YoYo

Tobruk Map - addon

Maybe another topic (summing up) for North Africa addon for IL-2 CoD?

Tobruk%20Map_zpsj5epvljk.jpg

and question for TF Team, Do You have in Your plan to do campaign for Single Player with this addon?

Edited by YoYo
  • Upvote 4

What is required for the summing up? The new theatre will be in v5.00 and this will be Team Fusion Simulation's first paid for expansion :)

Here's some footage of the early Alpha Map with some fuel explosion effects :)

• Upvote 3

Just a few more images :)

post-321-0-33818800-1491059506_thumb.jpg

post-321-0-82169900-1491059477_thumb.jpg

post-321-0-18753800-1491060119_thumb.jpg

post-321-0-26177600-1491060143_thumb.jpg

post-321-0-78743800-1491060197_thumb.jpg

post-321-0-35019000-1491060210_thumb.jpg

post-321-0-68457200-1491074703_thumb.jpg

post-321-0-63777600-1491074732_thumb.jpg

post-321-0-80113000-1491074785_thumb.jpg

post-321-0-04708600-1491074828_thumb.jpg

post-321-0-87006500-1491074857_thumb.jpg

post-321-0-14581400-1491074895_thumb.jpg

post-321-0-92121500-1491074920_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mysticpuma
  • Upvote 1

Thank You. Yep, I know it will be payware and Im ready for this even Today ;)  .

Is it any final list of all flyable (new) planes?

Any news about single player campaign? 

Yes there will be a Single Players campaigns included with TF 5.0... they will obviously be set on the Tobruk map.

There will also likely be some single player missions for the Channel map... to use the new aircraft there.

I never made a campaign in COD , is it the same way as in old IL 2 FB?

I want to make shipping campaign for Beufighters and Blendheim. 

I really really miss flying the Beufighter

The mission construction is basically like IL2:46 FMB, select the object, place in map... but the events (triggers) need be codded in C++... so - as one CloD "lover" used to say - only few people in the whole earth is able to do. :)

Yes I have seen the codes for some triggers and copyed them for testing. So I know that part. 

It is a few , that is right. But that is because they keep the codes secret. Not a very productive way of doing thigs. The sure way of killing a sim is just that

But I never tried to connect a series of missions into a campaign, Do you know if that is the same way as in IL 2 FB

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte

Yes I have seen the codes for some triggers and copyed them for testing. So I know that part. 

It is a few , that is right. But that is because they keep the codes secret. Not a very productive way of doing thigs. The sure way of killing a sim is just that

But I never tried to connect a series of missions into a campaign, Do you know if that is the same way as in IL 2 FB

You are more than welcome to ask for Op. Steamworks and Op. Relinquish which are my missions on ATAG's servers. You can take a look at the scripting and copy and paste. I got a ton of help from Reddog, Salmo, Colander, Wolverine, Gruber, Freya, Swallow,  and a few more I can't remember right now. 

I've offered them to whomever to cannibalize and create new missions but very little interest. I made Op. Steamworks by basically taking Op. Relinquish and just moving targets around, moving the triggers to the new targets, then going into the script and just changing the names where needed. Op. Steamworks also has the new SAR script in it but other than that it was literally Relinquish and I just saved it as a different name, and slowly deleted/moved/added what I wanted different, very little new scripting was needed as long as you name things correctly and do things methodically. The SAR script took a while to get working though. 

I think the reason why there are so few makers is the time. I have maybe 700 hours in CloD, 400 of which are probably in the FMB. Although I do agree the scripting scares a lot of people off, if it wasn't for the above mentioned gents I would have gotten no where. 

Just let me know via PM. 

Edited by 69thSpiritus_Mortem

Just let me know via PM. 

Te fight between Reddog and Collander made me believe these where secret , the only codes I tested was fragments posted at Atag server. I guess I assumed to much.

Sorry about that, anyway Wouth not start anything now. Simply do not have the time 

I recall seeing a screenshot of a Malta map very early on in TF's development.  Is that still being planned or was it more a proof of concept thing for the Tobruk project?  I only ask because Malta is a sort of Holy Grail theatre for me.

I recall seeing a screenshot of a Malta map very early on in TF's development.  Is that still being planned or was it more a proof of concept thing for the Tobruk project?  I only ask because Malta is a sort of Holy Grail theatre for me.

It was a mod (not TF) for Channel Map: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7493 .

btw. to be clear - so TF 5.0 patch will not be free?

