VRRiderocket

More planes.

Here's some planes I'd like to see added in IL-2.

Yak-9

Bf 109-G6

La-5F

Li-2

The Yak-9, was also common in Kuban (not sure about Stalingrad).

The Bf 109-G6 is petty cool, but I'm not sure if they even seen combat in Kuban yet alone the other theatres.

La-5F, and not the Early one we have, I mean the one with the better canopy! :)

Li-2 for transport :)

And maybe also;

I-153

Po-2

Il-4

Hurricane

It feels like theres alot more to add on the allies side, and after the HS129 is in BoX, the Luftwaffe on The eastern front for our theatre's will pretty much be completed.

I can't really think of any other planes that seen combat over Russia between 41 - 43.

But in all seriousness, I do believe they will be moving full steam ahead towards the Pacific once Kuban is released. Maybe in the future if they have time and see fit we could see these, but I'm not holding my breath. All of them are cool planes though.

I wasn't a fan of the eastern front before this sim, I only got it back in early access because I was playing rise of flight, and the thought of RoF WW2 was enough for me to shell out my wallet.

I really hope they do come back to eastern front (and DX11 and VR for RoF) in the future.

But I'm also looking forward to the Pacific! I'll probably fly the A6M and SBD Dauntless.. alot

I wasn't a fan of the eastern front before this sim, I only got it back in early access because I was playing rise of flight, and the thought of RoF WW2 was enough for me to shell out my wallet.

I really hope they do come back to eastern front (and DX11 and VR for RoF) in the future.

But I'm also looking forward to the Pacific! I'll probably fly the A6M and SBD Dauntless.. alot

I'm with you there! I will be tearing shit up in a Dauntless! I'm also PRAYING we get the "son of a bitch 2nd class" (SB2C Helldiver) at some point. I cant wait to send some Jap steel to the bottom of the briny deep. :joy::soldier::salute:

I asked that Question on the TS Live Q&A with Jason and Han, they answered it a Million Times before. 

New Collector Planes are purely Luxury Items that come whenever 3D Modellers and FM Modellers have Surplus Time. But they Operate on a Tight Schedule and you shouldn't expect anything but take what they got whenever they got it. 

I'm with you there! I will be tearing shit up in a Dauntless! I'm also PRAYING we get the "son of a bitch 2nd class" (SB2C Helldiver) at some point. I cant wait to send some Jap steel to the bottom of the briny deep. :joy::soldier::salute:

+1

Too many anti-Eastern Fronters to allow that, however nice it would be.

Unpopular opinion: I really, really don't care about the Pacific. I'll buy it to support 777/1CGS but it goes not a millimeter deeper than that.  :mellow:

• Upvote 2

Too many anti-Eastern Fronters to allow that, however nice it would be.

Unpopular opinion: I really, really don't care about the Pacific. I'll buy it to support 777/1CGS but it goes not a millimeter deeper than that.  :mellow:

Not diggin at you Ghost, but what is it that turns you off about the Pacific?

Edited by CG_Justin

I wasn`t a fan of the Eastern front either until, well not this sim, but the original IL2. Pretty much exploded my knowledge of the Eastern front in WW2. I said it before and I`ll say it again, if you want to educate children, (maybe even adults) have games closely based on real-life stuff  with real facts and kids will learn a 1000 times faster. I even think they should get young kids having trouble with maths to play board games like Mechwarrior batteltech- If you wanna win, you`ll start learning your basic maths pretty damn fast!

Anyway, there is quite an anti Eastern front mentality out there because of Communism. I don`t blame them, but i want to fly WW2 aircraft and I fly in the spirit of the time, so I can overlook these things.

Edited by seafireliv

An IL2 with those great big 37mm cannons.

That would be sweet! I'd pay for one of those.

I've got two letters and one number for you:

P - O - 2.

• Upvote 1

Like the one we have ingame already?

You already did. The BoS IL-2 comes with 37mm cannon.

• Upvote 1

I wasn`t a fan of the Eastern front either until, well not this sim, but the original IL2. Pretty much exploded my knowledge of the Eastern front in WW2. I said it before and I`ll say it again, if you want to educate children, (maybe even adults) have games closely based on real-life stuff  with real facts and kids will learn a 1000 times faster. I even think they should get young kids having trouble with maths to play board games like Mechwarrior batteltech- If you wanna win, you`ll start learning your basic maths pretty damn fast!

