Sign in to follow this  
Buzzsaw

Thanks to the Community for their support, TF starting work with the Source Code

Salute to All

Team Fusion is very happy to report we now have access to the Source Code.  (all 29.2 gb of it...  :yahoo:)

Thanks to Nikolay Baryshnikov and Jason Williams for their good faith and willingness to trust TFS with this valuable piece of software.  :good:

I also want to thank all those members of the community who supported us and who are welcoming CLIFFS OF DOVER back to the great IL-2 series.

As Jason said to me, "I got interested in Flight Sims because of my experience as part of the IL-2 community, that started me on the path to RoF and BoS."  And the same goes for the members of TFS... we are all from the community, and we are all Flight Sim enthusiasts.

Lots of work ahead, but we are ready for the challenge and looking forward to providing some shiny new toys for everyone to play with.  :gamer:

• Upvote 20

Great !

Thank You for all work and..... please do more! :D

CoD has a big potential still and can't wait for new theatre.

Maybe the main wheels in Bf-109 will be corrected?  :salute:

Nowy-1_zps2tbvowrm.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Sounds  very promising Buzz!  I had not touched Cliffs for years and just started playing with the merged DL.  This sim has HUGE potential and I'm confident that TFS is the team to bring it out.  I

It would be great if you could post a schedule of what is going to be happening next with Cliffs with target dates ... like Jason and company did with BOS, BOM and BOK.   ;)

Thanks for the good news Buzzsaw.  Looking forward - with wallet ready - for what TFS can bring us in the future.

Good luck! :salute:

Salute to All

Team Fusion is very happy to report we now have access to the Source Code.  (all 29.2 gb of it...  :yahoo:)

:good: 

Very exciting times!

Really looking forward to what the future brings here!

Great news. What comes now should put everything seen before in the shade. I can not wait anymore to fly over the deserts of North Africa.

I wish you much success.

Literally unplayable.

[edited]

Way out of line.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

I think you misunderstand his humor. I've known him a while and I can tell you it is occasionally pretty dry. With that in mind, the message is clearly that there are bigger fish to fry in tuning up CoD. 

• Upvote 1

I think you misunderstand his humor. I've known him a while and I can tell you it is occasionally pretty dry. With that in mind, the message is clearly that there are bigger fish to fry in tuning up CoD.

No. I got it fine. My message was pretty clear too.

Never read it, since i got here late. But i bet it was so clear the admin decided to clear it up :)

BTW Space_Ghost, i loled :D

Edited by Lolsav

[edited]

Way out of line.

Aww man, I missed it.  :(

Very dry. I was definitely joking, though.  :happy:

Aww man, I missed it.  :(

Very dry. I was definitely joking, though.  :happy:

Something about you and female bodyparts  ;)

Grt M

Never read it, since i got here late. But i bet it was so clear the admin decided to clear it up :)

BTW Space_Ghost, i loled :D

[Edited]

Edited by Bearcat

[edited]

no need - crawl away back to where you came from.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

Something about you and female bodyparts  ;)

Grt M

If what Murf said is true, one could say I'm a bit of a dry vagina.

Woo-wee, can anybody else slice the tension in this thread?

To get back on topic, I wish TFS the best of luck with the source code and I fully intend to revisit Cliffs in the coming months.

Edited by Space_Ghost
  • Upvote 1

[edited]

Such unintelligent drivel is not even worth getting upset about, we all know you aim for a ban, if you can´t do better you might as well PM a admin and ask for the ban instead 

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
  • Upvote 1

That's important...will be another decade, but that's ok with me

Edited by SlipBall

Such unintelligent drivel is not even worth getting upset about, we all know you aim for a ban, if you can´t do better you might as well PM a admin and ask for the ban instead

Lusekofte made a funny and I missed it. :(

Salute to All

Thanks to Nikolay Baryshnikov and Jason Williams for their good faith and willingness to trust TFS with this valuable piece of software.  :good:

I also want to thank all those members of the community who supported us and who are welcoming CLIFFS OF DOVER back to the great IL-2 series.

As Jason said to me, "I got interested in Flight Sims because of my experience as part of the IL-2 community, that started me on the path to RoF and BoS."  And the same goes for the members of TFS... we are all from the community, and we are all Flight Sim enthusiasts.

Lots of work ahead, but we are ready for the challenge and looking forward to providing some shiny new toys for everyone to play with.  :gamer:

Thank you very much guys :D 

Maybe the main wheels in Bf-109 will be corrected?  :salute:

Nowy-1_zps2tbvowrm.jpg

Literally unplayable.

The Bf109 Bf110 slides on the ground as on ice.

This is also the reason why nobody flies from my squadron Clod

I know. The bogus ground handling is one of the odder design choices made in the last few years via TF.

I trust these guys will sort things out as time goes on - for better or worse - because they do care about what they're working on.

