Sign in to follow this  
Mysticpuma

Beta Patch for original CLIFFS OF DOVER on Steam

PLEASE NOTE:

Only for those who are still flying the older version of the game, those flying the new CLIFFS OF DOVER - BLITZ should use the normal Steam install:

-----------

Hi everyone, we'll it's official, the Team Fusion v4.312 patch for 'Il-2 Cliffs of Dover'  is live via Steam.

Follow this diagram to download and install the update. The patch is approx. 2.5Gb in size and contains a host of fixes and features.

post-321-0-78962000-1490552073_thumb.jpg

To see a full list of features please check this thread:

Also for new pilots or those who have been away for a long time, here is a beginner guide to get you up to speed.

Look forward to seeing you in the skies, please spread the word, cheers,  MP/TFS 

• Upvote 7

It's asking me for a beta access code?

You don't need the access code if you can see it.

A bit of a problem. I got my CloD install to update via Steam as above, and ran it. It seemed to be working, so I configured a few controls, and then changed graphics settings - which required a restart. Unfortunately, it now won't start. I get the gunsight/mod icon, then a black screen with the icon on it, followed by an error dialog box saying the launcher has stopped working. I've tried verifying the file intergrity via Steam, but that hasn't helped. Any suggestions before I try reinstalling the whole thing? I suppose the obvious thing to try is resetting the graphics to default, in case a change I made was the cause of the problems, though I'm not sure where these are saved.

Edited by AndyJWest

A bit of a problem. I got my CloD install to update via Steam as above, and ran it. It seemed to be working, so I configured a few controls, and then changed graphics settings - which required a restart. Unfortunately, it now won't start. I get the gunsight/mod icon, then a black screen with the icon on it, followed by an error dialog box saying the launcher has stopped working. I've tried verifying the file intergrity via Steam, but that hasn't helped. Any suggestions before I try reinstalling the whole thing? I suppose the obvious thing to try is resetting the graphics to default, in case a change I made was the cause of the problems, though I'm not sure where these are saved.

I would recommend you have a read through the Beginner's Guide:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/28296-beginners-guide-team-fusion-simulations-patches-and-clod-fa/

There is a list of common problems/FAQ at the end which may help.

"Piece of Cake!"

Just for test the process I enable the BETA, since my install already have TF 4.312 installed, a file of ~3MB was downloaded, and now I have new fancy background.  ;)

Clod--.jpg

CLOD-.jpg

All OK.  :good:
Edited by Sokol1
  • Upvote 1

Hello guys, I have run the patch update and all seems to be okay, well at least I do have the new images anyway, thank you very much. :salute:

I do not use my install very much but as far as I know it had all the patches released so far, what would happen if I had been away for some time and had

only patched up to a certain point, would the latest update verify what I have and patch accordingly to bring it up to date or would it be necessary to start

from the base game again and use the Steam verification that is used for that?

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. :biggrin:

I've still not managed to get it working, even after deleting and reinstalling the complete game via Steam. It's odd, since as I noted above, the first time I started it after patching, it seemed to be working, at least as far as configuring controls. I'll maybe tinker around a bit more, but I suspect I may have to wait until the next patch unless anyone else has the same issue and finds a solution.

Andy:

I had the same, and noticed I still had old dx9 dlls in the diurectory (SweetFX leagcy or I don't remember what)

Anyway , check you do not have remains of past modding in the directory.

Alternatively, you can launch the game from its directory (not thropugh steam) : this displayed a windows with a (dx) error message which was masked by Steam launcher.
Good luck!

Andy, I can't replicate your issue. I went in and changed graphics and all was fine. Try these settings in CloD in your steam:

Right click on the CloD game in your library (left column), then go to properties. Under the updates tab, have Only update this game when I launch it under the Auto updates, then under steam cloud, make sure that the box IS NOT checked. Under the betas tab, select only the teamfusionupdate.

Gabuzomeu has some good tips above, thanks!

Edited by 69thSpiritus_Mortem

Andy:

I had the same, and noticed I still had old dx9 dlls in the diurectory (SweetFX leagcy or I don't remember what)

Anyway , check you do not have remains of past modding in the directory.

