Sign in to follow this  
=IL2AU=chappyj

IL2 Australia The pacific MODS ON

Server Name: IL2 Australia - The Pacific Dynamic Campaign MODS ON

Stats: http://il2au.sytes.net/en/info/

IL2 AU is reborn, running a new server that is more sustainable.

In doing so, i've decided to make it a niche 'Pacific' server with the use of certain plane sets, Kuban map coastline (for the coast of New Guinea) and skins and a MOD to support it

The skins are linked on the stats webpage listed above as hyperlinks. 

It includes optional skins, and/or a 'japan mod' which will set the detault skins of the relevant aircraft to japanese/australian/US. 

The advantage to a mod instead of just the skin pack is that even if someone jumps on without the skins or the correct mod, you will still see the right skins. 

The planeset is unconventional in order to make this a pacific arena. 

The axis or Japanese have the following aircraft with Japanese skins.

JU88 = Betty

PE2s87 = Nell 

La5s8 = A6M Zero

MC202 = KI61 tony 

The allies are limited to western allied planes that saw service in the pacific 

P40e

Spitv

A20b

P39

The server is now running an adaption of Coconuts fantastic dynamic campaign that he has generously made available and user friendly to other members of the community. 

Ruleset: Controllers only, Expert settings Custom with navigation icons. No spotting. Warm engine startup.

We have started Coordination and Community Hub through the use of Discord. This will be sort of like our AU timezone Hyperlobby.

Click this link for an invite. I recommend using the app for better voice support (we have voice channels for each side in the server) 

https://discord.gg/UrY8t77

Please use your game name when joining.

We can sort out rooms for squads that fly together on request and create roles for squads with a colour associated.

Edited by =IL2AU=chappyj
  • Upvote 8

Double Digit numbers online tonight Au time thanks to those that showed up. 

Have made several changes to AI based on feedback. 

G'Day gents,

I was on this Server a few nights ago,

there was only one other person (but since he/she flew allies it worked out), but I have to admit I'm a tad confused,

having found the other player and seemingly managing to sneak up on them, when I landed a few rounds it said that I had received a penalty for firing on a friendly,

they were in a Rata and I was in a 109... I haven't checked the track yet, is it possible that some of my rounds hit ground targets (we were at cira 1000m alt), or is is there a rule that I didn't read?

Edited by novicebutdeadly

If you positively ID'd the target and it was in fact enemy then you wouldnt have gotten this notification.

Yes often rounds fired from the attacking aircraft can land on friendly objectives and cause the notification this happens to me when trying to take down a CAS or bomber aircraft near a friendly objective. 

What map was it? ( i ask because i will check ai aicraft and confirm their side settings are correct if it was AI)

Hi Chappy

Thanks for the server. Myself and some mates here in NZ have been using it for the last few nights as we learn the ropes. Unfortunately we are newbies and are suffering for not understanding engine management. Is there a disadvantage to players who do like to handle their engine managment if other players want to set this to auto? I only ask because if there was a possibility of changing this setting on your server to accommodate us newbies we won't have to organise our own server.

Let me know your thoughts.

We are a group of VR enthusiasts and the VR in this game is terrific. If anyone has been on while we are on and we haven't replied to an ingame message we apologise, we are still learning the ropes and replying while flying is a challenge. :)

Look out for : Mattly, Snake Rogers, Frizz, Metalnwood & Hotdog and know we are on learner plates.  

Hi Chappy

Thanks for the server. Myself and some mates here in NZ have been using it for the last few nights as we learn the ropes. Unfortunately we are newbies and are suffering for not understanding engine management. Is there a disadvantage to players who do like to handle their engine managment if other players want to set this to auto? I only ask because if there was a possibility of changing this setting on your server to accommodate us newbies we won't have to organise our own server.

Let me know your thoughts.

We are a group of VR enthusiasts and the VR in this game is terrific. If anyone has been on while we are on and we haven't replied to an ingame message we apologise, we are still learning the ropes and replying while flying is a challenge. :)

Look out for : Mattly, Snake Rogers, Frizz, Metalnwood & Hotdog and know we are on learner plates.  

gday mattly. check other thread as well i responded there. 

maybe jump on discord we can have a chat

Thanks Chappy

Though I am loving VR I think the one area it's weak in is identifying other planes. After twice shooting at teammates I am now to scared to fire at planes most of the time. I keep getting owned by a couple of hardcore German flyers and it's in part because I am unsure about who they are until it's too late. Not sure how this can be solved. Also is it possible to have A.I planes on the server? 

