Jason_Williams

Technical Assistance

Pilots!

Here is where you can discuss technical issues with future Team Fusion patches for Cliffs of Dover. Team Fusion members will monitor this forum and participate in these discussions and lend assistance where possible.

Jason 

is IL2 ClOD part of 777 now? how does it work or will work?  thx

Edited by GOZR

is IL2 ClOD part of 777 now? how does it work or will work?  thx

That's not a technical question at all.

No, Cliffs isn't part of 777 - it's part of Team Fusion Simulations.

There are already a few posts about the future of Cliffs, including the announcement Jason made earlier today.

I bought "Cliffs of Dover", soon after its release, on a disc (DVD-ROM) and made use of the excellent Team Fusion updates and improvements up until about 18 months ago when my computer crashed and a lot of programmes were lost, including CloD. I did not try to reload it, being occupied with Rise of Flight, BoM, BoS etc. and DCS. I had to initially register it on Steam. After Jason's announcement I logged onto Steam and re-downloaded the CloD programme of 5.1 GB. Everything seems okay but the programme refuses to run. A very quick error-message flashes, stating that an error occurred when updating the programme and requesting that I contact "support". I have followed the support options on Steam, but without success. The final option given is to contact the game's creator for assistance. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the game working again?

(I have tried running the original DVD disc, but get an error message stating that "Steam Autorun Setup has stopped working".)

I bought "Cliffs of Dover", soon after its release, on a disc (DVD-ROM) and made use of the excellent Team Fusion updates and improvements up until about 18 months ago when my computer crashed and a lot of programmes were lost, including CloD. I did not try to reload it, being occupied with Rise of Flight, BoM, BoS etc. and DCS. I had to initially register it on Steam. After Jason's announcement I logged onto Steam and re-downloaded the CloD programme of 5.1 GB. Everything seems okay but the programme refuses to run. A very quick error-message flashes, stating that an error occurred when updating the programme and requesting that I contact "support". I have followed the support options on Steam, but without success. The final option given is to contact the game's creator for assistance. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the game working again?

(I have tried running the original DVD disc, but get an error message stating that "Steam Autorun Setup has stopped working".)

Can you provide your specs and Operating system please?

Also, are you trying to run the vanilla game or with the TFS patches? Sounds like you just re-downloaded the game and not the patches but we need to know more so we can help. 

igbyDerekb1948

CloD "vanila" from STEAM (without MOD patches) don't run in Win8/Win 10 without replace their Launcher.exe with "CloDer.exe"  to fix a memory issue - what work well in some computers, but not in others, so is not a assured solution specially for Windows 10.

Is preferable - and recommendable due improvements added - download and install Team Fusion MOD patches, this make the game work OK in any Windows and much more enjoyable than "vanilla" version.

This MOD patches need be installed individually in sequence - as announced, in next mounts this MOD patches will be available as one install in STEAM.

But is (IMO) simple to install - following instructions - I do in "5 minutes".

Edited by Sokol1

Hello 69thSpiritus_Mortem,

Thanks for the quick reply!

The system info is as follows: Windows 10 Home,  Intel Core i7-4790 CPU@3.60GHz, RAM 16.0 GB.

I'm a bit lost as to what I downloaded from Steam, as both Steam and CloD had been entirely gone from my PC. I downloaded the Steam programme, logged-in with my original user name and password, and selected the "download" option next to the CloD icon (its the only thing I ever had on Steam). The download was 5.1GB.  I have the auto-update option selected. (Sorry for my confusion, I predate computers by many decades!)

Hello Sokol1,

Thanks for your response. I did have the TF patches before my PC crashed, late in 2015.

Perhaps I need to install their patches again before running the programme? 

Hello Sokol1,

Thanks for your response. I did have the TF patches before my PC crashed, late in 2015.

Perhaps I need to install their patches again before running the programme? 

Yes, after STEAM install the game download and install TF patches, then try run the game - is what I did recently. 

Edited by Sokol1

Thanks for helping Sokol1!

Sokol is right. Once Steam has DL and installed the game, you need to install every TF patch in order. You can DL them here:

http://teamfusion.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/

Once you have installed all the TF patches, you should be fine. I run Win10 and usually right click on the icon and run the game as administrator. 

In Steam (for now), make sure you have the following settings before you start installing all the patches:

Right click on the CloD game in your library (left column), then go to properties. Under the updates tab, have Only update this game when I launch it under the Auto updates, then under steam cloud, make sure that the box IS NOT checked. Under the betas tab, select NONE-Opt out of all beta programs. 

Some of this will change once we have the patches via steam, but for now this is what you need if you want to fly around now. 

Thanks 69thSpiritus_Mortem and Sokol1, your help is greatly appreciated.

I shall have a go at installing the patches tomorrow or on Sunday, and report back on the outcome.

Thanks 69thSpiritus_Mortem and Sokol1, your help is greatly appreciated.

I shall have a go at installing the patches tomorrow or on Sunday, and report back on the outcome.

Derek, you no-longer need to download the individual patches as a single install patch is now available via Steam.