Alternatively, you can launch the game from its directory (not thropugh steam) : this displayed a windows with a (dx) error message which was masked by Steam launcher.

Good luck!

Thanks, but I've done a complete reinstall, from scratch, and there isn't anything in the relevant directories except what Steam installs.

Andy, I can't replicate your issue. I went in and changed graphics and all was fine. Try these settings in CloD in your steam:

Right click on the CloD game in your library (left column), then go to properties. Under the updates tab, have Only update this game when I launch it under the Auto updates, then under steam cloud, make sure that the box IS NOT checked. Under the betas tab, select only the teamfusionupdate.

Gabuzomeu has some good tips above, thanks!

Thanks, but that makes no difference either.

Andy, I don't have much advice for you really but maybe try the following.

Uninstall CloD (sorry I know it's a pain). Go to the Steam apps folder and delete the CloD directory. Go then to MyDocuments find the 1C softclub folder, find the CloD MoD folder. Save your conf.ini and confuser.ini files then delete both the mod and original folders in the softclub folder.

Now download C!oD again, try running it, you should see the vcdist setup run and CloD probably won't (what OS are you on?) start.

Go into your Steamapps Common folder. Find the CloD install. Now find the Launcher.exe. Right click it and choose 'Run as Administrator'

Now download the teamfusionupdate via the beta.

Now launch CloD.

Good luck :)

I've got Win 10, Mysticpuma.

You think trying to run CloD before updating it might make a difference? i'm not sure why, but I suppose it is worth a try...

I struggled for hours with this.  Completely fresh install under Windows ten, would not run.  Launcher hangs.  With Team Fusion patch, it hanged.  With the patches applied individually, it hanged.

Eventually, through experimentation, discovered that removing dxgi.dll and d3d10.dll from the clod folder allowed the thing to run after probably 3 hours of messing about.

Hope it helps someone

I struggled for hours with this.  Completely fresh install under Windows ten, would not run.  Launcher hangs.  With Team Fusion patch, it hanged.  With the patches applied individually, it hanged.

Eventually, through experimentation, discovered that removing dxgi.dll and d3d10.dll from the clod folder allowed the thing to run after probably 3 hours of messing about.

Hope it helps someone

You don't need to use the 4 patches from the ATAG forum anymore.

The game can be installed from STEAM.

Please check out the Beginner's Guide here:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/28296-beginners-guide-team-fusion-simulations-patches-and-clod-fa/

I've got Win 10, Mysticpuma.

You think trying to run CloD before updating it might make a difference? i'm not sure why, but I suppose it is worth a try...

The original game will not run on Windows 10... no point in checking.

It requires the Team Fusion update to bring it to Win10.

See the "Beginner's Guide" in the Technical section of this forum...  (see link earlier in this thread)

I suspect it might be your anti-virus.

Buzzsaw, I think you missed the part where I provided a solution to Windows ten problems, and did not ask for help.

Also, the original game DOES run under windows ten, as I explained above.

It's best to read posts before responding to them.

Edited by Novotny

The original game will not run on Windows 10... no point in checking.

It requires the Team Fusion update to bring it to Win10.

See the "Beginner's Guide" in the Technical section of this forum...  (see link earlier in this thread)

I suspect it might be your anti-virus.

Yes, I've seen the beginners guide, and yes, I've tried turning off my anti-virus. Though if it was stopping it running, it would tell me.

Hope it helps someone

Interesting. I'll give it a try...

Edit: Or perhaps I won't need to, as having reinstalled the beta yet again, I actually have CloD running, though whether it will actually stay that way is yet to be determined...

Edited by AndyJWest

Buzzsaw, I think you missed the part where I provided a solution to Windows ten problems, and did not ask for help.

Also, the original game DOES run under windows ten, as I explained above.

It's best to read posts before responding to them.

Thanks for your reply Novotny...  I appreciate you have gotten the basic game to run using your changes... but initially it won't do that.

The changes you made are normally not necessary for users who have Win 10... not sure why they were necessary for you.

I'm also a little concerned they may affect some aspects of the game negatively too.

I will make some inquiries.

Thanks  :salute:

A quick test seems to indicate that I've now got it going, after doing what Mysticpuma advised: installing from scratch, running CloD before uploading the beta patch (not that this seemed to actually do anything), setting the launcher to run as admin, and then uploading the patch. I'll report back later, after testing it properly.