SCuMattly,

Not sure if you are talking about being "Owned" on line (other servers) or in Cappy's server.  However, I would strongly suggest, if you don't already, is to get onto Team Speak, either the BOS one or another one.  I find that if you are on comms and perhaps in a group with others, it gives you an extra pair of eyes for look out and call outs.  I have found that identifying targets on BOS is one of the hardest things to do and I do not even have VR.  Therefore, if I see you in game I will certainly try and talk with you, although the WFPK guys are usually on comms as well and they appear to be a very co-ordinated bunch to latch onto.  

Anyway, I'm certainly not trying to teach you to suck eggs, but hopefully by just doing these few simple things (Comms and flying as a pair) it might increase your chances of surviving but more importantly it will hopefully increase your VR experience/enjoyment.

Regards 

Thanks Chappy

Though I am loving VR I think the one area it's weak in is identifying other planes. After twice shooting at teammates I am now to scared to fire at planes most of the time. I keep getting owned by a couple of hardcore German flyers and it's in part because I am unsure about who they are until it's too late. Not sure how this can be solved. Also is it possible to have A.I planes on the server? 

May sound silly but do you have VR Zoom button setup..

just i have heard many games like WT don't have a zoom for VR.

But here we do

Mattly, 

Yeah as haza mentioned, consider getting onto voice comms. Discord server invite is in the OP and has voice channels for each side in the server. 

I was online last night and asked a couple of times where the rest of the side was flying but no one responded. I suspect because almost all of us were in VR and had the HUD off. 

My tips for target recognition:

1: communicate, wingman.  If you have another buddy on voice you can often pick targets by comparing what each of you think, and the wingman will obviously help keep your 6 clear and vice versa.

2: shape. Some basic rules to follow; Luftwaffe are often skinnier fuselages than Russians, and have more square wings. Russians have stubbier profiles with tapered/rounded wingtips. Radial engines give the F190 and LA5 disctinct looks with the fatter nose. There are more specific things to look for when clarifying a type. eg PE2 compared to 110, pe2 has slightly angled up tailplane while the 110 has a squared tailplane and rudder assembly. IL2s look like an oversized singleseat fighter. A 109 has 2 box like radiator inlets that stick down under the wing roots and an inlet sticking out the left side of the fuselage when following from behind whereas a russian yak has a single radiator centreline.  so on so forth. its a skill that comes with game time.

3: linked to 1, know what everyone on your team is flying (communication) this helps with the process of ID by elimination. 'well i know we have no LA5s up, so that radial engine must be a FW190.

4: tracers. russian tracer rounds are a darker orange while Luftwaffes are paler.

5: skins. over time you will get familiar with the common/default skins for each aircraft. The russian green camo to me is distinctly different in palette to the german greens.

Thanks for the input lads. Most of the above advice we are already taking but we are new and still need time to get better at flying close together etc.

III/JG11_Simmox and III/JG11_Bear seem to be stalking me as they come on within a few minutes of me joining the server. :)

Chappy it's all good regardless, we are having a blast. We have a cunning plan for identifying each other that might work. (we are all going to fly nude).

Probably see you guys on tonight. Public Holiday here tomorrow.

P.S We are on our own clan discord server. 

Edited by SCuMattly

ok well the invites there if you need/want in case you're on solo or wanna team up with others on the same side. 

Bear and Simmo are pretty keen for some a2a action so theyre almost always in fighters if you see them online :)

re: AI planes. 2 maps currently have AI fighter patrols over some of the objectives. so there are some but i havent enabled it in all missions or on all objectives as its not to everyones liking and it also takes up server resources 

Its good to have it in Australia , All the best guys :) , Get exclusive information , Click to know more ....

Edited by jamathe246

hi jamathe unfortunately at the time of you writing your well wishes i was in the process of shutting the server down. 

Despite all indications to the contrary, aussies don't seem to want an aussie server. numbers were almost none existent for extensive periods with the odd spike of maybe up to 10 online at once on a handful of occasions (literally about 5 times in 3 months) The routine excuse was ' i would love to but the server is empty' 

naturally it takes people to lead the way to get a starting population.. something most people weren't willing to do. 

it just doesnt justify the outlay. I may revisit the AU server when NBN strikes my suburb and i can run a spare box in the corner cost free. 