Just install Cliffs of Dover and then follow the instructions in the attached image, cheers, Mysticpuma/Team Fusion Simulations

post-321-0-61454200-1490620477_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hello Mysticpuma, sorry for the late reply - I've been away from the forum for the last few days. 

Many thanks for the above advice, hopefully I will be able to apply it shortly. I had downloaded a Steam VR programme when re-installing Steam and CloD, and seemed to have picked up some sort of conflict with the functioning of my O.R. CV1 (which currently is only used for DCS). I was only able to get the headset working again by uninstalling Steam, thereby, of course, losing CloD again.

I shall try again, shortly, and will use your advice for the single install patch. Will it be automatically installed once downloaded?

Thanks again,

Derek B.

Derek, you no-longer need to download the individual patches as a single install patch is now available via Steam.

Just install Cliffs of Dover and then follow the instructions in the attached image, cheers, Mysticpuma/Team Fusion Simulations

attachicon.gifHow to install the beta via Steam.jpg

...and after I do this, Steam says me that can't write on a disk one miserable .pdf (russian usr manual) and refuses to launch the game. What's remarkable, this file is actually there and it's absolutely in order. 

Pardon for my English

PS

My apologies, fixed now. Just need check the file cache. 

Edited by Wolf_just_wolf

Hello Mysticpuma,

I'm happy to say that, following your clear instructions, I have CloD back up and running smoothly. The single patch downloaded and installed at the push of a single button, and the simulation was ready to run. I can now look forward to your team's further great patches and, perhaps, VR in the not-too-distant future. Thanks, again, for the support.

Derek B.

• Upvote 1

Guest deleted@30725

attachicon.gifHow to install the beta via Steam.jpg

Thank you, this is much simpler now. It was easy before, but just took some time to start the game after each patch.

I've re-installed CLOD the day TF was put on steam but still in Windows10 I'm having issues with the sound. It'll be fine for a few minutes and its usually once I fire the guns I'll get sounds that sound almost like "midi" file basically HEAVILY digitalized and FPS drop considerably. I've been able to "alt+tab" out and back in with some benefit but not more than a few minutes (If you played ARMA3 before it was opitimized about 6+ months ago, ALT+Tab helped when FPS dropped hard not sure why though.). Is there any way I can fix this? I have IL-2 from 1946 to BOS and CLOD has been the only one I could not get to work correctly since Win10. Before with Win7 I did not have TF MOD as I did not know about it, but when I ran vanila on win7 I did not have any sound issues. Also I did a new install of CLOD without TF to see if similar issues and yes I still run into the same issues. I know its not my sound card as its less than a year old and no other game(s) that I own have that issue.

I've re-installed CLOD the day TF was put on steam but still in Windows10 I'm having issues with the sound. It'll be fine for a few minutes and its usually once I fire the guns I'll get sounds that sound almost like "midi" file basically HEAVILY digitalized and FPS drop considerably. I've been able to "alt+tab" out and back in with some benefit but not more than a few minutes (If you played ARMA3 before it was opitimized about 6+ months ago, ALT+Tab helped when FPS dropped hard not sure why though.). Is there any way I can fix this? I have IL-2 from 1946 to BOS and CLOD has been the only one I could not get to work correctly since Win10. Before with Win7 I did not have TF MOD as I did not know about it, but when I ran vanila on win7 I did not have any sound issues. Also I did a new install of CLOD without TF to see if similar issues and yes I still run into the same issues. I know its not my sound card as its less than a year old and no other game(s) that I own have that issue.

Did you read the Beginner's Guide in the posts above this thread?

Did you read the Beginner's Guide in the posts above this thread?

Yes I did and i've followed all the instructions. My issue is not listed on there. The micro stutters aren't from the voices, its from the guns. The second I fire my guns on any aircraft i have this issue.

Edited by CrazyJow

What are you using for speakers? Headphones plugged into the headphones jack or into the speaker jack? Outside speakers? Or are you using a separate audio box?

I had a weird sound issue with DCS causing FPS hits when using headphones. Not sure what was really the issue, might have been the jack I was plugging into had a loose connection or a bad ground. 

Also, you might want to try disabling audio enhancements if you have it on. Have you tried rolling back or updating sound drivers or has this always happened ? 

I run a gold plated Sound Blaster X-fi Xtreme card. Like I said no other game does this but CLOD. BOS and 1946 both run completely fine with no issues at all. I've tried using just my Headphones and Sound system. I have a 5.1 Channel w/ sub Creative Sound system. Honestly, I'm not willing to roll but back my updates or anything major just for CLOD. Not worth it just for CLOD even more so if it messes up my other games. I'll just wait for optimized and big update this year.

*edit*

I found that my sound enhancement is on. I will try it without that on now.

Still same issue.

I did free flight in 109, no issues except my throttle wasn't picking up at first.

2nd I did the spitfire mission attacking the bombers who are attacking the ships and as soon as I got into the mission I ran into the same issues. Hard digitalize sound. I ran it both on my Motherboard sound via headphones and my sound blaster card via my creative sound system. Same issues still. I'll just uninstall and wait until the big update this year. Hopefully it'll be fixed when its optimized for win10

Is there a way to run clod with no internet connection? I've got no internet on the computer for a while.