Edit: Seems to be working fine now.

Edited by AndyJWest

Salutations,

I had deleted the game several weeks ago because I couldn't get it running. I just downloaded a fresh copy from steam and followed the directions for the new patch. Everything went well and I can now run the game.

I noticed a game manual on the steam page but was unable to download it.

Any idea when the patch will be in the actual code and it will just auto update Clod and we don't have to do the beta version? Think I can hold out a bit longer.

Salutations,

I had deleted the game several weeks ago because I couldn't get it running. I just downloaded a fresh copy from steam and followed the directions for the new patch. Everything went well and I can now run the game.

See the Team Fusion Wiki Page link stickied in the General Discussion section.  :)

Any idea when the patch will be in the actual code and it will just auto update Clod and we don't have to do the beta version? Think I can hold out a bit longer.

The transfer of the Source Code to TF is still being organized, so we have not yet started work.

Once we get the SC, we hope to have the TF 4.5 patch available in a number of months but it will take some time for our programmers and members to familiarize themselves with this complex piece of software and to do the necessary code work as well as adding the new flyables and elements.

Is there any way to adjust the FFB forces?

When I shoot the cannon the stick goes all over the desk xD

Edited by 9./JG27golani79

If you refer to original game manual:

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/63950/manuals/IL2CoD_MANUAL_UK.pdf

But this manual is like CLoD in release - "unfinished" - worth almost nothing, better use TF Wiki and Chuck_Owl manuals.

Has this "smart" advise:

"... you can jump into any other plane in the game at any time.

Been shot down?

Instead of restarting you can jump into a wingman’s plane and continue with the mission.

Can’t get a bead on that pesky enemy ace?

Jump into the enemy plane and drive him into the ground."  :o:  :rolleyes:  :lol: 

Edited by Sokol1

Hope it helps someone

I think it will help those, like you it seems, who have installed 3rd party software on top of the game like you have. Those files you mentioned belong to the injector program, like SweetFX or Reshade. At some point you have tested it and those left those files behind, leaving to troubles to start the game. Was never related with Team Fusion work or the original game itself. Of course it hanged. Had other stuff hanging it :D

-side note: Buzzsaw is a big man and doesnt need anyone to stand by him. But the 3 stones in the hand reply you gave to the man is, at the very least, awckward. Maybe im spoiled by hanging out with more gentle souls, not used to see someone trying to help and to receive a harsh reply like that. That said, have a nice day :)

• Upvote 1

Ahhhhh Loslav - Remember Buzz is a developer now. As such certain members of the community may feel he is above the need for manners.

Still the poster was correct is stating that he didn't want help. He is however mistaken in thinking that he doesn't need it.

Yes I was snappy and I apologise for that but the chap clearly hadn't read my post before replying to it.

It was a clean install to a new ssd that didn't work, either without team fusion's update or with.  Then I tried the clodder exe which might have dumped the additional dlls in.  it didn't work either, but I noticed it generated errors relating to inject dlls.

Then I tried dling the separate patches, no joy.

Remembering the injection errors and that dll's in main directories with exes are supposed to be used instead of the OS's installed ones, I though to take them out.

I'm guessing - though I may be wrong - that the d3d10.dll is installed by the default steam download and it is this which is hanging the game on fresh installs.

I could test it but I cba installing & uninstalling etc.

Edited by Novotny

Question about incoming Tobruk map + new models.

Q: Do You have in Your plan to add models with Trop filters?

I see only pictures of Bf-109 F Trop but what about trop v. of Spitfires and Hurricanes?

Question about incoming Tobruk map + new models.

Q: Do You have in Your plan to add models with Trop filters?

I see only pictures of Bf-109 F Trop but what about trop v. of Spitfires and Hurricanes?

Yes to all :)

enabled the beta I'm on windows 10 had no issues..

:salute:

Woohooo! :)

Thank You! Good to know and "can't wait" (two weeks be sure TM.)!

• Upvote 1

Has anyone using the CloD Steam patch managed to get the mission builder working? It refuses to place aircraft (though buildings work), and if I try to place a vehicle, it hangs entirely.