Hi Chappyj

Thanks for running the server i used it a couple of times when I got BOS when it went VR enabled, I stopped playing though as there were no icons and no auto engine management which made it hard to learn the sim in VR and also being new to BOS/BOM, the server settings didn't really suit me as a new pilot and I also want to play COOP missions not human vs human.

Since then I have set up a server in AU for the guys I game with to play on, quite a few of us are in VR and the server has been setup with this in mind, its also going to be on NBN next week, its been set up with a password and COOP missions mainly and has some settings that suit the more casual pilot (icons, hud, auto engine management), however some of our guys like the complex engine management and no icons and the settings allow these aids to be turned off or on to suit the pilot, its not forced on them.

If you want to come and fly with us your most welcome to join us most nights through the work week for Coop missions, we are also on Discord, just send me a PM you would be most welcome, we are flying NZ and AU evenings.

Cheers Stephen

• Upvote 1

Howdy. Been away from BOS for a bit and only getting back into it now. Do you still have a server up? I've been heading straight to TAW.

Howdy. Been away from BOS for a bit and only getting back into it now. Do you still have a server up? I've been heading straight to TAW.

If your asking about mine there is a thread I started on it here

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/30101-au-nz-scu-server-vr-optimised-server-coop-missions-only/

As for the IL2 Australia server I haven't seen it on line for a few weeks now.

ah yeah mate, just saw the thread and posted there. Unfortunately the Aussie IL2 community has really disappeared from back in its IL2 1946 hey day (hyperlobby, multiple aussie squads, etc etc)

Host has explained reasons for shutting it down.

He is another victim who fell to the loud minority demanding for a product that doesnt sell. Loud aussies asked for a Aussie dedicated server but didnt fly after it launched.

What a joke.

hi sinned.

the main issue was it cost me (and 2 others who donated) $70 a month to run on a remote server in sydney. simply not justified with so low response. If/When i get NBN in my area which is aparently still 12 months + away (thats the biggest joke) i will happily run it on a spare box at no cost and therefore it can stay up even if its not often used. So it will probably make a reappearance around 12 months from now.

Yap. Thanks for hosting and it is so terrible to hear your high sunk cost that meant nothing to those who claimed "aussie server will be a sound success".

The best excuse was "i want to fly in your server but there isnt anyone"

Those who misled chappy to host a server but joined other server instead should apologize. Complete worthless organisms.

No, the issue is that the old IL2 community in Aust/NZ has all but vanished. 'Back in the day' I used to be part of an IL2 aussie squad (WTE) and we had something like 50 members and were just one of quite a few (RAAF was a bigger squad). But with the demise of IL2 1946 and the crap that was CloD on launch, everyone went their separate ways. Along comes DCS and thats where sim nuts (like the rest of us) head to. DCS is awesome but just way too expensive. The problem i find when trying to get my mates to fly BOS is, none of them like the eastern front. 

I think players tend to want to emulate what their forefathers did and stories they read...and most of us here (say Aust/NZ) are more versed with:

1. battle of britain

2. US/UK/Luftwaffe aircraft

3. Pacific war (P40s,

most guys know the diff marks of Spit and Hurri but have no idea what the Lagg vs Mig 3 vs Yak fighters are like. So THAT is the problem. Whats left of Aussie BOS players isn't much. However, once the Battle of Midway is released and/or the guys move to the western theatre (ie. western europe, Malta, N Africa), I'm quite sure you will see more aussies coming back. there's still a big group of players who play CloD because they know/understand RAF a/c, not VVS.

• Upvote 1

No, I am talking specific to the demise of this particular server as I have seen the servers incubating phase where some loud minorities were promising to fly 24-7, severs roll out phase and its eventual shutdown.

Low population in mp was a well known fact at launch. Eventual shut down boils down to low life organisms falsely exaggerating their demands more than they are worth.

Worth nothing.

No, worse than nothing as such demand waste others time and resources.

Organisms of abomination.

Edited by sinned

G"day Chappy, Simmo and Pharo ~S~

haven't flown online for ages since HL went rattym and looked around for heaps for an Oz server or similar. what version of IL2 1946 ? needed to fly and is 1946 ? ...  what do I need to update/upgrade ?  I joined discord and hope (as it looked like some were flying looking at discord lobby)  ... is there aby place for an old CFS pilot ? ..

good to see some familiar name sagain.