Anyway, there is quite an anti Eastern front mentality out there because of Communism. I don`t blame them, but i want to fly WW2 aircraft and I fly in the spirit of the time, so I can overlook these things.

I'm in this camp as well. The Eastern front was not my major interest area, but WWII combat aviation is just too fascinating to not suck you in, whatever the theater. Now I'm reading everything I can get my hands on, and would love to see more VVS fighters and Eastern front battles for us to fly.

I think the move to the Pacific will work the same way. Once we're actually playing the sim, I think more than one anti-pacific flyer will be converted.

Not diggin at you Ghost, but what is it that turns you off about the Pacific?

It's not that I'm turned off from it, it's just that for as long as I've been fascinated with aerial combat it has been an interest centered around the European theaters. The Pacific theater is just sort of boring to me... Water, water, water, turn fight, water, water, carrier landing. I don't say this to discredit the opinion of others.

There are so many aircraft, venues and personalities that will go untouched, unbuilt upon and not fleshed out by the sudden theater change. I'd personally prefer to see a single theater fleshed out and full circle before moving on to the next thing, but I do reiterate, I stand behind the team and I'll purchase anything they put out even if there isn't a direct correlation between what I want vs. what gets built.

Edited by Space_Ghost
  • Upvote 1

It's not that I'm turned off from it, it's just that for as long as I've been fascinated with aerial combat it has been an interest centered around the European theaters. The Pacific theater is just sort of boring to me... Water, water, water, turn fight, water, water, carrier landing. I don't say this to discredit the opinion of others.

There are so many aircraft, venues and personalities that will go untouched, unbuilt upon and not fleshed out by the sudden theater change. I'd personally prefer to see a single theater fleshed out and full circle before moving on to the next thing, but I do reiterate, I stand behind the team and I'll purchase anything they put out even if there isn't a direct correlation between what I want vs. what gets built.

They are following the IL-2 1946 release path pretty much. Start with eastern, move to pacific, move back to eastern, then to western, then, 1946. 

Except now every plane needs a detailed flight model, even the AI so we don't end up with "cheating AI" posts. That's why they aren't releasing any unflyable planes. 

I'm excited for the pacific because carrier landings will be difficult, and maybe this time they'll do it better than last time. Which would be cool. :) 

The Eastern front is really perfect for combat flight simming. Lots of planes, lots of adversaries, short distances, low-level combat.

The Pacific and the bombing campaigns of Western Europe took place over huge distances and (in the latter case) very high altitudes. Difficult to fit into a typical online simming session.

• Upvote 3

The Eastern front is really perfect for combat flight simming. Lots of planes, lots of adversaries, short distances, low-level combat.

The Pacific and the bombing campaigns of Western Europe took place over huge distances and (in the latter case) very high altitudes. Difficult to fit into a typical online simming session.

This is a point I've been making over and over. The Eastern Front is the setting for a combat oriented flight sim. No other single theatre offers the scope, the variety and the four years of continous, high intensity conflict as well as a tactical doctrine that fits well with gaming.

• Upvote 3

Well put Finkeren, and even more insightful with the current state of demands from the player base, that is, ever more detailed cockpits and cockpit functionalities,  high detail 3D exterior models, ever higher fidelity damage and flight modeling, and of course ever higher detailed maps and landscape.  

All these things demand more from our PCs, even as PCs become more powerful, they still have not caught up with player expectations.  Hence it makes far more sense from a game developer's standpoint to stick with low level tactical, small unit situations.  Those who want to see the tactical bombing campaign on the Western Front are just never going to be satisfied with the compromises that would be necessary to implement the vast numbers of aircraft necessary to do this, much less the fact that this engine simply cannot offer the visibility distance necessary for high level (20,000 feet) bombing.

Of course these limitations also work in favor of the Pacific, as it was mostly mid to low level tactical flying, the lone exception being the bombing campaign against mainland Japan late in the war.  This would make the game engine's capabilities ideal for New Guinea, CBI, and the Solomons..

• Upvote 1

I only have BOM. Guess I'll be buying BOS today. :)

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't think the 37mm were available.

