Photo

Rise of Flight needs attention!

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 AndyJWest

AndyJWest
  • Founder

Posted 18 March 2017 - 21:31

RoF hasn't been 'abandoned'. Like any other piece of software, as it gets older, the likely returns on any future development diminish. It is still being sold though, and accordingly wouldn't be in in the developers interest to give the game away for free. Likewise, the code for the Digital Nature engine is an asset that won't be handed over to potential competitors. It is of course possible that at some point an agreement with a team of modders might be come to, whereby they get access to the code under an NDA, but as far as I'm aware no such proposal has even been put forward. And I very much doubt that the RoF developers/publishers will announce that they are going to do anything in regard to this unless they receive specific proposals. Accordingly, I suggest that if there are potential RoF modders out there they get themselves organised, decide what exactly they want, and then make a proper approach. Because speculation about it from random people, who apparently don't want to become actively involved, on the forum of another game isn't going to achieve anything.

#42 216th_LuseKofte

216th_LuseKofte
  • Founder

Posted 19 March 2017 - 00:00

Yeah, I've flown my share of franken planes in the past too. 

You know there are far better examples in 1946, and there are many in COD , cheap points.

You attitude do not bother me, I just fed up being "misunderstood" when we all know perfectly what I really meant. 

However , I was only suggesting a possibility we all know never will happen, so I am out, there is really nothing here I am very passion about 

49efc10c-c436-418c-9fbd-9cffdcfaff3d_zps

#43 unreasonable

unreasonable
  • Founder

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:09

We really need to put RoF and OFF in a quiet, comfortable room together with a bottle of champagne and some caviar and let nature take it's course.  With luck we would get a new software with the flying sensation of RoF and the SP of OFF.  Murphy's Law dictates the opposite, unfortunately.

Nullius in verba

#44 216th_LuseKofte

216th_LuseKofte
  • Founder

Posted 19 March 2017 - 13:54

based on what several dcs vr enthusiast have said several times. A ww1 sim supporting VR , will in their opinion be a winner. BOX might as well be in that category for all I know

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte, 19 March 2017 - 13:54.

49efc10c-c436-418c-9fbd-9cffdcfaff3d_zps

#45 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 19 March 2017 - 16:08

When reading the topics on VR, it always reminds me to another, promising development, remember the 3d glasses. I do not think the VR would be an succes for gaming, it is all going to slow and the needed hardware is rather expensive.

BTW, I just took a look at Jasons Rof profile and I did notice his last visit on the Official Rof forum was 28th oktober 2016. So maybe the Rof game is not be abandoned, but sure Jason did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users