Photo

FaceTrack NoIR: Getting it to Work with IL2: BOS

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Vasduten

Vasduten

Posted 19 March 2017 - 14:13

My apologies for the first post on this. I should have cooled off before posting. I had been messing with a couple of different workarounds for this issue, to no avail.

Not the forum's problem, I know.

So far I love this game. The flight model is awesome and the graphics rock. If I could only get FaceTrack NoIR to work, I'd be really enjoying this.

I've read about renaming the NPClient.dll, but can't find it.

Tried changing key-input to 1, to 0, nothing worked.

Most of the posts I've found are over two years old. Is there a more current fix for this?

I'm gonna try FreeTrack out. Do I still have to go in and mess with .dll files?

Or do I still have to change the value of key input from 1 to 0 or something?

Again, my apologies for my first post. It was a big whine, and I deserved every bit of the guff I got over it.

#2 gabuzomeu

gabuzomeu
  • Founder

Posted 19 March 2017 - 16:33

Hi,
I have to verify my settings , but the good news is that this worked fine this morning :-)
Will be back with details.

#3 IvanDolvich

IvanDolvich
  • Founder

Posted 19 March 2017 - 20:07

try Opentrack, that works good for me. https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack

#4 gabuzomeu

gabuzomeu
  • Founder

Posted 21 March 2017 - 13:00

Hi 

After checking, 

in FtNoIR 2.0

I use Freetrack 2.1 as Game Protocol option, with the option "STrat dummy TrackIR.exe" on, and select interface as Use Track IR, hide freetrack

All the .dll needed are in the FtNoIR directory , but (iirc) you may have to download separately from FtNoIR website.

(do you have FtNoIR working with another game?)

#5 Vasduten

Vasduten

Posted 21 March 2017 - 13:26

try Opentrack, that works good for me. https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack

Hmm, I tried Opentrack earlier, will try again but it wasn't working right for me a few weeks ago.

Hi 

After checking, 

in FtNoIR 2.0

I use Freetrack 2.1 as Game Protocol option, with the option "STrat dummy TrackIR.exe" on, and select interface as Use Track IR, hide freetrack

All the .dll needed are in the FtNoIR directory , but (iirc) you may have to download separately from FtNoIR website.

(do you have FtNoIR working with another game?)

I had it working in WWIIOL, but I don't see those options in the Game Protocol drop down. 

I don't have any IR; just a webcam.

#6 gabuzomeu

gabuzomeu
  • Founder

Posted 21 March 2017 - 22:58

Hi,
Do you have version 2.0?
For freetrack options select freetrack 2.1 then click on the button below, which will open a window with the options I mentioned..
Hope you find the right setup ( I assume FtnoIR is working OK ie maps your face and reacts to movements and that your problem is only link to BOS
Oh, by the way, launch ftnoir before launching bos.

#7 Beazil

Beazil
  • Founder

Posted 21 March 2017 - 23:25

I have facetracknoir running on my backup pic, with my old trackir pro clip and a Webcam vasduten. It works I think in Il2 1946, and I'm pretty sure wwiionline as well, but I never got it to work with this Sim. The reason I suggested opentrack was because I remembered before some of the folks had trouble with facetracknoir before, but had success with opentrack.
Of course I will see if I can get it working and share my results later. Good to see you here. :)

S!

#8 Vasduten

Vasduten

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:19

Hi,
Do you have version 2.0?
For freetrack options select freetrack 2.1 then click on the button below, which will open a window with the options I mentioned..
Hope you find the right setup ( I assume FtnoIR is working OK ie maps your face and reacts to movements and that your problem is only link to BOS
Oh, by the way, launch ftnoir before launching bos.

I was never able to get it to run, even after installing the expansion pack for it.

I have 2.0.

I have facetracknoir running on my backup pic, with my old trackir pro clip and a Webcam vasduten. It works I think in Il2 1946, and I'm pretty sure wwiionline as well, but I never got it to work with this Sim. The reason I suggested opentrack was because I remembered before some of the folks had trouble with facetracknoir before, but had success with opentrack.
Of course I will see if I can get it working and share my results later. Good to see you here. :)

S!

Thanks, man. 

I may just wait until I can swing it and build an LED rig that I can attach to my headset. Just have to do some aggressive digging and I'm sure there is a good build out there.

Then I can try Opentrack!

:)

#9 -=PHX=-SuperEtendard

-=PHX=-SuperEtendard

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:00

I have FaceTracknoIR 1.7.2 and works nicely with BoS. Didn't need to do anything really... just installed BoS and worked from the first day.

Here are my settings:

UBkNlQG.png

#10 IvanDolvich

IvanDolvich
  • Founder

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:15

Nice instruction with links to the parts

https://riseofflight...-cheap-heres-h/

You can also buy a good one: http://www.delanengineering.com/

#11 Vasduten

Vasduten

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:58

You guys rule. Thanks!

#12 Europa

Europa

Posted 24 April 2017 - 14:07

Both freetrack and facetrackNoIR are abondoned. Use opentrack. Opentrack can be claimed as the successor of the facetracknoir as the developer was a contributor of ftni. It is still updating and have good support and community. There extra tricks needed to get it work only you have to enable it from IL2 config. I am extremely satisfied with it and it is very stable. To see it in action check my youtube channel to have a preview. I am not going to embed the videos here as they are from a different game but will add IL2 footages soon.

https://www.youtube....PqE27NjoKT3nqfw

Opentrack: https://github.com/o...ntrack/releases

Current version is 2.3.5.1

Edited by Europa, 24 April 2017 - 14:14.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users