Thanks again. Just bought BOS and as you said, the 37s are there.

Very nice. :cool:

Id like to see more different types of aircraft rather than variations/iterations of one airframe.

However I understand that folk like version X or Y, but, to me, seeing something new in the air keeps things fresh.

Id like to see more different types of aircraft rather than variations/iterations of one airframe.

However I understand that folk like version X or Y, but, to me, seeing something new in the air keeps things fresh.

A Hurricane would be really nice to have. 

What would be really sweet, is if in the occasional update a free plane was included. Just... once in a while. :rolleyes:

Free Planes would have to be very simple. I think one without Engine would be best. 

DFS 230 Cargo Glider

38db101112f2f36411b59bd0d6352daf.jpg

Gotha 242

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-004-3633-07%2C_Ru

Me-321

messerschmitt-me321-4.jpg

Some very interesting types are coming in Battle of Kuban, three of my favorites in there too, actually.  The Douglas A 20, The Bell P 39. and the Yak 7.

The move to the Pacific will bring an even greater diversity of aircraft types and design philosophies.

In this case patience is a virtue.

Some very interesting types are coming in Battle of Kuban, three of my favorites in there too, actually.  The Douglas A 20, The Bell P 39. and the Yak 7.

The move to the Pacific will bring an even greater diversity of aircraft types and design philosophies.

In this case patience is a virtue.

Patience? from us? Never!

BoX's content has improved hugely since it's inception and feels more on par with Il2 but we are never satisfied and must have all the planes...

Also, Id love that glider above.

A Hurricane would be really nice to have.

What would be really sweet, is if in the occasional update a free plane was included. Just... once in a while. :rolleyes:

A completely new model built from scratch, researched, designed, tested - for free? That's six weeks of work for half the team.

What I would like to see are different versions of already existing planes released at a reduced price. That could give us an early Yak-1, a LaGG-3 s. 35, aYak-9T, a Ju-87B or R, a P-39D or N without too much work - and an early LaGG-3, and P-40M, a La-5F or FN, a Bf 109 G6, a Pe-3, an A-20G and a Ju-88C with slightly more effort.

Edited by Finkeren
  • Upvote 1

I will agree in wishing to finish the Eastern Front before moving on. I will still get the Pacific just because. I think it will be awesome as well. I am a bit excited about the Pacific I'm just sad to leave behind the Eastern Front unfinished. I really hope they can hire some extra 3d modelers and FM builders. If they had a couple of employees focused solely on cranking out DLC Collector Planes one after another, we could get the plane sets fleshed out and generate more income for the Devs.

Finkeren, a P40M would require a new 3D model as it is longer than an E, and there are other detail changes.

A completely new model built from scratch, researched, designed, tested - for free? That's six weeks of work for half the team.

Yes, exactly that.

I'm not saying they have to. I'm not even saying we deserve it. But gifts for loyal customers is a noble tradition. Keeps those who have already spent money happy and inclined to spend more, and shows would be customers how nice it is to be part of the team.

I've been in business for twenty-years and I know from long experience that occasionally giving more than what the customer paid for is a sound business policy.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that it would be nice. That's all. :)

Yes, exactly that.

I'm not saying they have to. I'm not even saying we deserve it. But gifts for loyal customers is a noble tradition. Keeps those who have already spent money happy and inclined to spend more, and shows would be customers how nice it is to be part of the team.

I've been in business for twenty-years and I know from long experience that occasionally giving more than what the customer paid for is a sound business policy.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that it would be nice. That's all. :)

You're not in game development, beholden to investors.

They already under-promise and over-deliver.

Let's give them the credit they deserve for that rather than riding them for free aircraft.

• Upvote 2

Are you guys all lawyers for the company?

All I said was the occasional party favour would be nice. I'm not whining about it, nor am I complaining about the sim. I think it's great. And if you read this thread, you will note that because someone told me BOS had a plane with a loadout I wanted, I bought BOS on my way home from work today. So I don't think I'm being a cheapskate either.

Again, all I said was that it would be nice. Take the statement for what it was. :)

This simulator and is community is too fighter fixed for me, knowing what the developers could do there should be a lot more. 

If I had a wish I would like to have a more user-friendly ME with recceplanes and transports , triggers to set enabling them for use in its original purpose for offline flying

Yeah I know this is no prescription for money to the developers, but what the hell as long as we are dreaming....