Is this changed? I flew in a 110 unit and none of us had any problems with groundhandeling. Personally I think engine tolerance in many planes are way to strict Like the Blenheim, forgetting to open the cowl flaps after startup , instantly wreck the engines starting to taxiing. But these things are a learning curve. I am sure they are going to fix many issues once they getting around to it. I have flown some missions lately and enjoyed it. Happy days

I know. The bogus ground handling is one of the odder design choices made in the last few years via TF.

I trust these guys will sort things out as time goes on - for better or worse - because they do care about what they're working on.

I dont recognised the "sliding on ice" reference.

I dont recognised the "sliding on ice" reference.

My favorite, spawn in, and the plane starts spinning, as it seeks the relative wind while parked. Needs work.

• Upvote 1

My favorite, spawn in, and the plane starts spinning, as it seeks the relative wind while parked. Needs work.

hit your chocks. its what everyone else does

Perhaps not but if I l was looking at this thread before I bought the game comments like this......

...would give me a completely inaccurate impression of uncontrollable aircraft skating across the field in front of my eyes . I mean, clearly an issue so bad it prevents an entire squadron from playing the game - WOW its must be catastrophic.

Except it isn't is it?

Its just the tap of a key on spawn in and a factor that doesn't affect the aircraft once its under power and taxiing.

I do agree it would be better if it didn't happen but its not as bad a problem as is, perhaps unintentionally, its made out  to be here. 

Taking off in clod Spit (MSFF2) was always lottery to me. It was not game breaker but I do not understand why it was so badly modeled. Hope it will be fixed with new TF release :)

Edited by 307_Tomcat

....again, and i know im sounding like a fanboy, but also use an MSFF stick and have no problems taking off in the spitfire. What part of it do you think is so badly modelled? Hopefully that question doesn't come across as being aggressive, I'm not meaning to be, I'm just curious as to why you think the take off modelling is so bad? 

....again, and i know im sounding like a fanboy, but also use an MSFF stick and have no problems taking off in the spitfire. What part of it do you think is so badly modelled? Hopefully that question doesn't come across as being aggressive, I'm not meaning to be, I'm just curious as to why you think the take off modelling is so bad? 

Because it's not modeled that great..?

I, for one, find ground handling in Cliffs' pretty annoying and entirely unconvincing... While I was flying with ACG some years back hitting an invisible pothole and shooting 30' in to the air was the order of the day. Or playing Tokyo Drift in a 109 while taxiing to start position... People critique the lack of "weight" in BOX's FM... Cliffs' ground handling model feels completely weightless and there seems to be no friction modeling between field surfaces/tires. That and torque effect, ground effect, etc. Certainly not perfect. Certainly not the industry standard.

Why do you think the take off modeling is so accurate or acceptable? Ground handling is Cliffs' second weakest point. No aggression intended either but this rationale most certainly applies both ways.

In response to the "if I was just about to purchase this and I read XYZ" - doesn't any criticism of BOX apply the same way or is that somehow different? These forums are absolutely full of BOX criticism - nearly every thread contains criticism in some way. Do you share your "genuine" concern there too?

Edited by Space_Ghost

The potholes on certain airfields are due to map leveling issues, not ground handling. Hopefully we can get those holes fixed because they are rather annoying!

• Upvote 1

Because it's not modeled that great..?

I, for one, find ground handling in Cliffs' pretty annoying and entirely unconvincing... While I was flying with ACG some years back hitting an invisible pothole and shooting 30' in to the air was the order of the day. Or playing Tokyo Drift in a 109 while taxiing to start position... People critique the lack of "weight" in BOX's FM... Cliffs' ground handling model feels completely weightless and there seems to be no friction modeling between field surfaces/tires. That and torque effect, ground effect, etc. Certainly not perfect. Certainly not the industry standard.

Why do you think the take off modeling is so accurate or acceptable? Ground handling is Cliffs' second weakest point. No aggression intended either but this rationale most certainly applies both ways.

In response to the "if I was just about to purchase this and I read XYZ" - doesn't any criticism of BOX apply the same way or is that somehow different? These forums are absolutely full of BOX criticism - nearly every thread contains criticism in some way. Do you share your "genuine" concern there too?

Obviously you are entitled to your opinion.   :salute:

But as others have mentioned, the slight drift of aircraft immediately on spawn in when engines are not running can be stopped immediately by the application of the 'Chocks In' command.  Then the engines can be started, and the aircraft will taxi normally once the 'Chocks Out' command is used... there will be no drift.

The issue of ground friction is one which TF is happy to acknowledge is one of CoD's weak points, BoX is much better in its modeling, but we do hope to address this for TF 5.0... and the temporary fix we have in place in the form of chocks does work.

And as this aspect of the game is really a minor part of the overall experience, (we are a Combat Flight Simulator) we would encourage you to try the 4.5 version when it comes out.  We have improved a number of the aspects of aircraft takeoff... the runs are shorter, Prop thrust is better modeled.

Thanks  ;)

Edited by Buzzsaw
  • Upvote 1