot head section. And btw. I Love it. Greatly helps! Over all VR implementation is GREAT! Well done!!!

Still i get this strange sounds as if someone kicks against the airplane from the outside:) Anyone know what that is and how i get rid of it?

Edited by Irgendjemand

Well, what can I say?

Far clearer for me than DCS or WT and absolutely no motion sickness, even in extreme maneuvers.

My only gripe is I don't seem to be able to adjust my seating so im a little low compared to the sight, but im still playing with key settings.

Brilliant job, guys and girls.

VR is superb for this game, situational awareness is wonderful.

I didnt think the initial release would be this good.

Nice.

That's unfortunate. My GTX760 handles it very well, even better after this patch. I'm getting 3-5fps improvement.

I have fps improvement too, but the game crashes after few minutes with latest drivers :(

I found it in the Pilot head section. And btw. I Love it. Greatly helps! Over all VR implementation is GREAT! Well done!!!

Still i get this strange sounds as if someone kicks against the airplane from the outside:) Anyone know what that is and how i get rid of it?

Oh I think we moved it. Was in Camera. The noise you hear is probably your head hitting the canopy. Deselect it in Settings.

jason

I just tried out several taking off and landing with VR. Very nice. I do love it! Thanks a lot!

Oh I think we moved it. Was in Camera. The noise you hear is probably your head hitting the canopy. Deselect it in Settings.

jason

Would be nice to also have a sound as you drag your nose across the inside of the canopy.

Well, what can I say?

Far clearer for me than DCS or WT and absolutely no motion sickness, even in extreme maneuvers.

My only gripe is I don't seem to be able to adjust my seating so im a little low compared to the sight, but im still playing with key settings.

Brilliant job, guys and girls.

VR is superb for this game, situational awareness is wonderful.

I didnt think the initial release would be this good.

Nice.

Stop writing such things I'm still at work chained to my desk.

Doggone it! Would someone PLEASE post something negative about the VR implimentation??? I'd feel a lot better if you did. It's just not in my budget right now.

Thanks for everyone's hard work. This sounds like another amazing update. Can't wait to try it out.

Pimax 4k is working and looking nice...no 6dof but everything else is there with beautiful resolution. I will play with visual settings later but so far amazing for only 300$ & head tracking improvements in the works.
  • Upvote 3