~S~

regards

Sharkzz

NSW

Oz

Hey bloke it's currently offline awaiting a more sustainable (nbn) solution that won't cost cash per month hopefully in Jan or Feb that will be possible

To clarify it's not a 1946 server (none on this forum are)

Meanwhile we do have a strong AU community on the above listed il2AU discord channel and we fly nightly on other bos servers

cheers looks like you and your squaddies had a bit of fun on one of the missions today!

feel free to join us on discord although we are more active on there in the AU time we already have some american time players around who are in and out of various servers. can even make you a voice channel on there if you guys dont already have one (im guessing you do though)

requests and feedback is always welcome. if you have any reccomendations just post em up and i'll see what i can do. 

obviously the plane selection is a little low at the moment for the 'allies'  . the plan is to add the p39 and a20 ASAP 

Hi Chappy and all in AU.

I'm relatively new to IL2 but not to sim gaming. I've been playing sims for decades and gaming for several decades.

Right now I have been enjoying IL2 and DCS quite a lot and would very much like to get into online gaming for both.

Do you have a regular night you are gaming with IL2?

I am at +8GMT in Perth.

Hi Chappy and all in AU.

I'm relatively new to IL2 but not to sim gaming. I've been playing sims for decades and gaming for several decades.

Right now I have been enjoying IL2 and DCS quite a lot and would very much like to get into online gaming for both.

Do you have a regular night you are gaming with IL2?

I am at +8GMT in Perth.

Hi Poppa, We generally don't have a particular night that we play although we do sometime organise things on discord if we are all keen for some kind of big event or raid on a particular server. Of late though we have all been hanging out waiting for the illusive patch and so have not been playing as much. Jump on the discord and if you are keen to play and people are around they will be happy to fly with you. We have guys from all different timezones on there so there is often someone around. Here is the invite link https://discord.gg/UrY8t77

hi!! Registered on your website and flew on the server for a little bit tonight. Very nice gameplay, had fun doing a few different things, and thank you for setting it up to include the BOK planes!

Coupla questions:

1) Can someone teach me what keys I need to have set up and the procedure for getting the A-20 to start? Whenever engine 1 gets through its start process both shut down on me. Some help please, i LOVE this plane and want to get back into flying it. 

2) Can't keep a P-39 running either, my oil temp spikes and eventually, like 7 mins in, my engine seizes up. I know I need to open something, but the key I have set to open my rad isn't working with the P-39. Help!

3) I saw on the main screen of the server info site the ol' Wirarapa Wildcat, but I did not see it in the P-40 skin pack. Is that one not available?

4) the 4k bumpmaps, do they mess anything up for other skins or servers? I added them without thinking about it beforehand...

Sorry for all of the questions!! Brandnewbie here, more or less. 

~Gunfighter

Hey mate, 

The a20 immediately sets mixture to ZERO after startup procedure. Probably a bug in the sequence so you have to be ready to up mixture to 66% for auto rich in the first couple seconds after both engines have started.

P39 keybinds are the same as in the Yak and lagg etc. Oil and Water radiators. plus it has restrictions on performace. 2700rpm and 42 inches manifold for 15minutes max

** Edit: You're right i managed to leave out the 2 late RNZAF skins. updated pack uploading now. 

The 4k maps probably make a difference to default skins . They may not line up with joints and rivets etc although I've never really noticed when using default skins personally 

Glad you liked the server.  It's a bit messy at the moment because of the 3.001 resaver issue causes  long load times etc 

stats needed updating and coconuts dynamic campaign is having trouble reading the logs and making the next mission (possibly my own fault in installing latest update)

Edited by =IL2AU=chappyj

Chappy, thanks for the response!!

I will try that with the P-39, see if I can get it to not burn up. I really want to employ it vs ground targets, that gun is meeee-eeean!!

Thanks about the skins, the Wildcat is one of my fav non-US liveries for the P-40!!!

So, on to the A-20......what keybindings do I need to set for that? I have my mixture set for, but I can't seem to get it to work at all, even for P-40. Is there something I have to turn off to use mixture?  I have also looked for a setting like we had in the legacy IL2 where you could select both or all engines and then things like pitch and mixture were affected for both engines at the same time. 

Again, really sorry to be asking these kinds of newb questions, I recently started actually getting into flying this game (story - previously my throttle was backwards and I couldn't, for the life of me, fix it so I quit trying.....recently I was encouraged to reinstall and try again and it's resolved itself now), and with the P-38 coming I want to get my twin engine ops set up to run because, well, my fave plane so.....

Thanks again for the help!!

Gunfighter~Rob