busdriver

Update on our hero Requiem--April 6th

It's 2200 here in Minnesota. Just got the text from Requiem that he successfully completed his First Officer Line Oriented Evaluation (LOE in airline jargon) on the CRJ-900 for Endeavor Air. That completes his simulator training and now he will start flying the jet as a working FO. The first 25 hours of flight experience will be under the supervision of an Instructor Pilot/Check Airman.

Our hero is an airline pilot! A mere 27 months after his first flying lesson.

Well Done!

• Upvote 21

congrats! Maybe some day I'll hear your voice over the intercom of a real plane, that same voice heard in your training videos many times cool!

Mate, it was a given you were going to get there. Bloody well done mate.

You know, if you're an actual pilot now, no one will question you if you buy an Oculus Rift and just spaz out playing IL-2 in your underwear all day. 

Or not, either way, Congratulations. 

Who`s Requiem?

Didn't you hear man, he's a pilot. He's got wings. He sings with the angels. He floats through the stars at night to the gasping wonder of children and IL-2 fans. Treat him with some respect.

• Upvote 3

He was a member of legendary IRFC squadron in ROF. The very only virtual squadron whose 70% of members become real pilots AFTER simmin in ROF. Isnt that amazing?

Good job.

Edited by blackram

Nah, now he be yelling at crew scheduling...   :)

some advice from my time there:

1. The crew lounge is a den of snakes mostly occupied by generally unhappy people, especially KDTW.

2. Flight attendants are trouble. PERIOD. Don't mix work and pleasure.

3. Don't assume Delta mainline pilots to have ever heard of Endeavor.

4. Wendy's has the cheapest airport food. Coffee is everywhere. Airport Starbucks will bleed you dry.

5. Avoid lounging in the gate area prior to departure. Trust me. Too many variables.

6. Older people will respect you. Younger people are barely cognizant that a live human is driving the thing.

Edited by -Crowz-xThrottle_Geek

Nah, now he be yelling at crew scheduling...   :)

1. The crew lounge is a den of snakes mostly occupied by generally unhappy people, especially KDTW.

4. Wendy's has the cheapest airport food. Coffee is everywhere. Airport Starbucks will bleed you dry.

5. Avoid lounging in the gate area prior to departure. Trust me. Too many variables.

6. Older people will respect you. Younger people are barely cognizant that a live human is driving the thing.

82075.jpg

• Upvote 3

"Code 2, stick actuator."  :lol:

Author of some of the very best flight guides on you tube.

...See his channel here.

FANTASTIC news.  Thanks for the update, Busdriver, and way ta go, Requiem!  Sure has been fun watching this journey!

• Upvote 1

Congrats Req, way to go man.

Who`s Requiem?

Former IRFC member for years and a oponnent way to hard for me as I never see him coming to shoot, now a SYN member so I'm safe hehehe.

Haash

Congratulations. :)

Thanks a lot everyone! :) Getting my ATP with type rating on the first attempt is a huge weight off my back. I've worked extremely hard to not fail any check rides throughout all my training and it's paid off. It's been quite the journey to make it to this point and, as I've said many times before, people know I'm incredibly lucky to even be in this career path now. Just got to keep going with this next step and do my best to continue making those responsible proud and show I was worthy of their faith in me and one day pay it forward to someone else.

My first real flight in the CRJ900 with passengers is going to be in a few days so that's almost a bit hard for me to process right now! :)

congrats! Maybe some day I'll hear your voice over the intercom of a real plane, that same voice heard in your training videos many times cool!

If you're ever flying a Delta connection flight and hear an Aussie accent be sure to say hello! :)

Who`s Requiem?

Just a random flight simmer who had some amazing people place a lot of faith in him to make the transition from flying simulators to the real thing in a short timeframe.

Nah, now he be yelling at crew scheduling... :)

Thanks for the advice, moving into the 121 airline flying is a huge step from where I was as a CFI so I'm trying to keep up as best I can. Edited by SYN_Requiem
  • Upvote 4

No problem. Let me know if you have any other questions. I would be happy to answer if I'm able. I spent 8 years with Endeavor. Based in KMEM and KDTW. 

Noice. I still want to get my personal pilot's licence. I should do that some time... I don't think I'll ever flying something that big, but flying a sign towing plane would be nice. 

Who`s Requiem?

He's spooky good. After watching his RoF tutorials I was convinced he was a RL fighter pilot.

Besides his RoF tutorials he made some Air Combat Tutorials for BoS.  And when we'd meet up online, if I ever every time I lost sight all I had to do was Check Six and he would be there ready to gun my brains out. As sim enthusiasts we are a better group due to his contribution. I'm glad to count him as my friend!

• Upvote 1

Guest deleted@30725

Good job. Always nice to see people achieve their own personal goals :)

Congratulations mate! Great job as usual.

Congratulations, Happy to see your dedication, perseverance and talent to achieve your flying goal got rewarded, Way to Go Mate