Sign in to follow this  
III./JG5_Focke-Wulf

Please Everyone Vote for Overwolf to Support IL2 STURMOVIK BOS

Hello everyone:

I used to apply an Application to support our favourite game IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingard in offical website of OverWolf. and now it is time to vote for this TS3 Plugins to support our new IL2. 

What is overwolf?

the introduction of overwolf in this video :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqGWHzTAOGA

Overwolf is so powerful that can benefit players.

so there is the link which allow anyone to vote the overwolf to support the games

http://support.overwolf.com/game-requests/

you can find our games in the list like

post-23485-0-54360800-1490160087_thumb.png

we need more!

we need everyone!

Thanks for the support!

• Upvote 5

Wait, so I could potentially do all my Christmas shopping and text your grandmother - all while flying in Il-2?

• Upvote 1

no thanks. also not IL-2 related directly and shouldn't be in the General Discussion

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar

Wait, so I could potentially do all my Christmas shopping and text your grandmother - all while flying in Il-2?

Yes that is what it is means lol

no thanks. also not IL-2 related directly and shouldn't be in the General Discussion

It is absolutely related to IL 2 gaming... most of the players are using TS3 atm. The plugins could bring lots of benefits.

• Like 1

no, it's a 3rd party application FOR a 3rd party application. and doesn't really have anything to do with the game itself

If someone asks me to support something for BoS, I expect to be told what exactly it is they want me to support. Not just given a link to a video and a website, neither of which mention BoS.

• Upvote 1

Intrusive and not useful. Spam!

Isn't Overwolf tied to Facebook? It's meant for those who love over-sharing. You can see what your Facebook friends are playing. Then they see what you are playing, what your "friends are playing" and collect all sorts of data about you because Facebook cookies are EVERYWHERE. You are not the customer. You are the product.

• Upvote 1

Actually the plugin is very much a gimmick and crud - No thanks

Video Recorder = high cpu use and low quality video.

Web browser = Low security no Anti virus support really not good

Streaming = Twitch tv comes with its own stuff and also made for it.

As for the music (its already bad enough peple don't see messages now, dont need more of them listening to music.)
Its listen to music or go game not both at same time

• Upvote 1

Actually the plugin is very much a gimmick and crud - No thanks

Video Recorder = high cpu use and low quality video.

Web browser = Low security no Anti virus support really not good

Streaming = Twitch tv comes with its own stuff and also made for it.

As for the music (its already bad enough peple don't see messages now, dont need more of them listening to music.)

Its listen to music or go game not both at same time

Thanks for the information. 

i thought this plugin is good for sharing. it seems no security and useless... 

If someone asks me to support something for BoS, I expect to be told what exactly it is they want me to support. Not just given a link to a video and a website, neither of which mention BoS.

This

I found the original post gave me insufficient reason to click

Edited by Gambit21

One of the guys I flew with in my past squad was an IT guy and he said "Whatever you do don't install Overwolf." He said it was just bad and got into all parts of your computer,(like FB messenger) and was hard to get out. I don't know, never used either. I do not need or want to do a format/reload for a questionable app. So no. 

its simple tho..

Does you anti virus support the browser (no then you can't install it)
Been running computers 20 years only 1 virus of note entire time.

How is this any different from the "New kitchen furniture!" spam? I sit on a chair while playing BoS - seems as much of a connection to me.

Overwolf is the standard overlay program for ts. its really damn hard to get an overlay working if you have no clue what works and what not (and most does not work).

So giving a vote to this would very much help a lot of players, especially less experienced ones.

I hope more people consider this as it is really helpful. ;)

Hey there pilots,

I'm Or from the Overwolf support team,
We love to see your excitement about Overwolf!

I will notify the Overwolf game enablement team about your request, keep in mind that enabling games in Ovewolf takes time and resources!

I hope to provide all of your needs but no promises,

Or Manor
Overwolf Support Manager

• Upvote 1

I'm suporting il2 through it's store not by some 3rd party product, this is not about supporting il2, it's about supporting owerwolf, so no thanks!