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte

I think the Devs already mentioned their Work on Simplifying the FM Production Process so FMs are easier to create and change. 

The Aircraft I think would be the coolest because 3D models and Cockpits are already available would be the Hurricane Mk.II and Ju-87B from Cliffs of Dover ported over to BoX. 

They did it for the 110E and 109E and it would work just as well for those two. Maybe even a He-111-H-3 or H-4. Maybe even a 111P with Daimler Benz engines. 

Cargo Gliders would be a cool Toy to have. Not much more. 

Edited by 6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann

All I said was the occasional party favour would be nice. I'm not whining about it, nor am I complaining about the sim. I think it's great. And if you read this thread, you will note that because someone told me BOS had a plane with a loadout I wanted, I bought BOS on my way home from work today. So I don't think I'm being a cheapskate either.

Again, all I said was that it would be nice. Take the statement for what it was. :)

Uh huh...and I said they already under-promise and over-deliver.

Aircraft take many, MANY man-hours to create.

We want this sim to keep going, thus it's not in anyone's interest, including ours to be given aircraft for free.

Edited by Gambit21

Uh huh...and I said they already under-promise and over-deliver.

Aircraft take many, MANY man-hours to create.

We want this sim to keep going, thus it's not in anyone's interest, including ours to be given aircraft for free.

That is patently ridiculous.

I am neither suggesting a vital organ be donated nor a PIN number be given out. I merely stated that the occasional gift would be warmly received.

Breathe, my friend. This is not that heavy. ;)

That is patently ridiculous.

I am neither suggesting a vital organ be donated nor a PIN number be given out. I merely stated that the occasional gift would be warmly received.

Breathe, my friend. This is not that heavy. ;)

You said free aircraft - I'm telling you that's not going to happen and why.

Yet you write back as if I'm in hysterics and then condescend as if you're the one in possession of some greater wisdom on this matter.

Grow up.

What would be really sweet, is if in the occasional update a free plane was included. Just... once in a while.  :rolleyes:

It would certainly be a nice thing to have! :)

Some of the guys have reacted the way they have because we've heard directly from the developers that development money is there but its incredibly tight and they are working very hard just to deliver the things that they have promised. So the rather serious undertone is simply because we know that development is rocketing along but it is always threatened with suddenly stopping if the money doesn't come in from sales.

Still... wistfully I would love to see the odd new plane added as a bonus. I just don't think it would happen. :)

If you're interested in the backgrounder on everything the two Q&A sessions with Jason Williams are long but worth listening to if you really want to get a sense of the behind the scenes action. It's fascinating and a little bit troubling too just how difficult it is to get things done... and yet, 1CGS makes it look easy sometimes!

https://stormbirds.wordpress.com/2016/09/10/qa-with-jason-williams-summary/

https://stormbirds.wordpress.com/2016/12/04/what-we-learned-from-the-il-2-december-qa-session/

• Upvote 1

You said free aircraft - I'm telling you that's not going to happen and why.

Yet you write back as if I'm in hysterics and then condescend as if you're the one in possession of some greater wisdom on this matter.

Grow up.

I do believe you are overreacting, yes.

That said, perhaps everyone involved just needs a good meal. I certainly do. :)

It would certainly be a nice thing to have! :)

Some of the guys have reacted the way they have because we've heard directly from the developers that development money is there but its incredibly tight and they are working very hard just to deliver the things that they have promised. So the rather serious undertone is simply because we know that development is rocketing along but it is always threatened with suddenly stopping if the money doesn't come in from sales.

Still... wistfully I would love to see the odd new plane added as a bonus. I just don't think it would happen. :)

If you're interested in the backgrounder on everything the two Q&A sessions with Jason Williams are long but worth listening to if you really want to get a sense of the behind the scenes action. It's fascinating and a little bit troubling too just how difficult it is to get things done... and yet, 1CGS makes it look easy sometimes!

https://stormbirds.wordpress.com/2016/09/10/qa-with-jason-williams-summary/

https://stormbirds.wordpress.com/2016/12/04/what-we-learned-from-the-il-2-december-qa-session/

You, sir, write a very reasoned and well worded post.

• Upvote 1