Nevermind I found that you can run steam in an offline mode.

Здравствуйте!

Эта игра, которую я установил с паром, вручную установить ваши обновления. Игра работала отлично, никаких проблем. Но я недавно установил автоматическое обновление. Во время игры появилась графическая ошибка. Производительность не влияет, игра не тормозит. Но эта проблема не может быть решена каким-либо образом. Я заново установил игру несколько раз, выключил обновление. Обновлены все драйверы. Skinshots прилагаются. Если заметить, что ошибка появляется при приближении к земле, или полеты над сушей. Помогите пожалуйста решить эту проблему! Мне очень нравится игра. Спасибо!

post-135213-0-61065900-1497813361_thumb.jpg

post-135213-0-23857100-1497813377_thumb.jpg

post-135213-0-49077900-1497813416_thumb.jpg

post-135213-0-79030300-1497813440_thumb.jpg

post-135213-0-61726800-1497813451_thumb.jpg

post-135213-0-09434800-1497813473_thumb.jpg

Здравствуйте!
Эта игра, которую я установил с паром, вручную установить ваши обновления. Игра работала отлично, никаких проблем. Но я недавно установил автоматическое обновление. Во время игры появилась графическая ошибка. Производительность не влияет, игра не тормозит. Но эта проблема не может быть решена каким-либо образом. Я заново установил игру несколько раз, выключил обновление. Обновлены все драйверы. Skinshots прилагаются. Если заметить, что ошибка появляется при приближении к земле, или полеты над сушей. Помогите пожалуйста решить эту проблему! Мне очень нравится игра. Спасибо!

Спасибо за интерес к игре.

Неясно, что вы подразумеваете под «... установленным обновлением» ... вы имеете в виду, что вы установили еще одно обновление для игры? Или обновление Windows?

Рекомендуется прочитать этот пост для получения инструкций по установке:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/28296-beginners-guide-team-fusion-simulations-patches-and-clod-fa/

Ваша ошибка может быть чем-то очень простым ... например, вы удалили папку «Cache» в папках «Документы / 1С SoftClub / il-2 sturmovik» dover - MOD?

Неясно, что вы подразумеваете под «... установленным обновлением» ... вы имеете в виду, что вы установили еще одно обновление для игры? Или обновление Windows?

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/28296-beginners-guide-team-fusion-simulations-patches-and-clod-fa/

Ваша ошибка может быть чем-то очень простым ... например, вы удалили папку «Cache» в папках «Документы / 1С SoftClub / il-2 sturmovik» dover - MOD?

Нет, сначала установил оригинальную игру. Далее установил в ручную обновления Team Fusion. (3.00, 3.01,  4.0, 4.3, 4.312). Все отлично шло, без проблем. Налетал почти 25 часов. Потом появилась возможность установить обновления автоматически  в Steam. Еще раз обновил. Проблема в том что я какое то время игру не запускал. Но на днях решил вернутся, и при запуски любого задания, появляется  такой баг. Игра не тормозит, и появляется он именно тогда, когда самолет над сушей. Я игру удалял, запускал оригинал, и там тоже такая же проблема. Драйвера обновлял, заново устанавливал все обновления, но проблема не решается. Вот поэтому обращаюсь к вам, может сталкивались с такой проблемой. Спасибо!    

Нет, сначала установил оригинальную игру. Далее установил в ручную обновления Team Fusion. (3.00, 3.01,  4.0, 4.3, 4.312). Все отлично шло, без проблем. Налетал почти 25 часов. Потом появилась возможность установить обновления автоматически  в Steam. Еще раз обновил. Проблема в том что я какое то время игру не запускал. Но на днях решил вернутся, и при запуски любого задания, появляется  такой баг. Игра не тормозит, и появляется он именно тогда, когда самолет над сушей. Я игру удалял, запускал оригинал, и там тоже такая же проблема. Драйвера обновлял, заново устанавливал все обновления, но проблема не решается. Вот поэтому обращаюсь к вам, может сталкивались с такой проблемой. Спасибо!    

Здравствуйте

Лучше удалить свою установку и начать заново.

Начните с оригинальной установки игры, а затем установите Team Fusion Beta.

Не забудьте удалить файл Cache.

Не забудьте прочитать инструкции по установке для новых игроков.

Здравствуйте!

Я бы рекомендовал обратиться по адресу

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=90

В русскоязычную ветку, это наиболее по численности комьюнити в БоБе. Большинство ответов по теме БоБа в русскоязычной ветке на форуме БзС оттуда.

Из того, что я вижу на скринах, проблема связанна с драйвером видеокарты.

Хорошо бы еще была инфа по железу и системе.

#

Если система 7-ка, то самая стабильная версия драйверов для Nvidia 368.81, у меня на 7-ке были такие же баги с графикой, после обновления драйверов,  пока я назад не откатил на 368.81.

На 10-ке все в порядке, последние.

Edited by Gnus