I was thinking than TF 5.0 will be free but "Sands of Tobruk" addon (new map + models) will be payware (as separate addon for CoD).

So Dx11 will be before TF 5.0? :)

Edited by YoYo

Crickey no, definitely not that that one!

It was a screenshot of the zoomed out nav map that looked almost identical to the Malta map that Zorin made during the earliest days of Il-2 mods.

There was a screenshots a few years back and it did include Malta. It isn't planned for v5.00..........but who knows what the future will bring! (It isn't expected though)

• Upvote 1

I only ask because Malta is a sort of Holy Grail theatre for me.

Malta from MP perspective is not good option, big distance from Lw/RA bases.

So will result most in "what if" usage, and "what if" by "what if" any place in some map can be Malta - even Isle of Wight. :lol:  

How this map will be big (compared to CoD map)?

Similar size.

Wow! Nice! Very good info.

4c4c1c90dab01eb1796f49a0a61a6a56.jpg

I'm affraid to get lost  :lol: .

btw. so maybe the name - Tobruk map is misleading?

Maybe better will be "Burning sands" or something like this?

Edited by YoYo

I never used my COD steam copy since the original release, but i think i will give this a try. Will the Wellington be flyable? That might be a real seller for me. 

Grt M

North Africa! 

April Fools?

Just posting to warn there was no picture showing

April Fools? timing of the post?

Wow, see this screen and check the filter!

post-321-0-75949100-1491476078.jpg

Bf-109 E-7.

Aere planned to release Regia Aeronautica planes as: Macchi c.200 and SM 79 ?

Cheers

Will this be a paid add-on for everyone? either way I'll have it. Just wondering.

V5.00 will be a paid for add-on available to everyone with Cliffs of Dover.

V4.5 which will include a lot of new features and fixes will be our last free update for Cliffs of Dover.

Cheers, MP

• Upvote 1

Ahh so! It will be 4.5 before 5.0 ? Ok, I didnt know it too. Thx!

Ahh so! It will be 4.5 before 5.0 ? Ok, I didnt know it too. Thx!

Yes v4.5 next. That will be the final free patch.

Ok Puma! Thank You.

So if the 4.5 will be the last free patch for community will it have Dx11 support or not yet?

If not - so support of Dx11 will be in payware patch only?

From Jason:

Later in 2017, the first commercial add-on for Cliffs of Dover will be released. The add-on will be focused on the North Africa theater and will update the engine to DirectX 11 and include new airplanes, a new map and other content and improvements. There is a possibility that other theaters will be developed in the future pending the outcome of this first add-on.  More information about the North Africa add-on will be made public in the coming weeks.

Edited by YoYo

will 4.5 fix a lot of the current issues with Win10? For me I have a quite a few and am forced to run it via "run as admin" to even get it to load. Also run into issues where my throttle stops responding, "Midi"/"highly digitalized" sound and just over all poor performance. I run BOS on Ultra with no problems at all. Anyone know rough cost for 5.0? I'll be picking it up when it drops.

Edited by CrazyJow

Aere planned to release Regia Aeronautica planes as: Macchi c.200 and SM 79 ?

Cheers

No these aircraft will definitely not be included in TF 5.0.

New flyable Italian aircraft for TF 5.0 will be Fiat CR-42 and Macchi C.202.

We looked at adding the Macchi C.200, but it was not much different in performance from the Fiat G-50, (slightly better) and we thought people would prefer a more modern Italian fighter so we chose the C.202.

The Savoia-Marchetti SM-79 is a huge project to build and we can't look at it until TF 6.0 at the earliest... if then.  There is already an Italian bomber in the Fiat BR-20.

Edited by Buzzsaw

will 4.5 fix a lot of the current issues with Win10? For me I have a quite a few and am forced to run it via "run as admin" to even get it to load. Also run into issues where my throttle stops responding, "Midi"/"highly digitalized" sound and just over all poor performance. I run BOS on Ultra with no problems at all. Anyone know rough cost for 5.0? I'll be picking it up when it drops.

Your problems with the throttle are the dreaded W10 peripherals problem... nothing to do with CoD.  Re. sound issues... please check to see if you have other programs running which might be affecting it.  Register for Bugtracker if you want to post a note:

https://tfbt.nuvturais.de/login

TFS cannot comment on pricing for TF 5.0... this is a decision for 1C... and it is early at this stage.