It doesn't ask to install it but to ask them to support BOX on their application. For myself the more application will support BOX the more publicity they have over the public. So more players for us in MP !

• Upvote 2

Stop being a bunch of old farts guys. Even if you dont use it/like it many others do and it takes nothing from you to just vote for it.

Its also free publicity 

UrFeZGJ.png

• Upvote 2

I'd be more inclined to vote for it if (a) we were actually told what we were voting for and why we need it (e.g. why do you need a third-party application to run someone else's third-party application, and why does it need anything special done to it to run with BoS?), and (b) there weren't threads on multiple gaming forums complaining that the software concerned is damn near impossible to delete once installed.

Stop being a bunch of old farts guys. Even if you dont use it/like it many others do and it takes nothing from you to just vote for it.

+1, 

If people would more act being part of a team instead of finding what is wrong, the world would be a better place to live.

done.

You don't have to install or use it in order to vote. What is the harm in having it work in BOS for other people that use it?

• Upvote 3

Its also free publicity 

UrFeZGJ.png

Free publicity?

Nothing in life is free. Everything comes at a cost.

And i am sure there are better ways to bring attention to BoX than this little tidbit.

The OW dude said it best

I will notify the Overwolf game enablement team about your request, keep in mind that enabling games in Ovewolf takes time and resources!

How about you simply take a look at their "about us" page and quickly realize that that the Top Overwolf Guys are die hard businessmen.

Their intros read like "me me me me, i am the biggest baddest wolf of Wallstreet ever"

This is for all intents and purposes a company.

8. You cannot use the forum for advertising other products.

Stop kidding yourself about the "free" thing.

Us Old farts (34) have been there and got our fingers burnt - we might just be ahead of the young ones when it comes to XP

and no...

To support something , a thinking man needs valid reasons, a handsful at least.

I see none.

Edited by Yakdriver

What? Seriously guys, whats wrong.. overwolf is mainly used as a free teamspeak overlay. However that overlay is not working right now so it would be nice if BoX gets supported so it would work.

What is so wrong about this? I just don't get it.

/thiscommunitysometimes

That is exactly what they want to project, make you believe.

"its all community, by the community, for the community, there is nothing but warmth and love and hugs and its all free too".

It´s not.
These guys try to make a living. (nothing wrong)
But then be honest about it at the very least (message seems not to come through so far]

If the message is "click here to make oV support BoX"
that means
"click here, so BoX is on the list of Games that the OW COMPANY can use to make a profit"

Take it step by step, put yourself in their shoes.

- If OW were not used in any game at all whatsoever... they would close shop, lose job and do something different. Game support is money to them
- The more Games/Sims/Apps OW is used in, the better their business runs, the better the cashflow.
- So by all means, add BoX to their list and help them make a bit more cash.

Fine with me.
Your choice.

but at least acknowledge the fact that OW is not some sort of magical wizard group who only serves the gaming community by pulling programming time out of their ears, and having access to free webspace.

OW is a business.

they even have a "jobs" section on their Webpage
http://www.overwolf.com/about-overwolf/#jobs [everything is a business... yea i hear ya]

Stop advertising their products - stop thinking they do this as a service to you.
They do this as a service to themselves.
nothing wrong. Just acknowledge it.

Yeah, I see no problem with that. Its called capitalism and while I don't like it: thats how it works.

That being said there will be no obligations to be made by BoX but many players will have an easier time following whos talking to them through ts.

lol yakdriver.....

Holy shit a company that tries to make money EVIL CAPITALIST WALL STREET BUSINESSMEN 

Go and put on your tinfoil hat. If you dont want to use it then fine. I wont as well but if some people wants to use it and it takes me 2 seconds of my life and nothing more to help with that then I am very happy to do so and if you dont then dont but dont come here spitting out some irrelevant bullsh*t 

Despite all the sour fluids I observe above, my vote for BOS is made.

Although I probably won't use it, some people apparently want to, voted. The thread is hilarious by the way, keep up the good work. :D